Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

As always, thanks for the breakdown fellas.

I have a 10 PM day 1 reservation but it’s a 2.7 badlands MIC top. I like my chances of getting a 21MY but that 40k rumor scares me a bit

Short of things at Webasto getting WAY worse than they could anticipate, you're in good shape. The 2.7 will be slower to blend because of demand but night 1 reservations should all feel pretty good about an early- to mid-summer delivery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought A/Z weren't able to be turned down by dealers, aren't they mandatory? 

Correct, dealers can decide if they want to participate or not. Actually had a family member get turned down in Denver for the plan one time, they went to another dealer who then traded for that vehicle. I think D plan is also allowed; A/Z/D is what is listed on the internal Ford site as HRG pointed out.

1 hour ago, slemke said:

As long as there is a customer willing to pay the price Ford is requesting for the Bronco, there is no need to add special incentives for employees.  

It’s called taking care of your employees and keeping up morale.  And it’s still a vehicle sale.  It only costs Ford around 4% of dealer invoice - they’re not losing money.  In the long run it’s a good investment.

16 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Mine says the build will go thru the Ford B&P site then you submit the buildsheet to them.  Only appt will be to sign the papers and approve the configuration.

Has anyone else heard this? I saw the rumor on Bronco6G a few months ago, but crickets since then. 

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Short of things at Webasto getting WAY worse than they could anticipate, you're in good shape. The 2.7 will be slower to blend because of demand but night 1 reservations should all feel pretty good about an early- to mid-summer delivery. 

That's great news! I ended up moving my reservation to one of the dealerships with the steep discount. (Stephen's Auto) I'm sure they have hundreds of reservations. I'm 16th in line with them. I'm interested to see how Ford's allocation system shakes out. Roughly 3000 dealerships in America. If the 40k MY21 rumor is true this puts us at ~13 Broncos per dealership on average. Granted... not every dealership is going to get the same amount. Still makes me antsy

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Correct, dealers can decide if they want to participate or not. Actually had a family member get turned down in Denver for the plan one time, they went to another dealer who then traded for that vehicle. I think D plan is also allowed; A/Z/D is what is listed on the internal Ford site as HRG pointed out.

that's not what we are being told...we are being told the BRONCO will not be eligible for any plans...nothing to do with the dealer. For example, on vehicles such as the GT350 and Raptor, there are boxes on a regular invoice that have the plan pricing in black and white, those boxes are absent on the Two vehicles mentioned, thus they are not eligible...apparently the Bronco is following suit...those boxes will also be blank on the Bronco invoices, thus , not eligible.

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought A/Z weren't able to be turned down by dealers, aren't they mandatory? 

its not mandatory...if a vehicle is in decidedly short supply , its the Dealers decision if they wish to sell the vehicle at someone with a pin number for plan pricing...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

that's not what we are being told...we are being told the BRONCO will not be eligible for any plans...nothing to do with the dealer. For example, on vehicles such as the GT350 and Raptor, there are boxes on a regular invoice that have the plan pricing in black and white, those boxes are absent on the Two vehicles mentioned, thus they are not eligible...apparently the Bronco is following suit...those boxes will also be blank on the Bronco invoices, thus , not eligible.

They change the sheets then? They used to have the price at the bottom even if it wasn't an eligible vehicle. My Raptor had it, Bronco First Edition are no plan but that was from the start as well.

I'll have to ask around to the employees I know that have them reserved if this is true. What I can see happening in typical Ford fashion is the backlash will be harsh from employees, they reverse course, have egg on their face while sewing in the employees mind of yet another time the executives tried to F them. However it wouldn't surprise me of late if they tried to pull it off, some bean counter will be like we can make an extra $15 million for the year and screw our employees! Followed by lets just eliminate the discount plans for employees across the board we could save a hundred million dollars!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slemke said:

Why would any company offer discounts on a product that is sold out and likely fetch a premium?  They can add incentives, lower pricing, employee discounts, increased marketing etc. after initial demand is met.  Companies are generally set up and run to optimize profits.  Non-profits, regulated monopolies, etc. being the exceptions.  As long as there is a customer willing to pay the price Ford is requesting for the Bronco, there is no need to add special incentives for employees.  They either pay the same price as everyone else or wait for the price to be lowered.  Shareholders have a different idea of dumb.

