Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

There’s been reports on social media of dealerships applying a 10K ADM on Bronco Sports already-crazy.

I've never been a fan of ADM's but can understand it in the case of the Shelby's because of the limited production. Our dealership has paid other dealerships MSRP for Shelby's more than a 1,000 miles from us. In recent years there's been little justification for ADM's on Raptor's as production is no longer limited to the extent it was years ago. For a regular production model such as the Bronco Sport there is absolutely no justification for ADM's. Those Dealers just hurt themselves and drive customers away and into the arms of their more reasonable competitors. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

I've never been a fan of ADM's but can understand it in the case of the Shelby's because of the limited production. Our dealership has paid other dealerships MSRP for Shelby's more than a 1,000 miles from us. In recent years there's been little justification for ADM's on Raptor's as production is no longer limited to the extent it was years ago. For a regular production model such as the Bronco Sport there is absolutely no justification for ADM's. Those Dealers just hurt themselves and drive customers away and into the arms of their more reasonable competitors. 

As a Bronco buyer, you'd be shocked out how out of the loop the Dealers are in my area. I know Bronco6G gets a bad rap around here but it's the same thing from what I've read across the nation. Many dealers don't fully understand the reservation process and there have been multiple reports of dealers telling customers that "We will likely have ADM"... to which the customer then says they will just transfer dealerships. The dealers response? "You can't do that. We will simply sell it to someone else" ?

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

There's always some that try to cash in on hype. There's a sucker born every minute. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re not going to get as good of a field of view with the camera mounted that low and that area you circled is below the bumper anyway so that's going to be a problem with Rock crawlers. 

Not to mention that's where your trailer hitch goes if you get one.

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

There’s been reports on social media of dealerships applying a 10K ADM on Bronco Sports already-crazy.

That's ridiculous.  It's another reason I don't mind my order being later on - to somewhat help avoid that garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

some dealers are absolutely nuts....shooting themselves in the foot...10k on a Sport, asinine...y'know...maybe $750. But 10k????? And not justifying ADMs but seriously.....our first Bronco Sport was a $30310 MSRP.../.at that there was less than $700 between invoice and MSRP....wiggle room in vehicles has been declining for years, so I don't blame dealers for packing Shelbys and Raptors...but a Sport...and 10k?????

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

some dealers are absolutely nuts....shooting themselves in the foot...10k on a Sport, asinine...y'know...maybe $750. But 10k????? And not justifying ADMs but seriously.....our first Bronco Sport was a $30310 MSRP.../.at that there was less than $700 between invoice and MSRP....wiggle room in vehicles has been declining for years, so I don't blame dealers for packing Shelbys and Raptors...but a Sport...and 10k?????

Dealers are allowed to be idiots and ask for ADM on a mass produced new model. They know there is at least one idiot in there area that will bite. When people don't buy, eventually that dealer will start to deal. Happens every time and it's not exclusive to Ford. Dealers are shady but the know they can prey on the dumb.

27 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Dealers are allowed to be idiots and ask for ADM on a mass produced new model. They know there is at least one idiot in there area that will bite. When people don't buy, eventually that dealer will start to deal. Happens every time and it's not exclusive to Ford. Dealers are shady but the know they can prey on the dumb.

Like I said earlier, there's a sucker born every minute, and if they're dumb enough to pay extra on a mass produced, non production limited vehicle then that's on them and if a dealer can get away with charging it, good for them too as long as it's not egregious. Doesn't necessarily make it right but that's the free market for you. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Like I said earlier, there's a sucker born every minute, and if they're dumb enough to pay extra on a mass produced, non production limited vehicle then that's on them and if a dealer can get away with charging it, good for them too. Doesn't make it right but that's the free market for you. 

I tend to try to stay away from dealerships like that. You would be amazed on how little research people do before buying cars. I mean virtually none. I think this forum is definitely the outlier.

"I like that vehicle. Can you get me this monthly payment? Deal!"

Just now, jcartwright99 said:

I tend to try to stay away from dealerships like that. You would be amazed on how little research people do before buying cars. I mean virtually none. I think this forum is definitely the outlier.

Most smart people do. 

6 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

We get that a lot....unfortunately Math wasn't a very popular class at school....you would be AMAZED at how many people think they can finance 35k for $400 a month....or less.....

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Sure, you can.....if the loan is long enough!

with the ever escalating prices of vehicles I foresee a 10 year loan coming out....lol....good luck on that if your FICA is sub 600...that said...even at 84, 400 amonth is 33600...and that's at something youll NEVER see for 84...0%

Edited by Deanh

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Answer me this, what does a Ranger Lariat typically lease for in your area? 

min down 12000 miles a year $469 plus tax ( 4x4 $44785 MSRP ) capped at X plan pricing. My quip about Math was aimed more at people financing not leasing, on this truck I could guarantee people would be looking for SUB $400 on a lease....is what it is, but we see it a LOT.

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

min down 12000 miles a year $469 plus tax ( 4x4 $44785 MSRP ) capped at X plan pricing. My quip about Math was aimed more at people financing not leasing, on this truck I could guarantee people would be looking for SUB $400 on a lease....is what it is, but we see it a LOT.

I'll take this convo.  to PM because I need some answers and I don't need to be throwing personal financial information all over the internet ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 11:45 AM, jcartwright99 said:

Some people just can't wait and want to be the first on block to own one and will pay premium price. PT Cruiser anyone, 2002 Thunderbird, 2020 Corvette, and so on. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

@fuzzymoomoo I bet you have one less coworker in a day or two.......

1D3F374C-F40A-43ED-A63E-5BAB799CAFD2.png

Ooooooooh someone is in trouble 

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

probably Evaluation units...

We started PP builds this week. 

30 minutes ago, probowler said:

That gray color looks TERRIBLE. Yikes.

It's the lighting, it's not that much different than Magnetic that exists right now and that color looks good out in natural light. Not many paint colors look good in that lighting, trust me, I had to do it for 5 years.