Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yet another mistake - making the hardtop standard on some models.

I wonder if the 2 door not having a soft top option made them push ahead with hardtops rather than just making hardtops late availability and giving them time to sort out the problems?

How many buyers would be upset if they only launched with soft tops and allowed buyers to add the hard top later?

I actually think it’s one of the smart things they did, except they couldn’t pull it off with their crappy roofs. I’m sure most jeeps and Broncos are ordered as hard tops so it just makes sense.

I think Ford should have made hard tops standard on every model and increase  msrp to cover the cost. For anyone who wants a soft top, charge them extra. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I actually think it’s one of the smart things they did, except they couldn’t pull it off with their crappy roofs. I’m sure most jeeps and Broncos are ordered as hard tops so it just makes sense.

I think Ford should have made hard tops standard on every model and increase  msrp to cover the cost. For anyone who wants a soft top, charge them extra. 

absolutely agree, I scratch my head regarding the soft top...to me its a big why? its flat out NOISY! I know if I want the open air experience Ill get a Bimini top...so  the ONLY reason I see is maybe security?...

Edited by Deanh

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Yes, if they knew the hardtops were viable and ready in time.

I assume people like soft tops because they want it completely open a lot and they don’t want to have to store the hard top when not in use.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I posted this notice from Ford earlier this morning in the 2022 Bronco Product Information forum.

2022 Model Year Bronco Content Announcement

2022MY Bronco Content Announcement_2021-08-20.jpg

Poor wording - that makes it sound like soft tops are not standard, but rather an option to "downgrade" to it.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Yet another mistake - making the hardtop standard on some models.

I wonder if the 2 door not having a soft top option made them push ahead with hardtops rather than just making hardtops late availability and giving them time to sort out the problems?

How many buyers would be upset if they only launched with soft tops and allowed buyers to add the hard top later?

I don't think it's a mistake to have hardtop standard on some models.  But once the issues started appearing, yeah.

Well first - I'll say at least at 6g, they'll be upset over anything it seems.  Ford doesn't give details - complaints about not sharing enough; Ford gives details - more complaints about sharing too much/not liking the approach.

I think buyers might like the option of getting their vehicle sooner, but would also be upset at the price of the hardtop down the road vs. getting it from the factory - I'm expecting it to be at least 2-3k because of shipping, likely more for a painted one (parts usually come unpainted).  That's a reason I don't plan on changing my order even if it meant getting it sooner - sure purchase price might reduce some, but I don't want that hit down the road for a hardtop "sometime".  If Ford would guarantee it at factory pricing whenever they're available, maybe.  But they're not going to eat the shipping cost for that many tops.

30 minutes ago, Deanh said:

absolutely agree, I scratch my head regarding the soft top...to me its a big why? its flat out NOISY! I know if I want the open air experience Ill get a Bimini top...so  the ONLY reason I see is maybe security?...

Yeah, I drove a soft top - it was ok.  But wouldn't want it long term.  It was noisy as you said.

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes, if they knew the hardtops were viable and ready in time.

I assume people like soft tops because they want it completely open a lot and they don’t want to have to store the hard top when not in use.

I get it.  Though the vast majority of Jeeps I see seem to be hardtops.

56 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Poor wording - that makes it sound like soft tops are not standard, but rather an option to "downgrade" to it.

I don't think it's a mistake to have hardtop standard on some models.  But once the issues started appearing, yeah.

Well first - I'll say at least at 6g, they'll be upset over anything it seems.  Ford doesn't give details - complaints about not sharing enough; Ford gives details - more complaints about sharing too much/not liking the approach.

I think buyers might like the option of getting their vehicle sooner, but would also be upset at the price of the hardtop down the road vs. getting it from the factory - I'm expecting it to be at least 2-3k because of shipping, likely more for a painted one (parts usually come unpainted).  That's a reason I don't plan on changing my order even if it meant getting it sooner - sure purchase price might reduce some, but I don't want that hit down the road for a hardtop "sometime".  If Ford would guarantee it at factory pricing whenever they're available, maybe.  But they're not going to eat the shipping cost for that many tops.

Yeah, I drove a soft top - it was ok.  But wouldn't want it long term.  It was noisy as you said.

I get it.  Though the vast majority of Jeeps I see seem to be hardtops.

I think Ford should offer the hardtop at cost delivered to the dealer and installed for free or at least provide a voucher to reduce the cost.

Around here 2 door Jeep’s are almost 100% soft top and 4 doors are about 75% hard tops.

18 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think Ford should offer the hardtop at cost delivered to the dealer and installed for free or at least provide a voucher to reduce the cost.

Around here 2 door Jeep’s are almost 100% soft top and 4 doors are about 75% hard tops.

Hey, I agree with you on the hardtop shipping.  I could live with the soft top for a while with a hardtop later - I don't even need it installed, could figure that part out.  But they're clearly not going to take that route.  

https://thebronconation.com/ford-bronco-capable-bumper-joins-options-for-2022/

Per Bronco Nation, as expected, the powder coated steel "Capable" bumper arrives for '22.  It reportedly becomes the standard bumper for Black Diamond and Badlands, with modular becoming optional on them.  Capable is optional on most (all?) trims.

