Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

So my rig learned a new trick. ??‍♂️

This has happened a couple times now. No screen functionality at all and you have to start/stop cycle it a 2 or 3 times to get it to come back. 

That sucks.  Have you tried a hard-reset on the screen?  I have to do that in my F350 about once every 10 times I drive it due to it not picking up CarPlay.  On mine, you hold the power and >| buttons down simultaneously for a few seconds until the screen goes black.  I've had to do this for a GPS screwup a couple times too.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:09 PM, jasonj80 said:

I really understand what people complain about with Ford dealers. I’ve never really had problems around metro Detroit, yeah some might not be super responsive but nothing like I’ve seen in the past 4 days from dealers in Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. The games they play is unreal, even my dealer said it’s virtually impossible to trade So I’ve been calling around trying to locate one. 

I’m just asking 2 pretty basic questions you’d think could get a response pretty fast. 

1. Do you have this vehicle(stock #) on your lot.

2. Will you accept a/z plan price on this vehicle. 

you’d think I could get just a straight answer but I either don’t get an answer or they just won’t answer the question. The one dealer in Columbus, Ohio wanted me come in to see if the vehicle was there and workout a price and couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t do that. They also kept calling when I said to email or text as I was in meetings all day.  

That's very unfortunate jasonj80 sir. Car and Driver wrote about the response from Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, Michigan, when they inquired about new Bronco. Ford Isn't Taking Bronco Reservations Anymore, for Now (caranddriver.com)

"We contacted our local dealership, Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Brian House, a Varsity sales manager, said the dealership is telling customers they'll have to wait six months or for the 2023 model year, depending on what Bronco configuration they choose. But House said lots of customers are already calling Varsity Ford and trying to switch their build to speed up the process. Unfortunately, there's nothing coming in. Every Bronco Varsity has received has gone straight to the customer who ordered it, according to House."

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 11:13 AM, FordBuyer said:

Dealer adjustments are the worst. Here in Central FL many dealers add thousands of dollars in dealer adjustments even before covid hit. Ford dealers don't seem to do it much except for specialty vehicle models like Shelby and so on. Asian make dealers in my experience do it a lot. 

what do you think of actual owners on E Bay flipping the units for 50k over?.....this is absolutely typical of when a hard to get vehicle is first released...

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2021 at 10:09 AM, jasonj80 said:

I’m on the hunt for a f150 Hybrid. I really understand what people complain about with Ford dealers. I’ve never really had problems around metro Detroit, yeah some might not be super responsive but nothing like I’ve seen in the past 4 days from dealers in Ohio/Indiana/Illinois. The games they play is unreal, even my dealer said it’s virtually impossible to trade So I’ve been calling around trying to locate one. 

I’m just asking 2 pretty basic questions you’d think could get a response pretty fast. 

1. Do you have this vehicle(stock #) on your lot.

2. Will you accept a/z plan price on this vehicle. 

you’d think I could get just a straight answer but I either don’t get an answer or they just won’t answer the question. The one dealer in Columbus, Ohio wanted me come in to see if the vehicle was there and workout a price and couldn’t understand why I wouldn’t do that. They also kept calling when I said to email or text as I was in meetings all day.  

trades are NOT happening right now, and haven't been for some time, its a direct consequence of complete lack of availability and fast turn around time. We are getting e-mails from local "locate " companys offering us $3000 over MSRP for certain units …the funniest one was one that had a GT500 they could get and were literally asking dealers to bid!!!! As far as I know we are one of the few dealers not marking units up and honoring A plan pricing...we have taken a large jump in regional standings, and Id say because of that...a dealer not 10 ,miles away is 5k over MSRP  on Rangers alone!...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

what do you think of actual owners on E Bay flipping the units for 50k over?.....this is absolutely typical of when a hard to get vehicle is first released...

Part of me is tempted to just take delivery of Jail bound Bronco when ever it is released and do exactly that.

Question is going to be in 6 months after I take delivery will I be able to sell it for the Z-plan price plus the tax I paid on it. 

9 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Part of me is tempted to just take delivery of Jail bound Bronco when ever it is released and do exactly that.

Question is going to be in 6 months after I take delivery will I be able to sell it for the Z-plan price plus the tax I paid on it. 

I’d say you could easily get an additional $5k if not more.

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

The remaining 2021s probably aren't going to keep their value well when 2022s, painted tops, and special editions like the Warthog/Raptor start showing up. 

