Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

16 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

My problem is that I have 3 weeks before I don’t have a vehicle. Friend moving to AZ is buying my truck and is using it to tow his uhaul when he moves then as his base as his desert fun car. All was going well until I ended up in jail. 

That sucks, brother. I'm sorry. 

At this point, a customer relations campaign (at minimum) is necessary for purgatory builds and once again delayed production schedules. I'm as big a Ford cheerleader as there is, but they're really screwing this up. Bigly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

Meanwhile, GM is doing the exact same thing.  About 1,000 pickups and SUV's are being parked each day!  Arlington has about 10,000 full-size SUV's parked outside awaiting chips.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2021/08/05/gm-parks-suvs-chip-shortage/5473476001/  

The lots around Detroit are packed with Jeeps, F150s, RAMs and in one area Nissan of all things. I have seen some Escapes, Explorers and F150s slowly rolling into dealers around here. Amazing this time last year you could get $6500 rebate and 0% for 72 months on an Edge now you get $1000 and that’s if you order it. 

GM seemed to weather this better early on but it is getting ugly for them too now. 

44 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

That sucks, brother. I'm sorry. 

At this point, a customer relations campaign (at minimum) is necessary for purgatory builds and once again delayed production schedules. I'm as big a Ford cheerleader as there is, but they're really screwing this up. Bigly.

I am too, fourth generation Ford employee when I worked there in late 90’s early 00’s. I can’t 100% blame them as I think they have no clue what is going on as it changes by the minute and it’s just a huge pile of S*** in the industry as a whole. But some communication once a week for us with built units would be nice. People are going on 6 weeks and no info that’s what’s bad. They are so concerned that Wall Street is going to find out they don’t want to talk about it. Worse they still have articles coming out about the Bronco and Ford PR retweets and sends them out, which just makes it worse as they won’t give any info. 

As for the Bronco they never should have launched with the build complexity they did after it was clear there was going to be issues. If they didn’t have all the preorders they could have just built what they had and turn them out and send to dealers and let them sell what showed up. 

Other option was to start deleting features like they did on the Maverick, can’t do the rear window defogger just delete it and wait until it becomes available in 2023 or 2024.

Edited by jasonj80

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

As for the Bronco they never should have launched with the build complexity they did after it was clear there was going to be issues. If they didn’t have all the preorders they could have just built what they had and turn them out and send to dealers and let them sell what showed up. 

I cut them a lot of slack for this reason.  They could have started with just a 4 door 2.3L automatic with half the features.  They really went for it and the end result is great.  But in hindsight they took on too many new things at the same time.

The one thing Ford has 100% control over is communication so that’s inexcusable at this point.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

With what I'm seeing in my roof I'm not 100% sure you'd want it at this point. I'm 1,651 miles in and have swelling, delamination, uneven gaps, and headliner separation. The snakeskin texture and easily scratched surface is just a bonus. 

LOVE my truck, hate this piece of shit roof. 

I am seriously thinking of either A.) re-doing my order to a soft top w/hard top prep kit (hoping later tops are better than whats being built now) or B.) cancelling the entire order. I am still at "unscheduled clean" and have been for months.

8 hours ago, akirby said:

The one thing Ford has 100% control over is communication so that’s inexcusable at this point.

Exactly. The other issues are understandable given the state of the world today, but their complete refusal to communicate with their customers - even with updates like "we're facing unprecedented supply chain issues that have unfortunately delayed your order" - is an absolute failure. Nobody forced them to set up a direct customer reservation system for these things, they did it on their own... and they pretty much turned their back on these customers as soon as things got difficult. 

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

I am seriously thinking of either A.) re-doing my order to a soft top w/hard top prep kit (hoping later tops are better than whats being built now) or B.) cancelling the entire order. I am still at "unscheduled clean" and have been for months.

Honestly, the design of the soft top has a few of its own issues that haven't yet been sorted out. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Exactly. The other issues are understandable given the state of the world today, but their complete refusal to communicate with their customers - even with updates like "we're facing unprecedented supply chain issues that have unfortunately delayed your order" - is an absolute failure. Nobody forced them to set up a direct customer reservation system for these things, they did it on their own... and they pretty much turned their back on these customers as soon as things got difficult. 

