Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

On 12/9/2021 at 1:37 PM, rmc523 said:

Yeah, catch 22 type situation.  Somehow the steps got pulled off the order too, so he's trying to get that put back in......I decided not to add the roof rack - I don't know if I'll ever really use them.....my plan was to leave it off most of the time even if I did get them.

If it gets built, I'll likely just take delivery even if it's not exactly what I originally wanted.  He also brought up the (fair) point of there's been a lot of delays already, waiting for the MOD top is assuming they get it out on time for MY '23 (if it doesn't become late availability, etc), which isn't a guarantee given how the launch has been.

So, if taking delivery, there are a few options:

1) wait until MOD top eventually becomes available via the parts department....it'll be more expensive, but oh well,

2) look into other aftermarket options,

3) just live with MIC.

4) Order another one with MOD top and sell the MIC one whenever MOD does finally arrive (this would be dependent on used car values maintaining).

We'll see what happens.

Did you get a build date(week)/VIN assigned?

18 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Did you get a build date(week)/VIN assigned?

No, haven't gotten any sort of update yet.  And my Ford account still says "ordering with dealer".  So I'm guessing it wasn't scheduled yet.....I think he said it was "selected for scheduling".  I thought I read somewhere they're scheduled on Thursdays?  Maybe this week?

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

No, haven't gotten any sort of update yet.  And my Ford account still says "ordering with dealer".  So I'm guessing it wasn't scheduled yet.....I think he said it was "selected for scheduling".  I thought I read somewhere they're scheduled on Thursdays?  Maybe this week?

My order is scheduled for build week 1/10/22, but my Ford account still shows “ordering with dealer”.  Try this URL instead (replace “xxxxx” with your actual reservation number”)

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxx

If your order is scheduled for a build, this site will provide the accurate order status.  

On 12/11/2021 at 7:25 AM, ausrutherford said:

I love that green...

Hopefully it makes it to the next Ranger as well. 

I have always been a fan of the green and am usually disappointed in how it does not make it to many of the vehicles. Also I wished that this year 2022 they had come out with an SE color for the Bronco Sports or at least a unique color only for the Badlands version

6 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

My order is scheduled for build week 1/10/22, but my Ford account still shows “ordering with dealer”.  Try this URL instead (replace “xxxxx” with your actual reservation number”)

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=xxxxx

If your order is scheduled for a build, this site will provide the accurate order status.  

Oh wow, look at that....hadn't gotten an email or anything.  Thanks for that info.

image.thumb.png.e5d158b16fc6f36500fa95f5f4711e4e.png

It doesn't have a VIN listed anywhere, though.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Oh wow, look at that....hadn't gotten an email or anything.  Thanks for that info.

image.thumb.png.e5d158b16fc6f36500fa95f5f4711e4e.png

It doesn't have a VIN listed anywhere, though.

Nice!!  The VIN will be included in the email, but those emails seem to be inconsistent recently.  Excited for you, can’t remember, did you go Lux pack and Leather?   

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Nice!!  The VIN will be included in the email, but those emails seem to be inconsistent recently.  Excited for you, can’t remember, did you go Lux pack and Leather?   

Correct.  Checked pretty much all the boxes.  And didn't make any changes aside from the top now.  Decided not to add the roof rack which started being available for '22 with 4-door squatch.  I thought about how frequently (or rather infrequently) I'd likely use them, and I planned on leaving them off most of the time anyway.  I probably should've added the keypad once they made the surround body color, but I'll probably order one via parts dept and put it in the gas door.  I want to get paintable handles and mirror caps to get back to where I would've been in a '21.

So I don't recall, did we have to switch to MIC by a certain date to get the extra FordPass points?  Or did that apply to anytime you switch from MOD to MIC?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Correct.  Checked pretty much all the boxes.  And didn't make any changes aside from the top now.  Decided not to add the roof rack which started being available for '22 with 4-door squatch.  I thought about how frequently (or rather infrequently) I'd likely use them, and I planned on leaving them off most of the time anyway.  I probably should've added the keypad once they made the surround body color, but I'll probably order one via parts dept and put it in the gas door.  I want to get paintable handles and mirror caps to get back to where I would've been in a '21.

So I don't recall, did we have to switch to MIC by a certain date to get the extra FordPass points?  Or did that apply to anytime you switch from MOD to MIC?

