Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

23 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

News today from Automotive News that "the Bronco truck" has been canceled. 

It should be clarified that one truck project under development did in fact get the axe. There are still moves afoot to expand the Bronco brand. 

Was it going after the gladiator or was it something different?

3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

News today from Automotive News that "the Bronco truck" has been canceled. 

It should be clarified that one truck project under development did in fact get the axe. There are still moves afoot to expand the Bronco brand. 

This guy....I love this guy.  I love all your info here and at 6G.  Thanks for your hard work...keeps everything in perspective. 

Now just get them to build my MIC 2021 that I have a VIN for... lol.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JTL2017 said:

Was it going after the gladiator or was it something different?

From what I know, this particular project was more aligned with the final generation Sport Trac.... with some, um, interesting roof packaging options. 

I was excited about it, but they likely had customer data that sent them in a different direction. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

From what I know, this particular project was more aligned with the final generation Sport Trac.... with some, um, interesting roof packaging options. 

I was excited about it, but they likely had customer data that sent them in a different direction. 

Interesting. I thought a bronco truck with T tops instead of a fully removable roof would have been cool.

3 hours ago, Broncofan7 said:

Well, after the disappointing news about the pickup truck (reconsider that one Ford!), here's a conversation about Bronco's potential in other segments:

Upscale Ford Bronco With Fixed Roof Might Happen (motor1.com)

Interesting comments made about potentially trying to compete with the defender. If they were going to go that route, I'd expect they'd go all in, with a 3rd bronco model within the bronco sub-brand that had distinct, but more modern styling and independent suspension all around. I don't see them doing a fixed roof, a few leather trim pieces and then trying to go after the defender with that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Interesting comments made about potentially trying to compete with the defender. If they were going to go that route, I'd expect they'd go all in, with a 3rd bronco model within the bronco sub-brand that had distinct, but more modern styling and independent suspension all around. I don't see them doing a fixed roof, a few leather trim pieces and then trying to go after the defender with that. 

I’m not convinced that Ford is looking at competing directly with Defender, I think the plan is to give

T6 Bronco as much leverage as possible and see where that leads sales. BEVs are coming, so maybe

using GE2 BEV platform for a slightly larger Bronco is the ultimate plan?

On 8/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, jasonj80 said:

My problem is that I have 3 weeks before I don’t have a vehicle. Friend moving to AZ is buying my truck and is using it to tow his uhaul when he moves then as his base as his desert fun car. All was going well until I ended up in jail. 

I have two weeks before I don't have a vehicle.  Original car order in jail! Just put a deposit on another BS that supposedly shipped this month.  I can't go without a car until 11/3/21. 

16 hours ago, akirby said:

Isn’t that called Everest?

No. There used to be a segment called 'gentleman rancher' at which certain products were targeted. I have no idea if such a segment exists today (and if it does what it would be called), but perhaps the concept remains strong enough that Ford are exploring (no pun intended) it.

4 hours ago, Lori.RI said:

I have two weeks before I don't have a vehicle.  Original car order in jail! Just put a deposit on another BS that supposedly shipped this month.  I can't go without a car until 11/3/21. 

I’m on the hunt for a f150 Hybrid. I really understand what people complain about with Ford dealers. I’ve never really had problems around metro Detroit, yeah some might not be super responsive but nothing like I’ve seen in the past 4 days from dealers in Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. The games they play is unreal, even my dealer said it’s virtually impossible to trade So I’ve been calling around trying to locate one. 

I’m just asking 2 pretty basic questions you’d think could get a response pretty fast. 

1. Do you have this vehicle(stock #) on your lot.

2. Will you accept a/z plan price on this vehicle. 

you’d think I could get just a straight answer but I either don’t get an answer or they just won’t answer the question. The one dealer in Columbus, Ohio wanted me come in to see if the vehicle was there and workout a price and couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t do that. They also kept calling when I said to email or text as I was in meetings all day.  

20 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

I agree with this. I think if Ford makes the calculation that a Bronco brand has longevity, they will go full in on it. Though I am unsure of the independent suspension specifically, I could see the possibility of it happening. Perhaps it could go on an Expedition/Navigator platform if IRS, not counting capacity issues.

Edited by Broncofan7

20 hours ago, akirby said:

Isn’t that called Everest?

Everest doesn't and will not look like Bronco. If Ford thinks Bronco with fixed roof is going to compete with Defender, then the Everest is competing with Discovery (and Explorer with Range Rover Sport)

19 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I’m on the hunt for a f150 Hybrid. I really understand what people complain about with Ford dealers. I’ve never really had problems around metro Detroit, yeah some might not be super responsive but nothing like I’ve seen in the past 4 days from dealers in Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. The games they play is unreal, even my dealer said it’s virtually impossible to trade So I’ve been calling around trying to locate one. 

I’m just asking 2 pretty basic questions you’d think could get a response pretty fast. 

1. Do you have this vehicle(stock #) on your lot.

2. Will you accept a/z plan price on this vehicle. 

you’d think I could get just a straight answer but I either don’t get an answer or they just won’t answer the question. The one dealer in Columbus, Ohio wanted me come in to see if the vehicle was there and workout a price and couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t do that. They also kept calling when I said to email or text as I was in meetings all day.  