The capable one was my favorite looks wise of the reveal ones, but obviously got pushed to '22.  I didn't want the plastic bumper, so upgraded to the HD modular one, but lost fog lights (and more importantly the integrated switch) in the process.  I'll likely change my order to the capable bumper when I can.

I wish they'd make the steel rear bumper optional across the board too - hate the look of the standard plastic one, and haven't liked any aftermarket ones thus far.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

https://thebronconation.com/ford-bronco-capable-bumper-joins-options-for-2022/

Per Bronco Nation, as expected, the powder coated steel "Capable" bumper arrives for '22.  It reportedly becomes the standard bumper for Black Diamond and Badlands, with modular becoming optional on them.  Capable is optional on most (all?) trims.

The capable one was my favorite looks wise of the reveal ones, but obviously got pushed to '22.  I didn't want the plastic bumper, so upgraded to the HD modular one, but lost fog lights (and more importantly the integrated switch) in the process.  I'll likely change my order to the capable bumper when I can.

I wish they'd make the steel rear bumper optional across the board too - hate the look of the standard plastic one, and haven't liked any aftermarket ones thus far.

6g shows that the capable bumper is also modular. Wonder how that works? I wish they could have worked in the front license plate a bit better with this bumper.

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

6g shows that the capable bumper is also modular. Wonder how that works? I wish they could have worked in the front license plate a bit better with this bumper.

Yeah, I don't quite understand that either - it claims it has removable ends, but I can't see how.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

anyone want to bet not much changes?...sigh.....Ford is afraid of its own shadow when  it comes to color palettes...barring on Halos...

After all the delays, they should just keep the '21 colors, and add green + others?  Last thing they need to do is piss people off by dropping their color after they couldn't put the product out.

We know we're getting a green.  "Yellowstone" was rumored (I wouldn't be surprised to see it replace Cyber Orange).

Someone decoded some '22 stuff, and Area 51 and Rapid Red, and of course Lightning Blue all weren't there.  The green plus Hot Chili Pepper Red or whatever its called was there.  But we shall see shortly.

Per Bronco Nation, Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red, and Lightning Blue are gone.  Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red are added.  The rest remain the same, as well as Cyber Orange being an option on base and Big Bend.

https://thebronconation.com/ford-bronco-releases-two-new-hues-for-22/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_id=FORD+BRONCO+RELEASES+TWO+NEW+HUES+FOR+22&utm_content=profile%2C+tweet&fbclid=IwAR05hdl3Xg9J6o5dxpCGi_QjHB90TK_Bqld6jjgSEyh1XcmqieA1qoB9d4k

INFORMATION
New 2022 Model Year Bronco Content Announcement - Exterior Colors, Roof Options, Bumper Options

ACTION REQUESTED

• Review below Bronco Content Update effective for 2022 Model Year
  • Work with customers wanting to make updates to their order when the 2022MY order back opens

SUMMARY
We are excited to announce several content changes effective for 2022 Model Year Production. Look out for more information in the coming weeks!

2022MY Color Changes

• New Colors for 22MY: Eruption Green, Hot Pepper Red – Available on all series
  • Retired Colors after 21MY scheduled Closing: Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic, Rapid Red Metallic
  • Expanded Color Availability: Cyber Orange will be available on all series, adding Base & Big Bend for 2022MY offerings

Wildtrak Roof Options
We’ve been listening to your feedback and are excited to announce that effective with 22MY production, customers will have the option to order a soft top roof with the 4-door Wildtrak series.

Adding the soft top as an option for 4-door 2022 Wildtrak orders will help these customers get their order quicker.

We are unable to offer customers the option to switch their Wildtrak orders to soft tops for 21MY because of the complexity involved in changing standard equipment mid-model year.

Bumper Options

• New for 22MY: Capable Bumper (powder-coated steel)
    • Standard for 22MY Black Diamond and Badland orders
  • Updated for 22MY: Modular Front Bumper becomes an option on all series

ORDERING
Customers interested in switching their Wildtrak order to a soft top for 2022 model year production are able to do so when the 2022MY order bank opens. We will have more information around the process and timing in the coming weeks.

Also posted in 2022 Bronco Product Information. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ranger was for 2019 but that was replaced for 2020/21. I think maybe Escape currently has it but I can't remember for sure. 

One would have to wonder if it returns to Ranger for '22 too?  I'd imagine it'll largely share the paint palette, no?

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

IMO the Green looks too dark with the MIC top...looks better with the white photoshopped tops I've seen. 

Yeah, I wish it were a tad lighter in shady conditions - I like it in full sunlight, but it's a bit dark for me if not.  I also agree, it doesn't look right with MIC to me.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:05 PM, rmc523 said:

Yeah, I don't quite understand that either - it claims it has removable ends, but I can't see how.

After all the delays, they should just keep the '21 colors, and add green + others?  Last thing they need to do is piss people off by dropping their color after they couldn't put the product out.

We know we're getting a green.  "Yellowstone" was rumored (I wouldn't be surprised to see it replace Cyber Orange).

Someone decoded some '22 stuff, and Area 51 and Rapid Red, and of course Lightning Blue all weren't there.  The green plus Hot Chili Pepper Red or whatever its called was there.  But we shall see shortly.

Ford giveth and Ford taketh away. Ditto for GM. Been that way for decades. Ford even taketh away in middle of MY. I ordered a 2020 Escape in Sedona Orange and was told a week later that Ford taketh away.