Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

12 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

I just saw one here the other day.  A Badlands, white with black roof.  Looked really nice.  It is about the 3rd different one I have seen here on the road.  They are easy to pick out.

I’ve seen a few around here and also think they are easy to pick out.  I really like the overall design. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I’ve seen a few around here and also think they are easy to pick out.  I really like the overall design. 

Ditto.  I think they do stand out especially in Area 51.   Home run for sure.

5 hours ago, twintornados said:

No rule says you MUST take it off road....

I know. I would hope everyone who buys the Sport or the Full Size will at least use it for what it's built for.

1 hour ago, K270 said:

I know. I would hope everyone who buys the Sport or the Full Size will at least use it for what it's built for.

I'm starting to think this bronco brand was a mistake.

You just used every word possible to describe and differentiate the 2 vehicles except the most important one...bronco.

Plus the real bronco isn't actually full-size.

Had they been announced and released together - as they were designed to do - there wouldn't be as much confusion. 

Regarding the styling, they resisted the urge to overstyle, which would have been very easy with the language and cues.

They saw a huge weak spot at the bottom of the Jeep range and exploited it. 

13 hours ago, K270 said:

A co-worker just bought a Sport. Not sure which trim level she bought. I don't think she's sure. I know she won't be using it for off road type stuff. 

I mean, I'm getting the bigger one and I know I won't do a ton of off-roading in it.  I plan on doing more than I do now (none lol), but it'll still primarily be an on-road vehicle for me.

58 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Had they been announced and released together - as they were designed to do - there wouldn't be as much confusion. 

Regarding the styling, they resisted the urge to overstyle, which would have been very easy with the language and cues.

They saw a huge weak spot at the bottom of the Jeep range and exploited it. 

Yeah, it's unfortunate they couldn't have launched them together.

• Like 1

I don’t think it would have mattered if they launched together or not. Launching them together only makes it clear that there are two different models. The bigger problem is when people call both models “Bronco”, then you don’t know which model they are referring to. I see this multiple times a day in the bronco FB groups.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Purely to differentiate it from Sport. The key is you will never see it referred to as Full-Size by any official ford outlet.

The problem with using such imprecise terminology is you're spreading a false size expectation. Lots of posts on 6G by people who went to the Bronco demonstrations only to be disappointed by the Bronco's small interior space. These people are probably coming from a big bronco background, and it probably doesn't help you prepare for the size reduction when you see people calling it the fullsize Bronco.

Remember that the last bronco could fit a max of 6 people, so if you start throwing around the "fullsize" descriptor you may be inadvertently setting people up for disappointment.

36 minutes ago, probowler said:

The problem with using such imprecise terminology is you're spreading a false size expectation. Lots of posts on 6G by people who went to the Bronco demonstrations only to be disappointed by the Bronco's small interior space. These people are probably coming from a big bronco background, and it probably doesn't help you prepare for the size reduction when you see people calling it the fullsize Bronco.

Remember that the last bronco could fit a max of 6 people, so if you start throwing around the "fullsize" descriptor you may be inadvertently setting people up for disappointment.

Everyone knows it's based on Ranger.  If anyone was expecting it to be the size of the F-150 inside, that's on them.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, probowler said:

But you also didn't have air bag protection for the front passengers nor a bench seat, which has died and gone off into the history books. 

Not to mention vehicles have gotten much larger over the past 25-30 years that a "full sized" Bronco would be the size of an Expedition in 4 door trim. 

The new Bronco compares well with the old 1996 Bronco in seating space and gives up a little in cargo room....

I personally don't need a giant vehicle to drive down the road..the 4 Door Bronco is just about perfect in overall length for me. 

13 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

But relatively few so far it seems. Odd. 

Seems more and more of the emails are going out, have you checked the Vehicle Visibility site? 

Unfortunately I'm getting real close to the point where I'm gonna pull the plug. Sell my truck for the insane amount it is worth now, get a decent Ranger for a few years and just get an environmentally friendly Warthog in 2 years. I would like to sell before I hit 200k, and being I can get 27K for a 11 year old truck with 188K on the odo it seems crazy not to better to do it now where I can still find something on a lot worth buying. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

But you also didn't have air bag protection for the front passengers nor a bench seat, which has died and gone off into the history books. 

Not to mention vehicles have gotten much larger over the past 25-30 years that a "full sized" Bronco would be the size of an Expedition in 4 door trim. 

The new Bronco compares well with the old 1996 Bronco in seating space and gives up a little in cargo room....

I personally don't need a giant vehicle to drive down the road..the 4 Door Bronco is just about perfect in overall length for me. 

No, it doesn't compare at all... I have a 1996 bronco. When properly equipped, you can fit 6 adults inside. The new 2 -door can only fit 4. The bed is also much smaller than my bronco.

The new bronco may be wide due to much bigger tires and fender flares, but the interior space doesn't match the large exterior unfortunately.

It's cool that the new bronco is the perfect size for you, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. The new bronco is not fullsize, and that's an objective fact.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 10:27 PM, K270 said:

A co-worker just bought a Sport. Not sure which trim level she bought. I don't think she's sure. I know she won't be using it for off road type stuff. 

Ive got one ordered for the wife...nothing to do with off road prowess, and Im 100 percent certain that's NOT the major hot button for those buying them....the car is a blast to drive and looks fantastic....its off road , 4 wheel drive chops are just a bonus. People are buying it mainly due to how it looks and drives.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, probowler said:

No, it doesn't compare at all... I have a 1996 bronco. When properly equipped, you can fit 6 adults inside. The new 2 -door can only fit 4. The bed is also much smaller than my bronco.

The new bronco may be wide due to much bigger tires and fender flares, but the interior space doesn't match the large exterior unfortunately.

It's cool that the new bronco is the perfect size for you, but that is irrelevant to this discussion. The new bronco is not fullsize, and that's an objective fact.

So people who own full size Broncos from the 90s are miffed when people call the new Bronco full sized and people who own mid sized Broncos or who have ordered a new Bronco are miffed when people call Bronco Sport a Bronco.

Sounds like people looking for an excuse to be offended.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Ive got one ordered for the wife...nothing to do with off road prowess, and Im 100 percent certain that's NOT the major hot button for those buying them....the car is a blast to drive and looks fantastic....its off road , 4 wheel drive chops are just a bonus. People are buying it mainly due to how it looks and drives.

The vast majority of Bronco and wrangler buyers are buying it for looks and because the top and doors come off and for the capability to go anywhere if they choose to do so, not because they plan to go rock crawling or muddying.   And that’s perfectly fine.  

Just like people buy Jaguars built to go 160+ mph but never drive them faster than 75 and never on a track.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, akirby said:

So people who own full size Broncos from the 90s are miffed when people call the new Bronco full sized and people who own mid sized Broncos or who have ordered a new Bronco are miffed when people call Bronco Sport a Bronco.

Sounds like people looking for an excuse to be offended.

Just admit you were wrong already.

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Interestingly enough, the new Defender offers a center front seat:

2020 Land Rover Defender 110 Interior Review: Updates Bring Defender into  21st Century2021 Land Rover Defender 90 Puts the Defender In its Purest Form

3 hours ago, probowler said:

Then don't buy one?

We've long established people online - not Ford - are calling it "full size" solely as a differentiator between it and the Sport, not that it's an Expedition-sized behemoth.

7A71D1F7-C625-4899-B287-22BB910F5F4D.jpeg

EC3DB5FF-46A2-49BB-AF60-CE466C50BE48.jpeg

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1