Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

37 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

And since no stock units have been allocated, these either have to be:

- Customer orders that didn't follow through, meaning these sales will count towards the "20% name match" rule to protect future Bronco allocations; or

- These are the dealer demo units that they're trying to get a big deposit on now, even though they can't be sold until they hit a certain mileage. Breaking this rule will also impact future allocations. 

$50,000 markup? That's just wild. 

People have been complaining to Mike on Twitter about the addendums on Mach-E's and he's personally working with every single one of them to get it corrected. Not sure what leverage they have but he seems to be doing something to address it. 

It's wild. 

Ford has very specific rules and regulations regarding Mustang Mach-E pricing and advertising that Dealers must comply with or be subject to penalties. The details are lengthy but do not prohibit a Dealer from selling a Mustang Mach-E above MSRP. The whole issue of addendums is controversial but generally accepted in the sale of limited production vehicles, in particular Shelby GT350/500 models. The addendums in such cases are generally accepted, and still negotiable, whereby excessive addendums ($50,000) are considered price gouging and damage the Dealer's reputation and perceived business practices in general. Ford's ability to control pricing in general is limited by the longstanding franchise laws.  

22 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The addendums in such cases are generally accepted, and still negotiable, whereby excessive addendums ($50,000) are considered price gouging and damage the Dealer's reputation and perceived business practices in general.

That's what I was getting at earlier, at what point do price gouging laws become applicable? It's not like Bronco production is arbitrarily limited like a Shelby Mustang, it's literally limited by production capacity. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's what I was getting at earlier, at what point do price gouging laws become applicable? It's not like Bronco production is arbitrarily limited like a Shelby Mustang, it's literally limited by production capacity. 

Agreed. Perhaps someone else can provide information on applicable price gouging laws. Unfortunate, of course, that even a few dealerships that practice what most would consider price gouging can do a lot of damage to all dealership reputations, etc. 

On 6/24/2021 at 4:13 PM, PREMiERdrum said:

Decision on the 26th wasn't made until yesterday, I don't expect build schedules to be addressed until next week. 

Mine was scheduled for the 26th.  Got the email today:

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Bronco BIG BEND.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of August 23, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

I actually am not in a hurry to get mine and I have known from various forums about the commodity issues, so I was not expecting to see my Bronco this year.  I somehow managed to get a production date and VIN before many others and have no idea how that happened. 

Edited by danglin

1 hour ago, danglin said:

Mine was scheduled for the 26th.  Got the email today:

We have made an adjustment to the production date for your 2021 Bronco BIG BEND.

Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of August 23, 2021. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status.

Thank you.

I actually am not in a hurry to get mine and I have known from various forums about the commodity issues, so I was not expecting to see my Bronco this year.  I somehow managed to get a production date and VIN before many others and have no idea how that happened. 

Congrats!  You have likely mentioned this, but what is your reservation timestamp and build specs?

37 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s not price gouging if it’s a free market transaction.  

Price gouging means excessive and $50k is definitely excessive. I can see $5k or even $10k if you’re a smaller dealer in a rural area or something like that but $50 is excessive. 

I generally agree with you if the market can bear it then by all means the business should be able to charge up to what the market is willing to bear. If we're going to have these kinds of laws they need to be enforced or removed entirely. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Price gouging means excessive and $50k is definitely excessive. I can see $5k or even $10k if you’re a smaller dealer in a rural area or something like that but $50 is excessive. 

I generally agree with you if the market can bear it then by all means the business should be able to charge up to what the market is willing to bear. If we're going to have these kinds of laws they need to be enforced or removed entirely. 

Price gouging usually refers to essential supplies, such as stores marking up lumber/plywood, bottled drinks, and dry goods just ahead of or during a natural disaster. State law enforcement agencies do go after businesses that take advantage of emergencies.   A  new Ford Bronco is probably not an essential item for survival, especially since people have been waiting a year for them :). 

18 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

This is the first I'm hearing about it. That all started after I left for the day at 4:30. One of those pictures is a loading dock and doesn't look like really abnormal to me but what do I know, I haven't witnessed it in person. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Price gouging usually refers to essential supplies, such as stores marking up lumber/plywood, bottled drinks, and dry goods just ahead of or during a natural disaster. State law enforcement agencies do go after businesses that take advantage of emergencies.   A  new Ford Bronco is probably not an essential item for survival, especially since people have been waiting a year for them :). 

I've heard reports that some dealers are charging up to $100,000 for a new Bronco. I know it's hard to find a C8 Corvette for under $100,000, even a used one. Those who get a Bronco for sticker are fortunate. 

31 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I've heard reports that some dealers are charging up to $100,000 for a new Bronco. I know it's hard to find a C8 Corvette for under $100,000, even a used one. Those who get a Bronco for sticker are fortunate. 

