Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

To bring back the gas milage conversation.  The EPA only shows a 1 mpg combined difference for the 2.3L. between the Ranger and the Bronco (auto or manual). The 2.7L is obviously worse, but its not offered on the Ranger (yet). 

I don't know if the 2 / 4 door has an affect either (or which the EPA is putting on the comparison tool I used) 

Again, very negligible.

624014640_ScreenShot2021-06-30at2_05_44PM.thumb.png.619cb3378db322b8a81a5d57a14311fe.png

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

that is NOT the Dealerships fault....inventories are download from Ford Corporate...everything is posted...even fleet and retail orders unless the spoken for vehicles are flagged by the Store when they pop up.Our inventory consists on vehicles that have even been produced yet, retail orders and even Municipality stock shows up....ridiculous...and its all reflective of Corporate being Control freaks...

Yes but Fleet, Retail and other non-stock orders can be filtered out by the dealership's web host so that they don't display online. Some dealership's aren't bothering so that they can show more inventory online with the current depressed inventory levels. 

16 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Yes but Fleet, Retail and other non-stock orders can be filtered out by the dealership's web host so that they don't display online. Some dealership's aren't bothering so that they can show more inventory online with the current depressed inventory levels. 

I know my dealership has at least one other Bronco order in, since it was someone who worked at the dealership. 

Just saw you can add some “accessory” wheels on build and price. These appear to be the same wheels on the STX package for the ranger.C744CD17-78C2-4924-BB6E-56B3CE6A115E.thumb.png.3a13e486843ad310c1c0fa5d69869611.png

If you add the wheels, then they show up as the wheels from the black appearance package on the ranger. When added to the outer banks, I really think they improve the appearance. Now if I only knew what wheels you’d actually get lol. EA6D09B0-9B72-4189-A234-E4DC2EF2558D.thumb.png.18addced6767fc7caddaeebf1ed47aea.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

personally I just wish Ford would keep its nose out and stop meddling...like I said...its a control issue....theres no way in hell they cant see if a unit is OT1 or 5b etc etc...lol

Edited by Deanh

14 hours ago, Deanh said:

personally I just wish Ford would keep its nose out and stop meddling...like I said...its a control issue....there's no way in hell they cant see if a unit is OT1 or 5b, etc... lol

Agreed but FordDirect has complete control over some of the content on the FordDirect hosted dealership sites. For example, FordDirect has to approve any change in a dealership's department hours prior to the change being displayed online. Some of the FordDirect control, regarding inventory displayed online, can be circumvented by the dealership having someone good handling their website content and having a good support representative at their web host that can filter the FordDirect inventory feed so that the online inventory displayed accurately reflects what's available to prospective customers. Unfortunately, at a time when a dealership's digital presence is more important than ever, many don't know or don't care if their online content is outdated, incorrect or misleading.

And yes, Ford has too much control, interferes too much in dealership operations and is making things more difficult. They're making a mess of the retail ordering and scheduling and dealerships have to rely on media reports to know what the plant production schedules are!    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Agreed but FordDirect has complete control over some of the content on the FordDirect hosted dealership sites. For example, FordDirect has to approve any change in a dealership's department hours prior to the change being displayed online. Some of the FordDirect control, regarding inventory displayed online, can be circumvented by the dealership having someone good handling their website content and having a good support representative at their web host that can filter the FordDirect inventory feed so that the online inventory displayed accurately reflects what's available to prospective customers. Unfortunately, at a time when a dealership's digital presence is more important than ever, many don't know or don't care if their online content is outdated, incorrect or misleading.

And yes, Ford has too much control, interferes too much in dealership operations and is making things more difficult. They're making a mess of the retail ordering and scheduling and dealerships have to rely on media reports to know what the plant production schedules are!    

how about the latest premise of how Orders that are processed via the Order Verification process wont count against allocation...bwahahahahaha, I don't believe THAT for a second!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

how about the latest premise of how Orders that are processed via the Order Verification process wont count against allocation...bwahahahahaha, I don't believe THAT for a second!