Honestly, the design of the soft top has a few of its own issues that haven't yet been sorted out. 

It's really a crap sandwich for everyone right now. The degree with each manufacture has been hit varies. It's clear Ford has been hit probably the hardest, if only for the fact that they have several high profit/high demand/highly visible products rolling out.

I didn't like Ford taking online reservation/ordering. I think it's a gimmick that was spawned by Tesla and being able to say, "we have x reservation holders for a product that isn't out yet". Well, it's clear they bit off more than they could chew. They need to have consistent contact if they are going to do this. I learned while I was in IT operations, sending a message with no news or bad news is better than not sending notifications out all. I am really surprised that they haven't had a schedule for notifications. Ex. if you reserved online. You get a two week or monthly update of the status.

@PREMiERdrum , tell us about these soft top issues? I thought I originally read that most of the rubbing issues were due to poor installation/out of alignment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

@PREMiERdrum , tell us about these soft top issues? I thought I originally read that most of the rubbing issues were due to poor installation/out of alignment.

The ones coming from the factory with the roll bar rubbing were misaligned at installation, but the frame itself has too much lateral travel and give at the joints. It will rub eventually. 

And the "feature" that leaves the rear quarter windows wavier than a silk sheet in a breeze.... yuck. 

I wouldn’t call the reservations a gimmick, although they certainly enjoyed the publicity.

What would have happened without them?  Dealers auctioning allocations to the highest bidder?  I think not having reservations would have been an even bigger CF.

Unfortunately, TFL was able to buy one and they have been reporting problems with theirs almost on a daily basis. The latest was a whistling noise above 30mph. Ford did report on that problem though and said they are telling dealers how to fix it. I would suspect Ford hasn't responded to top complaints because they don't have fix yet sorted out with dealers. 

10 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The ones coming from the factory with the roll bar rubbing were misaligned at installation, but the frame itself has too much lateral travel and give at the joints. It will rub eventually. 

And the "feature" that leaves the rear quarter windows wavier than a silk sheet in a breeze.... yuck. 

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I always thought the soft top looked a little wavy.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

I wouldn’t call the reservations a gimmick, although they certainly enjoyed the publicity.

What would have happened without them?  Dealers auctioning allocations to the highest bidder?  I think not having reservations would have been an even bigger CF.

Which is worse,  putting orders in at your dealer with dealers doing dealer things to make them more money or a reservation system that doesn't give you updates and keeps the customer in the dark (with some dealer doing dealer things like ADM on top of that)?  At least ordering directly through dealer and not online, it puts more of an onus on the dealer for updates and less shade on Ford the company.

37 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I didn't like Ford taking online reservation/ordering. I think it's a gimmick that was spawned by Tesla and being able to say, "we have x reservation holders for a product that isn't out yet". Well, it's clear they bit off more than they could chew.

Well it is exactly like Tesla in a way, they took reservations, delayed and delayed the launch and then when they did launch its a quality nightmare and has all sorts of problems and just like Tesla people love the vehicle even with the problems. 

14 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Unfortunately, TFL was able to buy one and they have been reporting problems with theirs almost on a daily basis. The latest was a whistling noise above 30mph. Ford did report on that problem though and said they are telling dealers how to fix it. I would suspect Ford hasn't responded to top complaints because they don't have fix yet sorted out with dealers. 

Develop the fix on the assembly line, then send to dealers how to fix after you figure out the root cause. 

12 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Well it is exactly like Tesla in a way, they took reservations, delayed and delayed the launch and then when they did launch its a quality nightmare and has all sorts of problems and just like Tesla people love the vehicle even with the problems. 

Develop the fix on the assembly line, then send to dealers how to fix after you figure out the root cause. 

Supposedly there are hundreds sitting in the MAP parking lot with roof problems. Assuming Webastco fixed their end, then Ford has to figure out how to fix those in their parking lot, and then go over steps with dealers. Hopefully they don't have to buy back thousands of $50,000 Broncos already out there. Seems like something as basic as a roof shouldn't be impossible to fix/replace.

