Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

17 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Ooooooooh someone is in trouble 

We started PP builds this week. 

It's the lighting, it's not that much different than Magnetic that exists right now and that color looks good out in natural light. Not many paint colors look good in that lighting, trust me, I had to do it for 5 years. 

I think Ford missed the opportunity...theres a gray in the catalog called Dark Matter Gray...looks fantastic....and a perfect partner to Antimatter Blue.....and , seriously wheres my Army Green and Lead foot Gray?....

• Like 2

On 12/7/2020 at 3:37 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re not going to get as good of a field of view with the camera mounted that low and that area you circled is below the bumper anyway so that's going to be a problem with Rock crawlers. 

I have a backup camera mounted just above the license plate on my F-150. It's really good for lining up the hitch with the trailer, but it's only passable for anything else. 

50 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

I have a backup camera mounted just above the license plate on my F-150. It's really good for lining up the hitch with the trailer, but it's only passable for anything else. 

That's kind of what I was thinking if it was possible to extend and move the camera location. Use it for lining up the occasional trailer and using my mirrors for regular backing up.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I think Ford missed the opportunity...theres a gray in the catalog called Dark Matter Gray...looks fantastic....and a perfect partner to Antimatter Blue.....and , seriously wheres my Army Green and Lead foot Gray?....

Dark Matter. Reminds me of a PHENOMENAL song by one of my favorite bands. One of the best songs Steven Wilson ever wrote. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

Yes, I’m a big fan of Lead Foot Gray as well. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think lead foot is out in favor of carbonized grey and cactus grey.

well in all sincerity, Carbonized gray is minutely different to their main stay Magnetic.... the Dark Matter Gray is substantially darker...almost black until the light hits it...thus ,my comment how it complimented Antimatter Blue...dig em.

Edited by Deanh

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

well in all sincerity, Carbonized gray is minutely different to their main stay Magnetic.... the Dark Matter Gray is substantially darker...almost black until the light hits it...thus ,my comment how it complimented Antimatter Blue...dig em.

Im just saying they’re probably not going to have leadfoot in addition to carbonized grey and cactus grey.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

Just now, akirby said:

Im just saying they’re probably not going to have leadfoot in addition to carbonized grey and cactus grey.

sadly most likely correct....shame...Ranger is in the same boat...I see Tacomas everywhere in really cool colors, significantly non metallic...

5 hours ago, Deanh said:

sadly most likely correct....shame...Ranger is in the same boat...I see Tacomas everywhere in really cool colors, significantly non metallic...

Yes, I've noticed the eye popping colors on Tacomas. And their impressive resale value. Just saw a 2016 Tacoma with 50,000 miles listed fof $29,900. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Shows quick and easy swapping of parts for the SEMA build with squared off wheel openings plus Q&A with Ford designers, including their own model and tranny preferences... plus it sounds like dealers will be getting accessorized Broncos for their customers to see in "the first part of next year".

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

A classic grill more true to the original bronco would be awesome. Would also love a tailgate conversion kit.

I love that you can go from an open-air experience in the summer and close it up nice and tight for winter. Also love how you can keep your nice, stock body panels for the streets and buy special fenders and doors specifically just for the trail.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, probowler said:

A classic grill more true to the original bronco would be awesome. Would also love a tailgate conversion kit.

I love that you can go from an open-air experience in the summer and close it up nice and tight for winter. Also love how you can keep your nice, stock body panels for the streets and buy special fenders and doors specifically just for the trail.

for someone that enjoys customizing this is a god send....awesome sauce

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

for someone that enjoys customizing this is a god send....awesome sauce

Its modular genius!!! You can impress your friends with heavily battle scared bumpers, grill, fenders, fender flares, tubular doors, rock guards, wheels and tires... then take the wife to a fancy resteraunte in a shiny Bronco with perfect stock components and running boards!   It's going to take a whole lot more than a Hemi to update the Wrangler, lol!

Edited by CoolScoop

The grille customization will be cool. I’d like to see the bronco script on the fenders and with bronco written in the current grille in a different font, I don’t think they would match well. A custom grille that says FORD like the original, or just doesn’t say anything at all would match pretty well with the bronco script.LG-1280BC_Black_Chrome_Bronco_Script_Emb

28 minutes ago, akirby said:

Mike Levine says more colors and special editions on the way.  No timeframe.

Hopefully some more retro versions.

While I've never been a huge OG Bronco fan, the new one occupies this strange space for me of missing what I like best from the original bronco and the fullsize broncos.  I think they could have done a better job by more closely resembling the original, but it's hard to fault ford when the end result is so amazing. The modular customization feature is epic.

Personally I'm waiting for future refreshes or special editions to see if there's something more to my liking. It will give me time to save up anyway.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1