Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

It is my understanding that the zone reps have the ability to place orders into “hold” status (99) as the dealers no longer have this option in WBDO.  Of course this might have changed recently.   I have a second order that is also waiting for the mod-top.  My original reservation (7/31) and order somehow got pulled this week and is scheduled to build on 1/10/2022.  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, rmc523 said:

Unless one of the vents in the fender is a door/charge port, I don't see one for a PHEV setup.

Someone posted a photo of a Bronco pretty much uncamoed except for a circle on the passenger side over rear wheel that might have been a charging port?!

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Now you have to paint your fingernails to match….

image.thumb.png.c579d400032a2588e4b373bd8bdf5dc8.png

LMAO...trying to get me to look like a Marilyn Manson impersonator?....wife is stoked with the car...that's all that matters...and I was EXTREMELY impressed with how smoothly it drives!...Thumbs up! Next up my 2dr stick shift... 

Edited by Deanh
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Deanh said:

..........and I was EXTREMELY impressed with how smoothly it drives!...Thumbs up! Next up my 2dr stick shift... 

My first two impressions on driving a Bronco Sport for the first time: 1) quick, much faster than our '012 Focus, 2). Smooth!  That balance shaft in the 1.5L engine works very well.  We've had our Bronco Sport since April.  Over 7,000 miles.  Luv it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

My first two impressions on driving a Bronco Sport for the first time: 1) quick, much faster than our '012 Focus, 2). Smooth!  That balance shaft in the 1.5L engine works very well.  We've had our Bronco Sport since April.  Over 7,000 miles.  Luv it.

this is a Badlands...had to have the 2 litre, after that...hard for me to leave anything alone.... all badges removed, White letters in front changed to black ( they removed the whole bumper! ) had tow hooks painted Red, fog lights changed and red caliper covers in front with 18 inch OZ wheels 245 tires...drives GREAT...and very quiet. Shes absolutely stoked...and I had some fun opting it out. The stereo is even above my expectations!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Deanh said:

this is a Badlands...had to have the 2 litre, after that...hard for me to leave anything alone.... all badges removed, White letters in front changed to black ( they removed the whole bumper! ) had tow hooks painted Red, fog lights changed and red caliper covers in front with 18 inch OZ wheels 245 tires...drives GREAT...and very quiet. Shes absolutely stoked...and I had some fun opting it out. The stereo is even above my expectations!

So glad to see that you got your vehicle at last and that you're so happy with it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Eh, unless that's the best camo ever or the one sticker is covering the door completely (and swings open with the door), I don't see any cut lines for a door, which you can usually make out even through camo.

Plus, I'm not sure why it'd be right over the wheel well, and not just a twin of the fuel door.

Ford is not going to punch a new hole in rear fender for charge port. For one thing, the 2 door and 4 door have different length so you are talking about 4x the tooling costs for the structural part of the body: 2 door, 2 door PHEV, 4 door, 4 door PHEV. 

The charge port will almost certainly be on a non-structural part of the body like the front fender where it can be easily added to the existing production line and used by all the different build variations. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Ford is not going to punch a new hole in rear fender for charge port. For one thing, the 2 door and 4 door have different length so you are talking about 4x the tooling costs for the structural part of the body: 2 door, 2 door PHEV, 4 door, 4 door PHEV. 

The charge port will almost certainly be on a non-structural part of the body like the front fender where it can be easily added to the existing production line and used by all the different build variations. 

The rear outer quarter panels aren't structural in any way. They’re actually fully removable, though I'm not entirely sure why you would want to other than easily replace a damaged one. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, 02MustangGT said:

It is my understanding that the zone reps have the ability to place orders into “hold” status (99) as the dealers no longer have this option in WBDO.  Of course this might have changed recently.   I have a second order that is also waiting for the mod-top.  My original reservation (7/31) and order somehow got pulled this week and is scheduled to build on 1/10/2022.  

well, turns out my order got switched to MIC when converted to a 22, and it’s in “preview” I think he said, potentially close to being selected for building, and there’s no option in the system to add the MOD top back, so I guess I’d either have to get him to hold the order or just take it with the MIC top.