Yeah... and Ford's said nothing about it actually being implemented, how or on what vehicle lines so far. That and the constantly changing plant schedules is just making a complete mess!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So it appears my Bronco has been built as of last Friday and I checked my sticker again just now and it updated, but on Bronco6G, someone posted something about hidden data fields in the sticker and I found an additional address on the sticker with this info:

GROUND EFFECTS
39055 MAPLE AVE
WAYNE MI

The address is literally down the street from the plant, and some googling really doesn't say much about what goes on there. Seen a couple job postings etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

So it appears my Bronco has been built as of last Friday and I checked my sticker again just now and it updated, but on Bronco6G, someone posted something about hidden data fields in the sticker and I found an additional address on the sticker with this info:

GROUND EFFECTS
39055 MAPLE AVE
WAYNE MI

The address is literally down the street from the plant, and some googling really doesn't say much about what goes on there. Seen a couple job postings etc. 

Did you have any accessories or post-build options added? That's usually what a gate release to Ground Effects would signify. 

Otherwise, I'm so excited for yours to arrive! I know you'll love it. 

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Did you have any accessories or post-build options added? That's usually what a gate release to Ground Effects would signify. 

Otherwise, I'm so excited for yours to arrive! I know you'll love it. 

To best of my knowledge I don’t, unless clear bra or mud flaps would do that. 

I was under the impression that any options being sold at the moment where dealer installed. 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:59 PM, silvrsvt said:

GROUND EFFECTS
39055 MAPLE AVE
WAYNE MI

Post or PM me the VIN, I'll look it up Monday. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 10:59 PM, silvrsvt said:

GROUND EFFECTS
39055 MAPLE AVE
WAYNE MI

https://www.gfxltd.com/

Did you order it with the paint protection film?

Capabilities

The foundation capabilities of Ground Effects Ltd. include;

• Automated Manufacturing 
  • Automated Assembly
  • Specialized Surface Coatings
  • Mass Vehicle Customization

In-house services includes CAD/CAM product design and development, machining, milling, bending, and Robotic plasma cutting and welding. 

Ground Effects Ltd. can meet virtually any manufacturing requirement and is a leading supplier to the automotive industry.  

I had a few hours before flying back to Atlanta yesterday in Detroit and went by Ford’s HQ.  They had at least 100 Bronco’s in one of the parking lots. Many of them were open and we peaked inside quite a few of them. I think they are there for some type of repairs since all had some type of comments on the drivers window. 

First impressions are very favorable and love the variety of packages and unique styling elements. Noticed every one I did look at though seem to be having some body panel fit around the back hinge area. Here are few pics and hopefully this is something they straighten out quickly. Overall everything else looked spot on but this is something that needs to be addressed. 

Photos (1).zip

Edited by kyle

16 minutes ago, kyle said:

I think they are there for some type of repairs since all had some type of comments on the drivers window. 

The markings on the window aren't necessarily indicative of a repair. Sometimes it's a signal to the yard workers directing them to where that unit is going, whether it gets loaded onto a truck or train. Stuff like that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The markings on the window aren't necessarily indicative of a repair. Sometimes it's a signal to the yard workers directing them to where that unit is going, whether it gets loaded onto a truck or train. Stuff like that. 

Thanks for clarifying....I wasn't sure since most were just AD or something to that effect but several noted a defect on the window....there was a 2 door hardtop  and it indicated top defect, etc. 

1 hour ago, kyle said:

I had a few hours before flying back to Atlanta yesterday in Detroit and went by Ford’s HQ.  they had at least 100 Bronco’s in one of the parking lots. Many of them were open and we peaked inside quite a few of them. I think they are there for some type of repairs since all had some type of comments on the drivers window. 

First impressions are very favorable and love the variety of packages and unique styling elements. Noticed everyone I did look at though seem to be having some body panel fit around the back hinge area. Here are few pics and hopefully this is something they straighten out quickly. Overall everything else looked spot on but this is something that needs to be addressed. 

Photos (1).zip

Thank you for sharing those photos. I hope Ford gets that resolved quickly.

