Jump to content





silvrsvt

Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Recommended Posts

What do you guys think the refresh/redesign model will look like for the bronco? Will it be more like the wrangler where it stays basically the same with very minor changes or would we see more drastic changes like you normally see in a redesign?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

What do you guys think the refresh/redesign model will look like for the bronco? Will it be more like the wrangler where it stays basically the same with very minor changes or would we see more drastic changes like you normally see in a redesign?

 

I would hope mustang would be the template

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope for the Jeep approach of keeping it the same, or If anything, I want it to look more like the OG Bronco. I want a lower beltline, Triangle windows, tailgate and/or power rear-window.  Maybe even bring back the little baby bronco pickup.

Edited by probowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, probowler said:

I hope for the Jeep approach of keeping it the same, or If anything, I want it to look more like the OG Bronco. I want a lower beltline, Triangle windows, tailgate and/or power rear-window.  Maybe even bring back the little baby bronco pickup.

 

I thought it had a tailgate that slides out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, akirby said:

 

I thought it had a tailgate that slides out.

It does, It's kind of gimicky and it's optional, with the Cargo stowage package or whatever they call it. It's a nice feature, just not quite the same. I would prefer a regular tailgate and where the "sliding tailgate" is to instead be a hidden wet stowage area like the escapes have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, probowler said:

It does, It's kind of gimicky and it's optional, with the Cargo stowage package or whatever they call it. It's a nice feature, just not quite the same. I would prefer a regular tailgate and where the "sliding tailgate" is to instead be a hidden wet stowage area like the escapes have.


How would a drop down tailgate work with a big spare tire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, akirby said:


How would a drop down tailgate work with a big spare tire?

 

Bring back the swing carrier.
 

img_0089_5205331a5eea613ff6247c49d9bf844

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


I could very easily take and share a picture of the actual body in white but for obvious reasons I'm not gonna do that 😂

 

Have them paint up one in Velocity Blue and share it please.  K thanks! lol  ;) 😛

 

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

What do you guys think the refresh/redesign model will look like for the bronco? Will it be more like the wrangler where it stays basically the same with very minor changes or would we see more drastic changes like you normally see in a redesign?

 

I'm guessing it'll be on the "simpler" side - refinements and adding features rather than drastic changes.

 

1 hour ago, akirby said:


How would a drop down tailgate work with a big spare tire?

 

He wants a 3 step process any time you want to get into the back (swing tire open, roll window down, open tailgate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my way home from work, I saw a flatbed truck with 4 Broncos on it. All were black and so far as I could see, completely undisguised. The were traveling west/south on I-80/I-35 on the west side of the Des Moines area. At least one was a 2 door. I only caught a glimpse of them as they were going the other way on a busy freeway. I have no idea where they were going, or why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AGR said:

On my way home from work, I saw a flatbed truck with 4 Broncos on it. All were black and so far as I could see, completely undisguised. The were traveling west/south on I-80/I-35 on the west side of the Des Moines area. At least one was a 2 door. I only caught a glimpse of them as they were going the other way on a busy freeway. I have no idea where they were going, or why.

Will the new Bronco become the new police car of choice? I thought that the minute I saw the base Bronco during the unveiling. 
 

I could see the Bronco spec’d out to demolish everything in the police category except maybe high speed pursuit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stray Kat said:

Will the new Bronco become the new police car of choice? I thought that the minute I saw the base Bronco during the unveiling. 
 

I could see the Bronco spec’d out to demolish everything in the police category except maybe high speed pursuit. 


probably not. There’s not going to be enough room in the back seat, especially after the partition dividing the front and rear seats was installed. Also, I’d imagine it’d be a lot easier for someone to escape the vehicle if there isn’t a fixed roof.

 

i could see it replacing the raptors doing border patrol duty though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AGR said:

On my way home from work, I saw a flatbed truck with 4 Broncos on it. All were black and so far as I could see, completely undisguised. The were traveling west/south on I-80/I-35 on the west side of the Des Moines area. At least one was a 2 door. I only caught a glimpse of them as they were going the other way on a busy freeway. I have no idea where they were going, or why.

 

 

This?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/data/video/18/18124-4912a572c1022710ef1ec8736ceca865.mp4

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

 

According to Google Maps, they were headed Westbound on I-80, at exit #112/Rt. 47 Morris IL.  The Grundy County Fairgrounds sign at street level is only on the WB side.

 

Since they were also spotted further west near Des Moines IA, probably headed out to CO for TFL to play with,,,,

 

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^^^^ When did they start offering a yellow top option on the Wranglers... looks nice!

 

Wonder if that's the accessory winch mount bumper... on the Bronco!

Edited by CoolScoop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T-dubz said:


probably not. There’s not going to be enough room in the back seat, especially after the partition dividing the front and rear seats was installed. Also, I’d imagine it’d be a lot easier for someone to escape the vehicle if there isn’t a fixed roof.

 

i could see it replacing the raptors doing border patrol duty though.


I could see it be an addition to the border patrol.  There’s still a roll for trucks/Raptor down there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

 

According to Google Maps, they were headed Westbound on I-80, at exit #112/Rt. 47 Morris IL.  The Grundy County Fairgrounds sign at street level is only on the WB side.

 

Since they were also spotted further west near Des Moines IA, probably headed out to CO for TFL to play with,,,,

 

HRG

Damn, I was on that stretch of 80 yesterday, and missed them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 7:28 AM, jasonj80 said:


No, that is just the Bronco. That is the issue Ford has with production numbers and where the 18 months is coming from.

 

Ford CFO just said 150k reservations so far on the Q2 earnings call. Any idea why disparity from your 230k reservations quote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lavien said:

 

Ford CFO just said 150k reservations so far on the Q2 earnings call. Any idea why disparity from your 230k reservations quote?

 

In the the Detroit News article, Tim Stone says 150,000 orders, not reservations.  

 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/07/30/ford-earnings-better-than-expected/5544358002/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

 

In the the Detroit News article, Tim Stone says 150,000 orders, not reservations.  

 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/07/30/ford-earnings-better-than-expected/5544358002/

 

 

 

If it's "orders" wouldn't that have to refer to Sport?  As Bronco itself can't be ordered yet.

 

And if that's the case, that'd have to include dealer orders as well.  I doubt 150k people reserved a Sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stray Kat said:

Will the new Bronco become the new police car of choice? I thought that the minute I saw the base Bronco during the unveiling. 
 

I could see the Bronco spec’d out to demolish everything in the police category except maybe high speed pursuit. 


Way too small for all our gear and would need a column shifter to free up the center console. 
 

Now for special assignment use, I’d love one. Would be a fun office for park/lake patrol use or even as a scout vehicle for Customs and Border Protection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

 

In the the Detroit News article, Tim Stone says 150,000 orders, not reservations.  

 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/07/30/ford-earnings-better-than-expected/5544358002/

 

 


Now it says 150K reservations.  I think they’re just being conservative on the public reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, akirby said:


Now it says 150K reservations.  I think they’re just being conservative on the public reporting.

 

Interesting.  The Detroit News both corrected and updated their original article.  As first written, the reporter said 150,000 orders.  It now says reservations and mentions the possibility of a third shift at MAP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×