Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

• 2 weeks later...

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-5-jpg.203336

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-3-jpg.203338

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-4-jpg.203340

Looks like I was correct about the way they integrated the rear fender flares.  While The front fenders ARE wider, but they still have to match the rears somewhat.    The issue was the interaction with the rear door, and they were not designing an entire new rear door for a single trim.  So therefore they were stuck with a wide flare design, as whatever they did had to retain the original door shape and lack of flare on the door itself.  So we got wide flare, with an attached insert on the door.  Since they're limited to that on the rear, the front follows suit (mostly) to be consistent looks wise.

49 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-5-jpg.203336

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-3-jpg.203338

2022-ford-bronco-raptor-preview-4-jpg.203340

Looks like I was correct about the way they integrated the rear fender flares.  While The front fenders ARE wider, but they still have to match the rears somewhat.    The issue was the interaction with the rear door, and they were not designing an entire new rear door for a single trim.  So therefore they were stuck with a wide flare design, as whatever they did had to retain the original door shape and lack of flare on the door itself.  So we got wide flare, with an attached insert on the door.  Since they're limited to that on the rear, the front follows suit (mostly) to be consistent looks wise.

I think I prefer the shape of the raptor fenders compared to the round fenders on the bronco. The width of the fenders looks a little goofy IMO, but that could change when the camo comes off.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRToaqwC8RxBcN1oXXRvou

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This thing is so heavily modified we won't be building it at MAP.... 

Hmm.  Well Bronco Nation mentioned around 450 hp.........which (if true and not an electrified 3.0EB) would indicate the existing 3.5EB from F-150 Raptor.......with what your saying, would that mean they're building it in Dearborn?

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm.  Well Bronco Nation mentioned around 450 hp.........which (if true and not an electrified 3.0EB) would indicate the existing 3.5EB from F-150 Raptor.......with what your saying, would that mean they're building it in Dearborn?

I think fuzz meant the Bronco DR that is being built at Multimatic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Hmm.  Well Bronco Nation mentioned around 450 hp.........which (if true and not an electrified 3.0EB) would indicate the existing 3.5EB from F-150 Raptor

I thought they said if they tune the 3.0 the same way they tuned the raptor 3.5 it should equal 450 hp.  The Raptor 3.5 is over 500 isn’t it?

26 minutes ago, akirby said:

I thought they said if they tune the 3.0 the same way they tuned the raptor 3.5 it should equal 450 hp.  The Raptor 3.5 is over 500 isn’t it?

IIRC, the post said "only 350 hp", which is only 20 more then current 2.7, but I think it was a typo. 

The 2022 Raptor is rated at only 450HP and people where expecting a bump to go along with the Raptor R V8 that is coming. 

Edited by silvrsvt

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

We are building Raptor. The Bronco DR or whatever it's called is being built by Multimatic in Canada (effectively replacing GT production if I'm not mistaken). 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think fuzz meant the Bronco DR that is being built at Multimatic. 

Ah whoops.  I forgot the context of the message he was responding to.

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

No, 450 still.

37 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

IIRC, the post said "only 350 hp", which is only 20 more then current 2.7, but I think it was a typo. 

The 2022 Raptor is rated at only 450HP and people where expecting a bump to go along with the Raptor R V8 that is coming. 

The original post did say "350" but has since been amended to say 450.

34 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

We are building Raptor. The Bronco DR or whatever it's called is being built by Multimatic in Canada (effectively replacing GT production if I'm not mistaken). 

Ah.  I didn't think it'd make much sense to build the Bronco Raptor at a different plant.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

That’s right, I misread it.  But I think at the very least Bronco Raptor will get the 400 hp 3.0l from Explorer ST and maybe the 494 hp/600 lb ft Aviator PHEV setup.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s right, I misread it.  But I think at the very least Bronco Raptor will get the 400 hp 3.0l from Explorer ST and maybe the 494 hp/600 lb ft Aviator PHEV setup.

Unless one of the vents in the fender is a door/charge port, I don't see one for a PHEV setup.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Question for anyone in the know.  My sales guy says there's currently nothing in the ordering system to wait for the MOD top for '23, which I had planned on waiting for (it was in my original order and wanted to stick with it......I'd rather wait and get what I wanted rather than settling to get it sooner.).  Months back with the initial news of MOD top's delay, Ford had sent out the information that MOD tops would be delayed until '23, so would I just have him '99 it again and wait?  He said one of the lowest priorities he had in the system was a 19.  He's going to contact his rep to find out more information, but if anyone here knew anything, it'd be appreciated.

28 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Question for anyone in the know.  My sales guy says there's currently nothing in the ordering system to wait for the MOD top for '23, which I had planned on waiting for (it was in my original order and wanted to stick with it......I'd rather wait and get what I wanted rather than settling to get it sooner.).  Months back with the initial news of MOD top's delay, Ford had sent out the information that MOD tops would be delayed until '23, so would I just have him '99 it again and wait?  He said one of the lowest priorities he had in the system was a 19.  He's going to contact his rep to find out more information, but if anyone here knew anything, it'd be appreciated.

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system won't accept any orders for the 2023MY until the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens for 2023MY. Retail order priority codes can only be 10-19 with the exception of retail orders that are re-prioritized be the Ford Regional office at either 01 or 02. All other priority codes (20-80) are for Dealer stock orders. The "99" priority code was supposedly discontinued but was designated as "Do Not Schedule".  

If your order is for a 2022MY vehicle and your best bet is to let it sit in the USOB at priority code 19, with the commodity restraint for the MOD top, until Ford provides more information or the desired top is available. Just a thought! 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system won't accept any orders for the 2023MY until the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens for 2023MY. Retail order priority codes can only be 10-19 with the exception of retail orders that are re-prioritized be the Ford Regional office at either 01 or 02. All other priority codes (20-80) are for Dealer stock orders. The "99" priority code was supposedly discontinued but was designated as "Do Not Schedule".  

If your order is for a 2022MY vehicle and your best bet is to let it sit in the USOB at priority code 19, with the commodity restraint for the MOD top, until Ford provides more information or the desired top is available. Just a thought! 

I had originally ordered a '21, but was 99'd to hold out for the "late availability" MOD top (which obviously never showed, and was subsequently announced as a '23 option).  Per our phone conversation, I think he is putting it at code 19 and talking to the rep.  I think he said it's been converted to a '22 now (I think all were?), but I don't know how you'd enter a commodity restraint if the option for the top isn't in the system?  Hopefully he'll know how to or figure out from the rep.

I know I'm not the only one with an original '21 order waiting for the MOD top, so figured it could help others too.

I definitely appreciate the insight and feedback.  I've used him and another guy for years, so I'm not doubting him, but he's not as on top of things as his coworker (who retired a couple years ago) was, so if I can feed him as much info as I can find out too that he may not know about, it's helpful for all of us.

• Like 1