Got to drive a Wildtrak soft top dealer demo today.  It was awesome.  Drove very well, features were great.  Had a guy ask about it on the drive.  I wish I had mine :(

I found the soft top (up) to be quite loud, especially on the highway.  It's definitely much less insulated than my Mustang's soft top.

Not sure why I didn't post all my comments here, but here goes...

I drove a Wildtrak soft top mannequin today as well. I drove up to see it because it was a Wildtrak - wanted to see the interior combo, drive it, etc. I loved it - it was awesome. I had seen a Big Bend and OBX before during the national tour, but this was my first time seeing nearly my complete build

It was a Wildtrak with sasquatch (included), soft top, high package, and modular front bumper, and . Lux package is the only thing missing that I ordered.

I'm about 6'0" and I found ingress/egress easy - I actually found the step unnecessary but also useful - meaning, I don't have to use it, but I know I'll use it sometimes, and will be handy for shorter passengers......as well as washing the roof.

I thought it drove really well - got to drive it on surface streets and the highway. Tracked nicely, steered well, was composed on the highway. I found it quick - I put it in sport mode and thought it accelerated well - It's obviously not my Mustang, but it's much better than the Flex.

Interior materials were good - I retain the same opinion I had before - they're good quality, though mostly "hard touch" except for a few major touch points like the arm rest and upper door panel/arm rest (which as others have mentioned falls perfectly to rest your arm on it). And frankly, it didn't bother me as much this time - could they be fancier? Sure, but they'll last. I also liked the interior color combo - I was never in the dislike camp for Wildtrak's black/tan pairing - but I liked it......the tan isn't as obviously tan as it might look in photos - it's more of a "gray" tan than your 90's tan interior - and not that dissimilar from what I have in my Flex currently (medium sandstone is what they called it in the Flex).

I did find the soft top to be loud, especially on the highway. It was ok in the front row, but could hear a lot of noise behind me. My mom, who came along and sat in the back seat, said it was loud back there, and almost echo-y coming from the rear compartment. I've been told the hard top is a more "normal" vehicle experience/quieter. It's much louder than my Mustang's soft top......obviously a bigger area to cover in the Bronco. It was wet/raining out so didn't get a chance to pop the roof back.

All in all, I'm glad I went and drove it. I just wish I had mine haha.

And another comment after someone at 6g had asked more specifically about the noise:

Wiltrak is sasquatch by default, so there was definite tire noise, but I could tell what that was, and I actually though that was pretty low compared to what I remember my dad's Raptor having initially years ago.

It was more wind/exterior noise that I found to be loud. One thing to note, though, it was basically a test drive with the sales guy in the car/back seat, so there was no music on like you'd normally have to help drown out other noises. Numbers wise, my watch said around 68-70 db from the drivers seat, but not sure how accurate that actually is, and like I said before, the noise was definitely coming from the rear part of the cabin (obviously, but worth pointing out).

• Like 3

Three weeks tomorrow since I took delivery of mine, and both the design and engineering of these things is still blowing my mind. We played 2 gigs this weekend and both of them briefly turned into mini car shows with people wanting to crawl around my truck. Of course I let them... it was fun to talk Bronco with a bunch of car guys. They all loved it. 

HOWEVER... the MIC roof is quickly being exposed as the Achilles heel. I now have a few edges that are starting to show delamination, where the middle "core" layer of honeycomb material is starting to chip away between the outer and inner layers. Since the edges are "raw" and exposed, I can only imagine what seasonal changes will do to these things. My free sound-deadening headliner is also separating from the roof in several places, showing the vinyl "sticker" used between the raw MIC roof interior and the acoustical carpet.  A user at B6G also shared how the honeycomb core texture is now visible on the exterior of his roof after waxing it, likely the result of the outer layer being cast unevenly and the "thin" spots letting the core show through. 

I can't see how Ford doesn't end up having to replace every MIC roof that's left the factory so far. The design of it may work if the manufacturing were 100% flawless, but in reality it just isn't possible. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1