Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

19 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I’m asking for a source since that’s the default response when a forum member has an opinion that doesn’t meet the narrative or opinion of a certain moderator.   The fact of the matter is, the current defective top was likely quite simple to produce, especially since there was no concern from a quality control perspective.  I’m  certain the new top will require more funds and resources (people) which will result in a top that is not “easier” to produce.  The new top should be perfect from a functional and aesthetic standpoint.  Customers with Broncos sitting in a holding lot for 4-5 months should be satisfied with the quality of the new top.  

Why?  You don’t believe anything that anybody says that doesn’t fit your cynical view.  

You must be a disgruntled Ford supplier since all you do is blame Ford and make excuses for everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why?  You don’t believe anything that anybody says that doesn’t fit your cynical view.  

You must be a disgruntled Ford supplier since all you do is blame Ford and make excuses for everyone else.

Cynical…lol.   Sorry to spoil your perception, I have never worked in a factory/office for any auto manufacturer or supplier.  Good try though.  I’m not blaming Ford, I’m holding them responsible for a defective component for a vehicle that they manufacture (as stated in one of my posts which you removed).  You may not agree, and that’s ok.  That doesn’t mean you need to continue to argue your point with analogies and so forth that have no impact on the result of the issue at hand (example:  jeep, home construction haha).  It’s almost like you are hoping everyone agrees with you.  Some

do, some don’t.  For the record, I’m a Ford/Lincoln customer and I buy Ford/Lincoln vehicles.  I have supplied Ford/Lincoln with thousands of dollars in profit during the past 30+ Years.   I am entitled to my opinion/view as as a customer.  I am not required to follow your lead just because you are a moderator on a  forum and have a different opinion.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Cynical…lol.   Sorry to spoil your perception, I have never worked in a factory/office for any auto manufacturer or supplier.  Good try though.  I’m not blaming Ford, I’m holding them responsible for a defective component for a vehicle that they manufacture (as stated in one of my posts which you removed).  You may not agree, and that’s ok.  That doesn’t mean you need to continue to argue your point with analogies and so forth that have no impact on the result of the issue at hand (example:  jeep, home construction haha).  It’s almost like you are hoping everyone agrees with you.  Some

do, some don’t.  For the record, I’m a Ford/Lincoln customer and I buy Ford/Lincoln vehicles.  I have supplied Ford/Lincoln with thousands of dollars in profit during the past 30+ Years.   I am entitled to my opinion/view as as a customer.  I am not required to follow your lead just because you are a moderator on a  forum and have a different opinion.  

Ford has taken responsibility for the Bronco roof issues and doing everything possible to resolve the issue and is compensating customers for the continued delays required. The subject has been discussed countless times and really needs no further discussion which is just furthering what's turned into a "pissing match" in my opinion. Further arguing is just plainly unproductive and likely to soon provoke a more direct and unwelcome response. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Ford has taken responsibility for the Bronco roof issues and doing everything possible to resolve the issue and is compensating customers for the continued delays required. The subject has been discussed countless times and really needs no further discussion which is just furthering what's turned into a "pissing match" in my opinion. Further arguing is just plainly unproductive and likely to soon provoke a more direct and unwelcome response. 

What a nice way of saying "stop the bullshit or else!"  :)

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Why do you people automatically equate REASONS to EXCUSES??  

Are you seriously saying the Bronco launch was no more complicated than Ranger or Bronco Sport?    Seriously?

That doesn’t excuse the roof issue but every new thing is a potential screw up and Bronco has dozens of them compared to just a few for most other vehicles, even brand new ones like Bronco Sport and Maverick.

If you try to launch 25 new things all at the same time and you get 23 right, that’s not bad.  Now the roof issue and the customer impact was terrible but to ignore all the things they managed to get right just isn’t fair.

The lesson here is they tried to do too much at launch and overpromised and underdelivered.  The top design was too ambitious and the timeline was too short.  In hindsight they should have just delayed the hardtop until it was proven.

Stop calling us cheerleaders when we’re just being objective.

Hysterical much? "You people"? And please, quote the wording from my post in which I called someone a "cheerleader"?

After you calm down and realize I didn't write such a thing, you can reread my post, with which you agreed when you wrote "The lesson here is they tried to do too much at launch and overpromised and underdelivered.  The top design was too ambitious and the timeline was too short.  In hindsight they should have just delayed the hardtop until it was proven."

And sorry, I can guarantee you that the majority of the buyers with orders in hand that are facing yet another delay aren't happy, that this does look bad in the media, and as I wrote, "Perhaps it's a tempest in a teapot". 

You are the one who isn't being objective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Not disagreeing with your statement.  I also stated that Ford has taken responsibility in another post that was removed by @akirby.  I’m a Bronco order holder and am well aware of the situation.  You should be directing your posts at your fellow moderator, not me.  

• Like 1

TFL out with a new video this morning and they are sporting a new soft top from Bestop.  It doesn't look like it is on their website yet, but the top looked pretty cool, had a screen when you folded the canvas back.  Bestop is located near TFL's headquarters so I would bet they got an early production or test unit to use.  I think it looks pretty good.

