Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I'm in a bit different situation than some of you guys who already have VINs or examples produced that you're waiting to arrive, as I've been pushed back to '23 waiting on the painted roof, but I agree that the lack of communication other than "stay excited guys!" isn't working already, let alone if they continue to take that approach.  I feel that most of those that have reserved would be more understanding/open to a more detailed explanation (i.e. having further top issues, wanting to ensure quality, sorry for the additional delay, or having trouble with parts x,y,z, etc) than being left in the dark completely.

Sending some (neat) sketch posters and stuff helps, but they need to figure out the issues for sure, and communicate better in the meantime.

While I don't like waiting longer, I was ok with getting bumped to a '22.....and if they're continuing to have issues, a '23 might not be the worst thing in the world for them to solve the issues.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I'm in a bit different situation than some of you guys who already have VINs or examples produced that you're waiting to arrive, as I've been pushed back to '23 waiting on the painted roof, but I agree that the lack of communication other than "stay excited guys!" isn't working already, let alone if they continue to take that approach.  I feel that most of those that have reserved would be more understanding/open to a more detailed explanation (i.e. having further top issues, wanting to ensure quality, sorry for the additional delay, or having trouble with parts x,y,z, etc) than being left in the dark completely.

Sending some (neat) sketch posters and stuff helps, but they need to figure out the issues for sure, and communicate better in the meantime.

While I don't like waiting longer, I was ok with getting bumped to a '22.....and if they're continuing to have issues, a '23 might not be the worst thing in the world for them to solve the issues.

put me firmly on the side of Im ok if pushed back, A) Ican put together more down payment and B)hopefully theres some new options that become avail and GASP maybe a far better color palette...because right now it SUCKS....one only has to look at the colors Toyota has for their Tacoma to see what Im getting at....

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Not sure if its still in the cards but 23MY was when a lot more options/features were going to come in. The Bronco still actually uses a fair amount of current T6 systems, those will be updated when the new Ranger debuts. 

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

put me firmly on the side of Im ok if pushed back, A) Ican put together more down payment and B)hopefully theres some new options that become avail and GASP maybe a far better color palette...because right now it SUCKS....one only has to look at the colors Toyota has for their Tacoma to see what Im getting at....

2022 Bronco colors leaked:

https://www.motor1.com/news/525522/2022-ford-bronco-exterior-colors/

Edited by CoolScoop

17 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

saw that a while ago...to say I was disappointed is an understatement....wheres the Lead foot Grey? Wheres the Army Green? the Avalanche comeback?….the trend is pastel colors, Fords completely lost the plot....

Edited by Deanh

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

Agreed - I'm hoping things like A/C seats and some of the other tech features (lane centering, etc) make their way onto Bronco by then.

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Not sure if its still in the cards but 23MY was when a lot more options/features were going to come in. The Bronco still actually uses a fair amount of current T6 systems, those will be updated when the new Ranger debuts. 

I'm interested to know what you've heard might appear.

23 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

I saw this at 6g - I find it hard to believe they're dropping VB at minimum - and they've just confirmed the green as well.  I don't think this is a complete list.

If there's no VB (or something close to it) by the time mine is produced, I'm going to be pissed.

I honestly find it hard to believe they're making any changes for '22 with the backlog.

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed - I'm hoping things like A/C seats and some of the other tech features (lane centering, etc) make their way onto Bronco by then.

I saw this at 6g - I find it hard to believe they're dropping VB at minimum - and they've just confirmed the green as well.  I don't think this is a complete list.

If there's no VB (or something close to it) by the time mine is produced, I'm going to be pissed.

I honestly find it hard to believe they're making any changes for '22 with the backlog.

It was scheduled to get the coPilot 3.0 which is now blue cruise as well as other luxury features that will be on the NG Ranger. Also the plug in hybrid as well as regular hybrid, but not sure where that all stands. Hopefully I’ll see a good source over Labor Day weekend and can figure out how to vaguely ask questions for them to answer.   

If anything it would be Alto Blue replacing VB for 2022. Almost same color and they can charge $395 for it. ?

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It was scheduled to get the coPilot 3.0 which is now blue cruise as well as other luxury features that will be on the NG Ranger. Also the plug in hybrid as well as regular hybrid, but not sure where that all stands. Hopefully I’ll see a good source over Labor Day weekend and can figure out how to vaguely ask questions for them to answer.   

If anything it would be Alto Blue replacing VB for 2022. Almost same color and they can charge $395 for it. ?

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Yeah, it did seem like an odd omission for it to not get a lot of the "latest and greatest".  I know I likely would've opted for a hybrid if it were available, but we'll just have to wait and see.

The hammer has dropped. 

New tooling being developed for the MIC hardtop. NO new MIC units being built until then. 

ALL MIC tops will be replaced once the new tooling is installed and production ramps up. The roughly 2,200 Broncos trapped at MAP will remain there well into October until the roof units can be replaced with the new design. 