When customers start searching for vehicles online and find what they're looking for, Dealers having that vehicle are very reluctant to either trade it to another dealership or agree to Plan pricing when they don't have to. Unfortunately, with the limited inventory available in stock, far too many dealerships are playing games with customers in an attempt to gain sales. These short-sighted attempts to sell vehicles can only hurt them long term. Just give customers straight answers and abide by their contact preferences and you'll earn their respect even if you don't get the initial sale.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

When customers start searching for vehicles online and find what they're looking for, Dealers having that vehicle are very reluctant to either trade it to another dealership or agree to Plan pricing when they don't have to. Unfortunately, with the limited inventory available in stock, far too many dealerships are playing games with customers in an attempt to gain sales. These short-sighted attempts to sell vehicles can only hurt them long term. Just give customers straight answers and abide by their contact preferences and you'll earn their respect even if you don't get the initial sale.  

I agree, I don't really care if you won't sell it to me at that price or you don't have it. Just be honest and up front with it! 

I know there is a shortage of vehicles, they are in a business to make money as is every business and that is great for the free market. 

Also what I'm finding on the later F-150 Power boost production is that Start/Stop is deleted. Isn't that like the whole point of the hybrid is to have the engine shut off when you're moving at low speed/coasting/idle/stopped? Every other engine I can understand doing this but other than the power aspect of the Hybrid you've lost all the benefit. 

44 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Dealer adjustments are the worst. Here in Central FL many dealers add thousands of dollars in dealer adjustments even before covid hit. Ford dealers don't seem to do it much except for specialty vehicle models like Shelby and so on. Asian make dealers in my experience do it a lot. 

6 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Also what I'm finding on the later F-150 Power boost production is that Start/Stop is deleted. Isn't that like the whole point of the hybrid is to have the engine shut off when you're moving at low speed/coasting/idle/stopped? Every other engine I can understand doing this but other than the power aspect of the Hybrid you've lost all the benefit. 

I'm not sure why there would be a start/stop on a Powerboost F-150.

I know on my OG Fusion Hybrid the ICE doesn't even start when you turn the ignition switch and the ICE kicks in over 20 MPH or so or if the car is "idling" for a while.

I know the transmission setup is different (I-CVT vs Automatic Transmission)

also:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?countryCode=USA&languageCode=EN&Uid=G2153302&ProcUid=G2139933&div=f&variantid=7320&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm not sure why there would be a start/stop on a Powerboost F-150.

I know on my OG Fusion Hybrid the ICE doesn't even start when you turn the ignition switch and the ICE kicks in over 20 MPH or so or if the car is "idling" for a while.

I know the transmission setup is different (I-CVT vs Automatic Transmission)

also:

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?countryCode=USA&languageCode=EN&Uid=G2153302&ProcUid=G2139933&div=f&variantid=7320&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=USA

I would assume that stop/start would be to turn the engine off when it’s not needed like on a regular hybrid. That’s why it seems odd they would eliminate that feature on a hybrid the engine just runs all the time?

CxC4wcBQOatv6xcK2Isj7DQv4fOk3JaBe7Z9c%2B

Edited by jasonj80

8 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I would assume that stop/start would be to turn the engine off when it’s not needed like on a regular hybrid. That’s why it seems odd they would eliminate that feature on a hybrid the engine just runs all the time?

It’s odd that it would be a separate feature since it’s built into the hybrid powertrain.

8 hours ago, akirby said:

It’s odd that it would be a separate feature since it’s built into the hybrid powertrain.

Right, I think it might have been a typo or something he saw?

No mention of stop start on the Power Boost engine on the Order Guide either

Capture.PNG.2f58c786e1ae7d6baeb0269d98ae0983.PNG

Edited by silvrsvt

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Right, I think it might have been a typo or something he saw?

No mention of stop start on the Power Boost engine on the Order Guide either

Capture.PNG.2f58c786e1ae7d6baeb0269d98ae0983.PNG

2021 Ford F-150 LARIAT

If you click on the window sticker it will show Auto Start - Stop removal  No Charge.

Maybe it just runs the engine at idle speed then when you're on electric motor?

I think I might have found one to replace my Bronco Order, sales person said they would sell it A/Z Plan and was checking on it as it just got delivered. (Not this one, it has the Start/Stop feature)

Edited by jasonj80

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Since they added the auto stop start delete unexpectedly maybe they just forgot to exclude the Powerboost from that option.  Doesn’t make sense that it would use the same module as the nonhybrids.

I think you might be right, it looks like the Stop/Start removal started in Mid August. I saw other earlier build dates with the Powerboost and Stop/start isn't even listed at all on the sticker. 

This one has a build/blend date of 8/23 and stop start listed

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=d0yxDWAyMSZe%2Fj%2F9upVjQBNHKpnciiuUb%2BgVgoyx5WwV7nfQCgtLZggLijvZNRN5qm9N4t1FQxmR3d8%2BLBUy%2Fb3EqouRPnZqb2iYC4AEXd8JTXLR3mTdTWqIn21RfPLS1Tu0jsRo0u8jUf%2BAzNUeU%2Fe0%2FYPgd%2FmJzuaVke%2FsQv0%3D

Here is one with a build/blend date of 8/9 no stop start

https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=PIUt6uBs6RY9yvE2oGh8AMrjX9Az%2FPtYizCxj75ANguoOuoJkPAs8AgJug0sWucWpsmNNWBG8y5qTr26WXuaySpwkO61JwJ8h74VsensqMmQxGrdkTqx%2F7gFDFIdA%2FCB2rct5Xpa4Ui8ZIz1zvHFZF6zmUax3s30gfJpyNpyvQ0%3D

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

So my rig learned a new trick. ??‍♂️

This has happened a couple times now. No screen functionality at all and you have to start/stop cycle it a 2 or 3 times to get it to come back. 

Screenshot_20210830-193747_Gallery.jpg

That is not good, did they push an OTA update recently? I pickup my F150 tomorrow so I’m officially out of the Bronco world for a few years.