Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

21 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Wait, 2000 trees? You can see that building from I-275, it doesn't look like there was even room enough there for 2000 trees. I definitely don't condone illegal removing of trees like that but I seriously doubt that number. 

Area-wise, we're talking about 4-5 acres of land.

@fuzzymoomoo @ice-capades Are either of you able to provide any information on more MAP shutdowns for the month of August? I know as of early last week nothing was confirmed. On Friday a bunch of people had their build dates kicked 2 weeks. Then a bunch of these same people actually had their builds kicked another month to late September/early October.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

@fuzzymoomoo @ice-capades Are either of you able to provide any information on more MAP shutdowns for the month of August? I know as of early last week nothing was confirmed. On Friday a bunch of people had their build dates kicked 2 weeks. Then a bunch of these same people actually had their builds kicked another month to late September/early October.

I don't think a decision was due until today, but I'm pretty confident in saying 8/23. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Still nothing confirmed on my end 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I don't have access to plant schedules unless they're included in the FDNB Reports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I got pushed from 8/30 to 9/27 :thud:

15 minutes ago, Buckin' said:

So scheduling is finally happening again this week, right? How much will actually be scheduled? End of August? September?

2021 Bronco orders will schedule this Thursday. Per the Scheduling Toolbox, production should be scheduling for the week of 08/30/201. I should have confirmation by late tomorrow morning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Has yours left the lot or is it still stuck in purgatory?

hate to regurgitate this, but I stated a long time ago that Fords delivery is like Farenheight and Celcius...you double it and add thirty to get some semblance of reality....and that was PRE chip shortages....shoot, it took them 6 MONTHS to build my Sport...and I still wont see it till Oct 30 ( and that additional delay is related to chip shortages ) That said, I feel for you guys...your fingernails must be nubs!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Has yours left the lot or is it still stuck in purgatory?

Its still in the lot....someone told me here that it was waiting on the splash guards and it hasn't updated in the system since 7/13

5 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I read a post on Facebook (super reliable source.. I know) that many of the units that are stuck in purgatory are waiting on "something". Latest I read was the camera system and tops. Obviously take it with a grain of salt.

See above...and I'm going to assume my top has issues now also.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

hate to regurgitate this, but I stated a long time ago that Fords delivery is like Farenheight and Celcius...you double it and add thirty to get some semblance of reality....and that was PRE chip shortages....shoot, it took them 6 MONTHS to build my Sport...and I still wont see it till Oct 30 ( and that additional delay is related to chip shortages ) That said, I feel for you guys...your fingernails must be nubs!

Mine is apparently because of a lack of 4 pieces of plastic apparently-the splash guards. 

I've been without a car since the end of July-not too big of a deal at the moment, but my wife starts her in processing for her new job end of this month and going to work every day and I'm supposed to go to hybrid schedule by 1 October, so things are going to get very tight very soon for me :(

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Mine is apparently because of a lack of 4 pieces of plastic apparently-the splash guards. 

I've been without a car since the end of July-not too big of a deal at the moment, but my wife starts her in processing for her new job end of this month and going to work every day and I'm supposed to go to hybrid schedule by 1 October, so things are going to get very tight very soon for me :(

sorry brother....things are never smooth when it comes to new releases...and that's being compounded with the interference we affectionately call Covid….frustrating...Im fine , but that's only because the same shite happens to me every time I order a car...

Edited by Deanh

53 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Short of the roof leaking or a life/safety issue just ship it and deal on the backside, this is getting insane and there is no communication from Ford. I'd rather have a discolored roof and get it replaced in the spring, or a missing accessory that is installed next year than having it sit in random lots, which are full of field mice and not having a vehicle.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Short of the roof leaking or a life/safety issue just ship it and deal on the backside, this is getting insane and there is no communication from Ford. I'd rather have a discolored roof and get it replaced in the spring, or a missing accessory that is installed next year than having it sit in random lots, which are full of field mice and not having a vehicle.  

sadly if Ford went ahead all the social media sites would blow up with massive complaints....bad publicity for sure...People just love  TO BITCH...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

You do bring up an interesting problem of lot rot happening to these vehicles, and like you said, if mice infestations start happening, they are going to have MAJOR issues in addition to bad MIC tops and whatever else the hang ups are. 

If I'm just sitting for splash guards, ship the fucking thing already. It takes 10 minutes to put them on at the dealership or I can put them on.

There seems to be multiple minor issues that are affecting the Bronco outside of the roof.  

50 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

You do bring up an interesting problem of lot rot happening to these vehicles, and like you said, if mice infestations start happening, they are going to have MAJOR issues in addition to bad MIC tops and whatever else the hang ups are. 

If I'm just sitting for splash guards, ship the fucking thing already. It takes 10 minutes to put them on at the dealership or I can put them on.

There seems to be multiple minor issues that are affecting the Bronco outside of the roof.  

There is some pretty major issues going on, there are fields and lots full of them out by willow run, they have been putting netting on the fence around so you can’t see in. They lucked out or maybe it was intentional as it’s restricted airspace by the airport so no drones to show Wall Street what’s going on so no videos or photos.

At some point this is going to get press, I’m also not buying the COVID excuse, there seem to be so many things wrong now. My excitement is fast turning into am I buying a problem ridden lemon that’s going to have tons of problems. 

Edited by jasonj80

33 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

There is some pretty major issues going on, there are fields and lots full of them out by willow run, they have been putting netting on the fence around so you can’t see in. They lucked out or maybe it was intentional as it’s restricted airspace by the airport so no drones to show Wall Street what’s going on so no videos or photos.

Meanwhile, GM is doing the exact same thing.  About 1,000 pickups and SUV's are being parked each day!  Arlington has about 10,000 full-size SUV's parked outside awaiting chips.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/08/05/gm-parks-suvs-chip-shortage/5473476001/  

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

With what I'm seeing in my roof I'm not 100% sure you'd want it at this point. I'm 1,651 miles in and have swelling, delamination, uneven gaps, and headliner separation. The snakeskin texture and easily scratched surface is just a bonus. 

LOVE my truck, hate this piece of shit roof. 

34 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

With what I'm seeing in my roof I'm not 100% sure you'd want it at this point. I'm 1,651 miles in and have swelling, delamination, uneven gaps, and headliner separation. The snakeskin texture and easily scratched surface is just a bonus. 

LOVE my truck, hate this piece of shit roof. 

My problem is that I have 3 weeks before I don’t have a vehicle. Friend moving to AZ is buying my truck and is using it to tow his uhaul when he moves then as his base as his desert fun car. All was going well until I ended up in jail. 

Edited by jasonj80