There's an example in this thread from earlier today, that's been discussed, showing a San Francisco website with advertised prices at MSRP + $50,000.  

Edited by ice-capades

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

They are dealer ordered and were  always going to be marked up but man,

Ford should be putting a lid on stuff like this, $50k extra is scalping buyers.

Yeah, it's ridiculous, and I'd walk away if my dealer pulled that.

I remember a while back I was in their showroom and they had a 50k markup on the 2 GT500s they had - I thought that was ridiculous at the time, but at least they're production limited!   Bronco is temporarily, but still a mass produced vehicle, 50k is absurd.

4 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Congrats!  You have likely mentioned this, but what is your reservation timestamp and build specs?

Thanks!  I reserved on October 2nd and Ordered on January 22nd.  It is a Cactus Gray 2 Door Big Bend with 2.7 Ecoboost, Rear Locker, Mid Package, Side Steps, Roof Rack, LED Signature Lighting and Sandstone Interior.  Tried to add Tow Package, but was too late (Not sure really need it anyway).

1 hour ago, danglin said:

Thanks!  I reserved on October 2nd and Ordered on January 22nd.  It is a Cactus Gray 2 Door Big Bend with 2.7 Ecoboost, Rear Locker, Mid Package, Side Steps, Roof Rack, LED Signature Lighting and Sandstone Interior.  Tried to add Tow Package, but was too late (Not sure really need it anyway).

Nice build and I’m sure you are elated to have a build date!  I reserved a 4-door Outer Banks on 7/31 and switched to a soft top with the hope of my order being pulled.  I have a second 4-door Outer Banks reservation with zero compromises (black mod top, etc).  That later reservation will be submitted as an order whenever mod tops become available.  If I can’t live with the soft top, I will have another option for ~2023 MY.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There's an example in this thread from earlier today, that's been discussed, showing a San Francisco website with advertised prices at MSRP + $50,000.  

Since we don't allow manufacturer owned/operated dealerships in the US,  this will continue to happen. Some dealers are going to want their first Broncos to sit on their lot and draw traffic, unless a buyer is willing to throw a lot of money at them.  This should be a similar story to the S197 fifth generation Mustang. Some people paid big money to get one of the first "retro-future' models, but in short order dealer lots were full of them. Like the Mustang, there will be plenty of special edition Broncos with higher performance. 

37 minutes ago, sullynd said:

It will be interesting if Volvo is able to pull this off, and if so whether others will follow. 

https://jalopnik.com/volvos-ev-sales-plan-leaves-its-dealers-feeling-threate-1846575933

Ford tried a similar strategy with online shopping where the deal was completed at the dealer.  Dealers sued before the ink was dry on the proposal and of course they won.  Volvo doesn’t stand a chance if the dealers don’t like it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Ford tried a similar strategy with online shopping where the deal was completed at the dealer.  Dealers sued before the ink was dry on the proposal and of course they won.  Volvo doesn’t stand a chance if the dealers don’t like it.

Correct, there’s strong state laws protecting dealers from what would be seen as moves to edge them out of the business.

Edited by jpd80

18 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

I thought that dealer was on the favorites list over on B6G?

I don't go that forum. I'm sure someone has posted the same thing I did over there. If so, what are they saying on that forum? I do know that's one of the longer running Ford dealerships in the area. I remember them way back in the mid 1980s. Theres been other dealerships in the area that have come and gone. Then another Ford dealership comes around a couple of years later under a different owner. I'm sure the Verducci family doesn't own Serramonte Ford anymore. But the dealer never closed. It just went under an extensive remodel a few years back. 

BTW, poking around the other Ford dealers websites in the area, none of them have a Bronco featured on their website. One dealer in San Jose looks they have a page set-up to order a Bronco, but they don't have one for sale. 

1 hour ago, Buckin' said:

Does anyone know if August is fully scheduled yet? I'm willing to switch to a soft top but need the hard top prep. Wondering when I should call my dealer to make the change.

August isn't close to being fully scheduled. Only push backs so far,  the normal scheduling cycle starts this week. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

August isn't close to being fully scheduled. Only push backs so far,  the normal scheduling cycle starts this week. 

What is the scheduling cycle for this go around?  Is it FE, VIPs and Priority orders the first week, all others the next week and two weeks of cleanup?  Thanks.

21 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Since we don't allow manufacturer owned/operated dealerships in the US,  this will continue to happen. Some dealers are going to want their first Broncos to sit on their lot and draw traffic, unless a buyer is willing to throw a lot of money at them.  This should be a similar story to the S197 fifth generation Mustang. Some people paid big money to get one of the first "retro-future' models, but in short order dealer lots were full of them. Like the Mustang, there will be plenty of special edition Broncos with higher performance. 

I believe York Ford in OH has one that they are using as a DEMO for a couple months and then selling way over sticker for big profit. At least that is what the spokesman for the dealership said.