Awesome!  My Outer Banks Sas is the same build in Velocity Blue, except I switched to soft top.  
I am fairly certain that the FP points incentive applies to those who are waiting on the delayed mod/dual tops:

https://thebronconation.com/fordpass-rewards-what-every-bronco-owner-needs-to-know/

4 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Awesome!  My Outer Banks Sas is the same build in Velocity Blue, except I switched to soft top.  
I am fairly certain that the FP points incentive applies to those who are waiting on the delayed mod/dual tops:

https://thebronconation.com/fordpass-rewards-what-every-bronco-owner-needs-to-know/

That's old, as it still references MOD top for '22 MY.  There was a subsequent one that you were offered X points for switching from MOD to MIC.  I'll see if I can find it in email.

Hmm, there was one in March, but this also references MOD in '22.:

Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Update

In October of 2020, we told you that the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs were not going to be available for the start of production this summer. At that time, we believed we could still offer these features as a late summer availability option for 2021 model year. However, due to the continued effects of COVID-19 on our supplier, the black painted modular hard top and dual top roofs will unfortunately not be available until 2022 model year.

Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

1. Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)
  2. Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)
  3. Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year

To make it right for not being able to get the roof option you selected, we will provide 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points ($1,000 value) if you take delivery of a 2021 model year Bronco. Since all roof options will be available for 2022 model year, only those who take delivery of their Bronco in 2021 will be eligible for this offer. We hope you'll use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more details on these options in the coming weeks and can also explain the

redemption process.

Another in June said this:

Hello,

We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.

Here. We. Go.

But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.

Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.

Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.

So, here's what we're going to do:

• FordPass Rewards Extension thru 2022 model year - In March we announced a 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points offer ($1,000 value). You can explore how to use these points to personalize your Bronco including several roof accessory choices through Ford Accessories. Your dealer will have more information on the options and can also explain how to redeem the points at time of delivery.

So maybe I'll get them since I wound up with MIC?

Edited by rmc523

56 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Your guess is as good as mine at this point lol!

Although, the qualifying factor appears to be:  You must take delivery of a 2021 Bronco (not a 2022). 

Right, but the second one mentions an extension through '22.

Who knows lol.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Holy freaking shit...finally light at the end of the shitshow tunnel for me

2022_Bronco.png

Happy for you brother!.....FINALLY. Did you get the hard top?...I hope so, because we now have some customers that took delivery after nixing the Hardtop to speed build, inquiring about buying the Hardtop through Parts....theres going to be some REALLY pi$$ed off customers @ $6000 plus......

13 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Happy for you brother!.....FINALLY. Did you get the hard top?...I hope so, because we now have some customers that took delivery after nixing the Hardtop to speed build, inquiring about buying the Hardtop through Parts....theres going to be some REALLY pi$$ed off customers @ $6000 plus......

Yes-I added the Modular Bumper and I dropped the towing package last month vs my original build. 

I guess almost 6 months to the day of my reorder and it being "expedited" by Ford isn't too bad given the demand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Seems a little steep when the factory option for the MIC top is $695.

14 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

My timeline:

7/31/20:  Reservation

1/13/22:  Built

1/14/22:  Shipped

1/15/22:  Delivered to dealer

I am taking delivery on 1/22, excited to say the least. 

5724E58F-9F78-4476-BB8A-81EAC8F9CC12.jpeg

6F2E5376-4AAC-4957-8704-13CB31838DD4.jpeg

19607B05-D926-4000-BB98-1F2AC0CCD579.jpeg

dig it!...congrats....how did you get a shot of your actual unit on the assembly line?....Fuzzy undercover?

16 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

My timeline:

7/31/20:  Reservation

1/13/22:  Built

1/14/22:  Shipped

1/15/22:  Delivered to dealer

I am taking delivery on 1/22, excited to say the least. 

5724E58F-9F78-4476-BB8A-81EAC8F9CC12.jpeg

6F2E5376-4AAC-4957-8704-13CB31838DD4.jpeg

19607B05-D926-4000-BB98-1F2AC0CCD579.jpeg

Did you powder coat the beauty rings or buy the one from ford? Looks nice!

20 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Did you powder coat the beauty rings or buy the one from ford? Looks nice!

I was planning on having the beauty rings powder coated, but ended up purchasing the black replacements.  My dealer has been fantastic and is submitting the new rings for reimbursement under the “Bronco customer satisfaction funds” program.  Should I mention that I’m also acquiring my Bronco at invoice price with no dealer/doc fees?  Yeah, excellent dealers still exist ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I was planning on having the beauty rings powder coated, but ended up purchasing the black replacements.  My dealer has been fantastic and is submitting the new rings for reimbursement under the “Bronco customer satisfaction funds” program.  Should I mention that I’m also acquiring my Bronco at invoice price with no dealer/doc fees?  Yeah, excellent dealers still exist ?

That’s awesome. I always thought $720 was crazy expensive for those, but man they completely change the look of the bronco imo.