28 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Which is worse,  putting orders in at your dealer with dealers doing dealer things to make them more money or a reservation system that doesn't give you updates and keeps the customer in the dark (with some dealer doing dealer things like ADM on top of that)?  At least ordering directly through dealer and not online, it puts more of an onus on the dealer for updates and less shade on Ford the company.

At least Ford has offered some level of communication on these orders up until recently.  Dealers have proven over and over that they care nothing about communicating with customers on special orders.  Just look at the vehicle tracking forum and all the Superduty order discussions.  The manufacturing situation would be exactly the same.

The big benefit to reservations is it allows the avg buyer to get a first year model at MSRP or less without having special dealer connections or spending days shopping and negotiating or traveling long distances.  Assuming they reserved immediately.   It also told Ford exactly which models and options they need to build the first year.  I think it would have worked well if not for the parts shortage and design/manufacturing issues.   They definitely bit off more than they could chew and should have limited some of the new stuff.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

At least Ford has offered some level of communication on these orders up until recently.  Dealers have proven over and over that they care nothing about communicating with customers on special orders.  Just look at the vehicle tracking forum and all the Superduty order discussions.  The manufacturing situation would be exactly the same.

The big benefit to reservations is it allows the avg buyer to get a first year model at MSRP or less without having special dealer connections or spending days shopping and negotiating or traveling long distances.  Assuming they reserved immediately.   It also told Ford exactly which models and options they need to build the first year.  I think it would have worked well if not for the parts shortage and design/manufacturing issues.   They definitely bit off more than they could chew and should have limited some of the new stuff.

The Mach E reservation system seemed to work out OK? And Bronco Sport had a First Edition reservation system? And ditto for Maverick?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

The Mach E reservation system seemed to work out OK? And Bronco Sport had a First Edition reservation system? And ditto for Maverick?

The Bronco Sport (any model) was also part of the reservation system, but didn't get nearly the same attention the Bronco did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. I always thought the soft top looked a little wavy.

?One of the requirements of the current ordering system is its necessary to give FORD your e-mail address...and they do contact you directly with updates......

14 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

With what I'm seeing in my roof I'm not 100% sure you'd want it at this point. I'm 1,651 miles in and have swelling, delamination, uneven gaps, and headliner separation. The snakeskin texture and easily scratched surface is just a bonus. 

LOVE my truck, hate this piece of shit roof. 

making me happier all the time my full size is delayed...that SUCKS! I assume youll be addressing that through Service correct?

8 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Yeah, but the generic "We know you want your Bronco. Stay pumped!" garbage isn't helping them. 

LMAO...not that I expected anything else....heck...I have not received ONE piece of correspondence regarding my ordered Sport....8 months and counting....As much as I feel for you guys, and the communication from corporate...don't set your expectation high at all...in fact err on the side of disappointment and youll be a lot happier. Sorry for being brutally real...they have let me down so many times, both personally and in my attempts to assist customers, I do NOT expect much at all.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Supposedly there are hundreds sitting in the MAP parking lot with roof problems. Assuming Webastco fixed their end, then Ford has to figure out how to fix those in their parking lot, and then go over steps with dealers. Hopefully they don't have to buy back thousands of $50,000 Broncos already out there. Seems like something as basic as a roof shouldn't be impossible to fix/replace.

There are probably 2K plus now parked at various lots around and more get added too everyday. The roof on both is a disaster, the soft top has less issues and is cheaper to replace. Ford already understands they are going to be replacing almost EVERY roof produced at this point.  Apparently there is an announcement coming "soon" on the whole issue.

18 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

There are probably 2K plus now parked at various lots around and more get added too everyday. The roof on both is a disaster, the soft top has less issues and is cheaper to replace. Ford already understands they are going to be replacing almost EVERY roof produced at this point.  Apparently there is an announcement coming "soon" on the whole issue.

I was given two exact numbers for held units earlier this week. Both started with 2,1xx. 

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I was given two exact numbers for held units earlier this week. Both started with 2,1xx. 

I think they are going up as there are carriers still showing up. :( 

I'll give the people over on G6 some credit they have come up with this; this is also the point where it starts to turn into a PR nightmare. 
dirt-mountain-jpg.157073

• Haha 2