Edited by rmc523

34 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

well, turns out my order got switched to MIC when converted to a 22, and it’s in “preview” I think he said, potentially close to being selected for building, and there’s no option in the system to add the MOD top back, so I guess I’d either have to get him to hold the order or just take it with the MIC top.

Good news bad news eh?  If it’s previewing now, you should know tomorrow if it gets pulled for a scheduled build (along with an assigned VIN).  At that point, I doubt the order could be “held”.  This whole Bronco reservation/order system is a cluster and this is just another example.  I don’t blame you for wanting to wait on the MOD top, that’s the exact reason I have 2 orders.  I compromised on my “early” reservation and switched to the soft top.  If I can’t live with it, I will use the other reservation/order to get the MOD top in 2023 or whenever (and sell the soft top Bronco).  I’m rooting for you to get your Bronco sooner rather than later regardless.  But I certainly understand the frustration if you don’t want the MIC top. 

21 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Good news bad news eh?  If it’s previewing now, you should know tomorrow if it gets pulled for a scheduled build (along with an assigned VIN).  At that point, I doubt the order could be “held”.  This whole Bronco reservation/order system is a cluster and this is just another example.  I don’t blame you for wanting to wait on the MOD top, that’s the exact reason I have 2 orders.  I compromised on my “early” reservation and switched to the soft top.  If I can’t live with it, I will use the other reservation/order to get the MOD top in 2023 or whenever (and sell the soft top Bronco).  I’m rooting for you to get your Bronco sooner rather than later regardless.  But I certainly understand the frustration if you don’t want the MIC top. 

Yeah, catch 22 type situation.  Somehow the steps got pulled off the order too, so he's trying to get that put back in......I decided not to add the roof rack - I don't know if I'll ever really use them.....my plan was to leave it off most of the time even if I did get them.

If it gets built, I'll likely just take delivery even if it's not exactly what I originally wanted.  He also brought up the (fair) point of there's been a lot of delays already, waiting for the MOD top is assuming they get it out on time for MY '23 (if it doesn't become late availability, etc), which isn't a guarantee given how the launch has been.

So, if taking delivery, there are a few options:

1) wait until MOD top eventually becomes available via the parts department....it'll be more expensive, but oh well,

2) look into other aftermarket options,

3) just live with MIC.

4) Order another one with MOD top and sell the MIC one whenever MOD does finally arrive (this would be dependent on used car values maintaining).

We'll see what happens.

Edited by rmc523

36 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, catch 22 type situation.  Somehow the steps got pulled off the order too, so he's trying to get that put back in......I decided not to add the roof rack - I don't know if I'll ever really use them.....my plan was to leave it off most of the time even if I did get them.

If it gets built, I'll likely just take delivery even if it's not exactly what I originally wanted.  He also brought up the (fair) point of there's been a lot of delays already, waiting for the MOD top is assuming they get it out on time for MY '23 (if it doesn't become late availability, etc), which isn't a guarantee given how the launch has been.  So, if taking delivery, there are a few options - wait until MOD top eventually becomes available via the parts department....it'll be more expensive, but oh well, or look into other aftermarket options, or just live with MIC.    We'll see what happens.

The cost for the MOD top purchased over the counter through a Ford Dealer's parts department will be outrageous, figure 3x factory option cost. And availability may be limited as Ford's first priority will be supplying the tops to the plant. 

18 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The cost for the MOD top purchased over the counter through a Ford Dealer's parts department will be outrageous, figure 3x factory option cost. And availability may be limited as Ford's first priority will be supplying the tops to the plant. 

Yeah, I'm aware and don't like it either.....but either way it sounds like right now my order is going forward and my order no longer has the MOD top on it either way right now, so........sort of out of options I guess....I added another option above since you quoted my post....

I could always order another one with MOD top and sell the MIC one whenever MOD does finally arrive (this would be dependent on used car values maintaining).

But I'm at the back of the line there.

Edited by rmc523