• Like 1

I have a question for those in the know.

I got scheduled (!) for the week of August 30th. When they announced the prep kit for hard top comes with soft tops starting in September, I switched. And it worked.

However, a lot of us who did so got scheduled for a week that starts in August but becomes September that Wednesday. So will all builds that week get the hard top prep kit or just the ones built on W-F? Would they make a change like that mid-week?

Thanks!

Edited by Buckin'

Interestingly enough, today I saw a 2 door (I think Badlands, only got a quick look) with the painted black MOD top drive by the restaurant I was having lunch at.  It looked good!  It had a Michigan plate, thought it was interesting to see down here in south Florida.

Sat in a Badlands 4 door while completing my purchase of my Edge ST last week. Wider and longer than I thought. Wasn't sure if it was a Hard or soft top, Was paying more attention to the other things. The Flag on the gearshift is a very nice touch. The Bronco looked amazing.

10 hours ago, Hugh said:

Sat in a Badlands 4 door while completing my purchase of my Edge ST last week. Wider and longer than I thought. Wasn't sure if it was a Hard or soft top, Was paying more attention to the other things. The Flag on the gearshift is a very nice touch. The Bronco looked amazing.

I guess about 100 Ford dealerships have signed up to create a stand alone Bronco showroom. In return they get promised greater allocation of Bronco vehicles. So sounds like most major markets will have at least one Ford dealership with a stand alone Bronco facility. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I guess about 100 Ford dealerships have signed up to create a stand alone Bronco showroom. In return they get promised greater allocation of Bronco vehicles. So sounds like most major markets will have at least one Ford dealership with a stand alone Bronco facility. 

Which means there's going to be at least 6 in metro Detroit 

55 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

strange move given the first two years are already sold out...although maybe it will effect the Warthog...

52 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Which means there's going to be at least 6 in metro Detroit 

Don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if Apopka Mullinax Ford isn't planning one as they have a huge built up Mound of dirt facing the street with Raptor on top. Ford is also showing a Surfer Bronco concept that would be popular up and down the Atlantic Coast of FL. Can see them driving up and down Daytona Beach. 

18 hours ago, Deanh said:

Which can also be bought over any run of the mill parts counter......heck...one can just hget on the Internet to browse and order from any Ford store...

It's about the experience haha.

I still liked the idea some here had of making them a bar/hangout spot as well as accessories sales.

My local Dealer called me today and said they just got a  4 Door Bronco Base in.  Went to check it out.  It was a Bronco Base 4 Door in Magnetic with a Soft Top. The only two options were the Sasquatch Package and the 2.7 Ecooboost.  It was also a Retail order.  Man it was sweet!!! Really impressed with the Sasquatch Package looks/additional features and the interior was very nice. Not sure what I was expecting, but it was not as big as I thought it was going to be after seeing many people online commenting how big they were.  Sized perfectly if you ask me.  

When I ordered my Bronco (Big Bend 2 door), I was interested in the Sasquatch Package, but decided that it would not be worth the cost. Also I have been underwhelmed by the looks of the Non-Sasquatch Broncos I have seen on youtube and in actual pictures. I am not in a hurry to get one, but mine is scheduled, having been delayed several times, but will still be here before the end of the year.  I talked it over with my wife, and we agreed that we want a Sasquatch Bronco.  I spoke with my Dealer and they said it would be no problem for them to put mine on the lot for sale.  I have reserved another, and will be ordering the Sasquatch when I get the first chance. Not sure how long it will be before I see this one, but it will be worth the wait! :)

• Like 1

ok...getting calls from Customers that are being advised to delete the Hardtop in order to speed up their delivery...idiots....I tried and it takes a LOADED Wildtrak and downgrades it to a lower line 312A  Outerbanks package, no Sasquatch, no Highline package...NOTHING.....! seriously!….brick wall meet my forehead....needless to say my guy decided to be patient....

Edited by Deanh
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Deanh said:

ok...getting calls from Customers that are being advised to delete the Hardtop in order to speed up their delivery...idiots....I tried and it takes a LOADED Wildtrak and downgrades it to a lower line 312A  Outerbanks package, no Sasquatch, no Highline package...NOTHING.....! seriously!….brick wall meet my forehead....needless to say my guy decided to be patient....

I was surprised to see the Retail Base Sasquatch show up at my dealer today.  I thought the Sasquatch packages were only being built for Mannequins and First Editions...

Edited by danglin

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

What is that saying? A fool and his money are soon parted? People have zero patients 

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

Apparently Wildtraks will be soft top standard for '22 now, according to BN.

My guess is they're doing that next year to get the trim out there and help alleviate more MIC roof issues (or lessen the number they need), and in '23 when they get the MOD top going with the new supplier, they'll make it standard again.

13 hours ago, Deanh said:

Yet another mistake - making the hardtop standard on some models.

I wonder if the 2 door not having a soft top option made them push ahead with hardtops rather than just making hardtops late availability and giving them time to sort out the problems?

How many buyers would be upset if they only launched with soft tops and allowed buyers to add the hard top later?