Only after all that happens will MIC Hardtops be available for new production. 

First Editions are guaranteed to be produced before the model year changeover, but most remaining MIC hardtop units will likely shift to MY22. 

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The hammer has dropped. 

New tooling being developed for the MIC hardtop. NO new MIC units being built until then. 

ALL MIC tops will be replaced once the new tooling is installed and production ramps up. The roughly 2,200 Broncos trapped at MAP will remain there well into October until the roof units can be replaced with the new design. 

Only after all that happens will MIC Hardtops be available for new production. 

First Editions are guaranteed to be produced before the model year changeover, but most remaining MIC hardtop units will likely shift to MY22. 

Following up to Ross' post. Details from Ford can be found here.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/?-ford-announces-mic-hardtop-solution-unscheduled-orders-will-get-my2022-delivered-built-broncos-will-have-tops-replaced.21508/

Well this is terrible news for those waiting on a hardtop.   Manufacturing issue is one thing but not knowing there is a design issue u til 3 months into production is inexcusable.  It all goes back to doing too much too quickly.  They should have been building these 9 months ago and they would have had time to redesign and retool before launch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Not exactly a fan of my Bronco sitting in a lot for 3-4 months waiting for a freaking roof ?

That is my issue, I find the timetable laughable at this point with all they need to do, I just assume it will be Feb/March before it shows up; I'm really leaning toward walking away and will decide this weekend and talk to friends at Ford and see what the real story is. I really don't want to own a car long term that has sat for 6+ month with a top that is possibly leaking that is sitting in a field. What is odd is it shows until July 21 for the action, I was built on July 22, and I know people that have builds that were done last week I assume we are also getting new tops but will be at the very end of getting a replacement top.

Worse I'm also taking delivery of a 2021 car in 2022 as well and I'm not even sure how they will complete an unfinished 2021 in 2022 as they will be in violation of federal law on production dates which may add a whole new wrinkle to this debacle. Oh yeah we got your top done but were not legally allowed to sell it to you. They have a best interest to just keep saying a few months a few months as if they say 6months more and more people will bail. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Worse I'm also taking delivery of a 2021 car in 2022 as well and I'm not even sure how they will complete an unfinished 2021 in 2022 as they will be in violation of federal law on production dates which may add a whole new wrinkle to this debacle. Oh yeah we got your top done but were not legally allowed to sell it to you. They have a best interest to just keep saying a few months a few months as if they say 6months more and more people will bail. 

Which law?

50 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

That is my issue, I find the timetable laughable at this point with all they need to do, I just assume it will be Feb/March before it shows up; I'm really leaning toward walking away and will decide this weekend and talk to friends at Ford and see what the real story is. I really don't want to own a car long term that has sat for 6+ month with a top that is possibly leaking that is sitting in a field. What is odd is it shows until July 21 for the action, I was built on July 22, and I know people that have builds that were done last week I assume we are also getting new tops but will be at the very end of getting a replacement top.

vin numbers designate model year....so who knows...as for people pulling out, given the pent up demand...that wont be an issue in the slightest.....however...sure will be some pi$$ed off people that went through the extremely streamlined Ford Reservation process.....sidebar...absolutely beyond me given how long this whole Bronco development and engineering process has taken...that the issue with roofs bears its ugly head NOW after so long??????

15 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Which law?

Manufactures are legally not allowed to produce a MY vehicle in the next calendar year. Example would be a 2021 MY vehicle can not be assembled at all after Dec 31, 2021, the time in which a 2021 MY Vehicle can be produced is Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31st, 2021. This is so manufactures don't just issue a bunch of VIN's and build vehicles in later calendar years to circumvent new safety, fuel economy, CAFE and emission requirements that are tied to vehicle MY. 

13 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Manufactures are legally not allowed to produce a MY vehicle in the next calendar year. Example would be a 2021 MY vehicle can not be assembled at all after Dec 31, 2021, the time in which a 2021 MY Vehicle can be produced is Jan 1, 2020 - Dec 31st, 2021. This is so manufactures don't just issue a bunch of VIN's and build vehicles in later calendar years to circumvent new safety, fuel economy, CAFE and emission requirements that are tied to vehicle MY. 

The hard top is classified as an "accessory" as all safety testing was completed with the roofs both on and off, so these units are considered "complete" currently, as much as that sucks. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I find that odd because the reverse happens all the time....ie 2023s released in Feb of 2022

7 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The hard top is classified as an "accessory" as all safety testing was completed with the roofs both on and off, so these units are considered "complete" currently, as much as that sucks. 

Well considering the MIC top roof panels fly off in some of the crash testing that makes sense. 

6 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I find that odd because the reverse happens all the time....ie 2023s released in Feb of 2022

There is a 2 year "ish" window; 2023MY will be Jan 1st, 2022 for sales and last day of production is Dec 31st 2023.  However this is where it gets weird a manufacture can build a 2023 in 2021 but can't sell it until Jan 1, 2022.