Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

On 7/10/2020 at 11:18 AM, T-dubz said:

I bet the new hummer they are coming out with will be pretty cool, however it is an EV.

Bronco EV should be good competition for new Hummer and other electric SUVs from GM. Hopefully Ford can get BEV Bronco into production in the next couple years.

Yeah more power is great for the Jeep "Concept"....however, going fast in a Wrangler is the absolute last thing I want to do. I love how they quote 0-60 time.

Ford could put the 3.0 from the Explorer if they really need to. Totally not worried about Jeep. I'm just waiting when FCA puts a Hellcat in a Pacifica....it will happen.

• Haha 1

Thought some of you might find this interesting, but I just saw a youtube ad from Dodge (Stelantis?) advertising the Jeep 392 Concept. It didn't show much but it sounded mean! And I think that's the point.

So rather than a 1-off announcement to take attention away from the Bronco, it looks like they have an ad campaign behind it too.  I think it's safe to say it might really be coming :peelout:

14 minutes ago, probowler said:

Yeah... because calling people names for liking and wanting different things than you makes you so enlightened ?

Lud·dite

/ˈlədˌīt/

noun

DEROGATORY

a person opposed to new technology or ways of working.

"a small-minded Luddite resisting progress"

HISTORICAL

a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

If the shoe fits, wear it...

• Like 1

392 Wrangler is not solely a concept and I hear 6/2021. After 4 years in production, JL wrangler gets a midlife refresh for 2022 next summer.

Next-gen is probably 2026, but with covid-19 anything is possible.

BTW, found this online on another forum. Seems a bit old, but really credible. Source says it's from 2016, but it predicts accurately. Plus Bronco stuff

20200710_153915.jpg

20200721_140051.jpg

Edited by JX1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Lud·dite

/ˈlədˌīt/

noun

DEROGATORY

HISTORICAL

a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16).

shit...sounds like ME...bwahahahahahahaha….

On 7/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, PREMiERdrum said:

The chutzpah Mike brought to the whole Ford truck division is a huge part of why we're seeing such great marketing - and great products - today. 

Always great to see your posts?

8 minutes ago, JX1 said:

392 Wrangler is not solely a concept and I hear 6/2021. After 4 years in production, JL wrangler gets a midlife refresh for 2022 next summer.

Next-gen is probably 2026, but with covid-19 anything is possible.

BTW, found this online on another forum. Seems a bit old, but really credible. Source says it's from 2016, but it predicts accurately. Plus Bronco stuff

20200710_153915.jpg

20200721_140051.jpg

Is that from someones resume? Resume scraping for info. I bet Ford HR would love to hear about that.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Lud·dite

/ˈlədˌīt/

noun

DEROGATORY

HISTORICAL

I just understand why you felt the need to come into a pleasant discussion of people talking about new cars they're excited for and throw random insults. 

If you don't like jeep or care about V8s, that's fine... But why belittle fellow Ford and bronco fans that do? 

Edited by probowler

6 minutes ago, probowler said:

I just understand why you felt the need to come into a pleasant discussion of people talking about new cars they're excited for and throw random insults. 

If you don't like jeep or care about V8s, that's fine... But why belittle fellow Ford and bronco fans that do? 

If it took this long for FCA, the company known for and has no problem stuffing a big V8 into just about anything, has taken this long to /maybe/ put a big V8 in the Wrangler, doesn't that tell you anything? 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If it took this long for FCA, the company known for and has no problem stuffing a big V8 into just about anything, has taken this long to /maybe/ put a big V8 in the Wrangler, doesn't that tell you anything? 

Are you asking if the absolute king of the hardcore 4x4 vehicle market thinks it's a good idea to put a V8 in the wrangler at this time, does that tell us anything?

I think it could say something different than what you're implying. We all know the reasons and excuses, but the fact it Ford was late to the game here, despite all of us telling them for years we need a new Bronco. Jeep owns the market, and they have a huge and loyal following for a reason. If Wranglers were terrible vehicles as some people here like to say, Jeep wouldn't sell so many. In this case, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they've earned it. They have far more recent insight into the off-road market and community than Ford does at the moment.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Are you asking if the absolute king of the hardcore 4x4 vehicle market thinks it's a good idea to put a V8 in the wrangler at this time, does that tell us anything?

I think it could say something different than what you're implying. We all know the reasons and excuses, but the fact it Ford was late to the game here, despite all of us telling them for years we need a new Bronco. Jeep owns the market, and they have a huge and loyal following for a reason. If Wranglers were terrible vehicles as some people here like to say, Jeep wouldn't sell so many. In this case, I have to give them the benefit of the doubt, because they've earned it. They have far more recent insight into the off-road market and community than Ford does at the moment.

That only further proves my point. If this was something that just HAD to be had by the off-road community, FCA, the company that loves to stuff a V8 into pretty much anything, would have done it already. 

TL;DC
2dr
Base 28500
BB 33385
BD 36050
OB 38955
Bad 42095
WT 48875
1st 59305

4dr
Base 33200
BB 35880