Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

59 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Well anything post March 2020 was COVID related. I don't think they actually started producing tops at the plant they have now til almost a year later? 

If COVID didn't happen-would this still happened? My gut says yeah most likely. 

But I thought this was a brand new plant so it had to be under construction for at least a year.  That’s what I thought was delayed.

43 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I thought I saw an article that it was done before COVID? Maybe the tooling wasn't installed. @PREMiERdrum can you share anything?

Looks like it was built in 2019.  Must have misread something.

Article also says Ford is giving Webasto a lot of money and manpower to help fix the problem and get more (good) tops made.

The building timeline wasn't the problem. 

The tooling was slower to arrive and eventually needed to be reworked and partially replaced. 

COVID-related shutdowns dealt perhaps the two biggest problems that they can't seem to get out from under: Getting the proper materials and resins to the plant to test out the equipment in meaningful numbers, and  hiring and onboarding staff. 

The big investment from Ford came months ago to rework the tooling and help onboard more staff, but I haven't talked to any source who was more confident in the recent deliveries from Webasto to the plant. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danglin said:

Got this in the mail today!  Seen on Bronco Nation that others have been receiving these. Nice touch by Ford!  Now get the MIC Top issues solved!

IMG_20210727_125834297.jpg

Got mine a few days ago. I wonder what else I'll be getting....LOL

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

cue complaints about "Stealerships"....oh wait...most are privately owned......ahem....

Lots of shady shit on both sides...the only cure to get more product out.

I'm at day 31 and waiting for mine to show up. Still no change. So I'm starting to wonder if I'll see before Labor day at this rate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2