First off, I am a shareholder lol.  I understand the business side of it.  Sure they can eek out a bit more in profits, but at what cost?  It's just going to piss people off more than anything.  As I said in a previous post, I understand it for 1st Editions and the coming Warthog.  But doing it on regular trims is just greedy and asking to make employees and whatnot further upset.

3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I anticipate mine being a while, as I plan on waiting for the shadow black top.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Has anyone else heard this? I saw the rumor on Bronco6G a few months ago, but crickets since then. 

This is what my dealer sent out.  It sounds to me like they want you to come in with the idea of what you want using B&P (more accurately, the order guide).  I don't think they'll say "nope, can't do it, you don't have your B&P sheet."

While we originally communicated that your Ford Dealer would begin reaching out in December to schedule an order consultation and place your order, this process will now begin in mid‑January and extend through mid‑March. As a reminder, your order cannot be placed online; however, you are encouraged to spec your Bronco using the For‌d‌.‌co‌m Build & Price tool ahead of your dealer consultation and save a copy to help when you place your order.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

They change the sheets then? They used to have the price at the bottom even if it wasn't an eligible vehicle. My Raptor had it, Bronco First Edition are no plan but that was from the start as well.

I'll have to ask around to the employees I know that have them reserved if this is true. What I can see happening in typical Ford fashion is the backlash will be harsh from employees, they reverse course, have egg on their face while sewing in the employees mind of yet another time the executives tried to F them. However it wouldn't surprise me of late if they tried to pull it off, some bean counter will be like we can make an extra $15 million for the year and screw our employees! Followed by lets just eliminate the discount plans for employees across the board we could save a hundred million dollars!

I know for a fact we will have several pissed off reservationists that called SPECIFICALLY to see if our Dealership would honor Plan pricing...now what do we say/...sorry?...expect some cancelled reservations...not that Ford cares...they have a history of NOT looking at the big picture...it really is a slap in the face of Vendors that supply them, Stockholders, Employees of both Corporate and Dealerships and retirees….its basically nothing more than unadulterated greed IMO.

Just now, valve said:

Maybe we should wait for confirmation of this rumor before we start "slagging" the company?

just relaying what we were informed on a FORD transmission we all watched. And Ive been with them since 1986..they deserve slagging sometimes...if this pans out its a perfect example.

57 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Raptor invoices do not have any plan pricing in the relevant boxes...I have an invoice on my desk. So color me confused with your comment. 

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Ford not offering plan pricing in the 2021MY is not unexpected....issues getting it out the door and huge demand outstripping supply is all leading to this.

If it doesn't go into effect with the 2022MY...then you have a legitimate reason to bitch about it. 

And yeah I can get plan pricing...and I've been planning on not getting it because of the above and personal reasons. 

Edited by silvrsvt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think Ford not offering plan pricing in the 2021MY is not unexpected....issues getting it out the door and huge demand outstripping supply is all leading to this.

If it doesn't go into effect with the 2022MY...then you have a legitimate reason to bitch about it. 

And yeah I can get plan pricing...and I've been planning on not getting it because of the above and personal reasons. 

agreed...but sure is a slap in the face to some...maybe the 22's, we shall see...I fully understand it, but much like dealers adding markup, its something I dont really agree with..

27 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Raptor invoices do not have any plan pricing in the relevant boxes...I have an invoice on my desk. So color me confused with your comment. 

I'll see if I can find the invoice for mine at home tonight, there was a box at the bottom that had A-Plan with the price in it, even if a pin couldn't be used. I haven't seen an invoice in a while for a limited production so many they finally took it out on those. 

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I know for a fact we will have several pissed off reservationists that called SPECIFICALLY to see if our Dealership would honor Plan pricing...now what do we say/...sorry?...expect some cancelled reservations...not that Ford cares...they have a history of NOT looking at the big picture...it really is a slap in the face of Vendors that supply them, Stockholders, Employees of both Corporate and Dealerships and retirees….its basically nothing more than unadulterated greed IMO.

That is where I feel horrid for dealers, Ford goes and makes changes and you are the one that get yelled at that they are screwing them; just give then the 313-322-3000 number and have them talk to an operator in the glass house.

51 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm planning on a Cactus Grey Big Bend Mid package with the 2.7L V6 and the MIC hardtop...hoping for a mid summer delivery.

Almost the same as mine! I thought you were in an OBX. 

I'm a 4 door Cactus Gray Big Bend Mid Package with the 2.3 and the MIC top, and a 7/13 - 9:45pm timestamp. 

Short of more delays, I'm hoping to see her late June / early July.