15 hours ago, Donaldo said:

The remaining 2021s probably aren't going to keep their value well when 2022s, painted tops, and special editions like the Warthog/Raptor start showing up. 

The flip side is demand is still going to far outstrip supply as because the chip and component shortages are actually getting worse not better now. It is just is anyone going to want a 2021 with the known issues; However most people don't know about them so it might be okay then.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

Oh man that sucks.  I guess we know why Ford didn’t want to ship any more hardtops.

What is worse is all those Broncos sitting in fields now with wet interiors and no one to dry and air them out. 

8 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

What is worse is all those Broncos sitting in fields now with wet interiors and no one to dry and air them out. 

I’ve mentioned this countless times.  It’s common knowledge that those Broncos will incur damage from water intrusion.  Thankfully my Bronco orders have not been built and likely won’t be until 2022. 

9 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

They *really* didn't think the leaking issue was common. At all. When I asked my guy in project engineering about it he was confident that "nearly 100%" of leaking complaints were due to mis-installation of the panels by the customer. 

Interestingly, last night was far from the heaviest rain we've had since I took delivery. BUT it's been the longest stretch of time spent without the roof off. I don't think I've had any panels off for close to 2 weeks as it's been SO hot and now rainy. So if the leak issue happens after longer periods of roof stagnancy, those Dirt Mountain builds could definitely have moisture problems. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Pay attention.  There were reports of water intrusion prior to Ford releasing a statement regarding “cosmetic issues”. Not my problem that you refuse to believe this. 

Pay attention.

25 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

They *really* didn't think the leaking issue was common. At all. When I asked my guy in project engineering about it he was confident that "nearly 100%" of leaking complaints were due to mis-installation of the panels by the customer. 

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Pay attention.

My sources do not rely on “thinking” there is a water intrusion issue.  Actual Bronco owners have experienced water intrusion prior to Ford’s statement regarding the tops and have provided photo evidence.  Apparently the water channel/drain becomes overwhelmed which results in leakage.   This appears to be a design issue.  Ford should’ve taken the initiative to understand the water intrusion issue long before 1000’s of Broncos were sitting in the rot lot. 

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Ford should’ve taken the initiative to understand the water intrusion issue long before 1000’s of Broncos were sitting in the rot lot. 

No disagreement there as we’ve already pointed out.  That doesn’t negate the initial reports that indicated cosmetic issues even if they turned out to be wrong.

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Ford should’ve taken the initiative to understand the water intrusion issue long before 1000’s of Broncos were sitting in the rot lot. 

No disagreement there as we’ve already pointed out.  That doesn’t negate the initial reports that indicated cosmetic issues even if they turned out to be wrong.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

So 2 wrongs make a right.  Got it.  My intention is to seek the truth, not dwell on what has been fed to me by Ford (or other “trusted” sources).  Truth is, this never was “just” a cosmetic issue regardless of what you choose to believe.  If Ford or others are that naive to ignore evidence of water intrusion prior releasing a statement, that’s on them.  

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

So 2 wrongs make a right.  Got it.  My intention is to seek the truth, not dwell on what has been fed to me by Ford (or other “trusted” sources).  Truth is, this never was “just” a cosmetic issue regardless of what you choose to believe.  If Ford or others are that naive to ignore evidence of water intrusion prior releasing a statement, that’s on them. 

Why can’t you understand the difference between what we know NOW vs what we knew when this started?

Ross explained that Ford believed the early reports of water intrusion were due to user error.  It turns out they were wrong but that’s what they believed at the time.  They were wrong, they figured it out and they changed the design.

Nobody is disputing anything you’ve said now that we have more information.  But you continue to argue and attack.  Let it go or take a vacation.

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Why can’t you understand the difference between what we know NOW vs what we knew when this started?

Ross explained that Ford believed the early reports of water intrusion were due to user error.  It turns out they were wrong but that’s what they believed at the time.  They were wrong, they figured it out and they changed the design.

Nobody is disputing anything you’ve said now that we have more information.  But you continue to argue and attack.  Let it go or take a vacation.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

They were wrong, they figured it out and they changed the design.

Can anyone describe how the design of the new MIC top will prevent water intrusion?  According to current Bronco owners, it’s not the top, it’s the water drainage channel that becomes overwhelmed which leads to water intrusion.