Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Well the sky has officially fall for some at BG6. NO MOD TOPS for 2021 or 2022! You can get a hard top as long as it is the MIC top. So no painted black, white, green or body color modular tops til CY 2023. Some users can't comprehend and read so they are acting like Ford isn't producing any hard tops.

Reading the tea leaves. Webasto isn't getting the Mod contract. Fords lawyers are probably working overtime right now.  I'm also betting the team that signed off on Webasto is A). looking for work right now or B). feeling the heat right now.

• Like 1

After some thought, looks like I'd now be waiting until late '22 calendar year for a '23 model year at the earliest as a Wildtrak MOD top res holder, and that waiting gets me no compensation of any kind aside from MSRP price protection and twiddling my thumbs longer?

-Extra FordPass points don't apply unless I switch to MIC (soft top isn't an option for Wildtrak per previous emails, and it wasn't spelled out it now is with this new update).
-No free sound deadening headliner (that had been thrown in on MIC tops as compensation)
-No option for Wildtrak to "downgrade" to a soft top + prep kit
-No parts department price guarantee for a mod top purchased later

Basically I just wait another year longer for what I want with no "we're sorry" compensation because of the combo I ordered that checked all the boxes?

I mean, I guess I can hold out hope that A/C seats or hybrid appear? I doubt there'll be many changes, though.

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

After some thought, looks like I'd now be waiting until late '22 calendar year for a '23 model year at the earliest as a Wildtrak MOD top res holder, and that waiting gets me no compensation of any kind aside from MSRP price protection and twiddling my thumbs longer?

-Extra FordPass points don't apply unless I switch to MIC (soft top isn't an option for Wildtrak per previous emails, and it wasn't spelled out it now is with this new update).
-No free sound deadening headliner (that had been thrown in on MIC tops as compensation)
-No option for Wildtrak to "downgrade" to a soft top + prep kit
-No parts department price guarantee for a mod top purchased later

Basically I just wait another year longer for what I want with no "we're sorry" compensation because of the combo I ordered that checked all the boxes?

I mean, I guess I can hold out hope that A/C seats or hybrid appear? I doubt there'll be many changes, though.

It's a tough pill to swallow if you are waiting for a MOD top. The Webasto situation has been a dumpster fire for a while now. Ford is letting them produce the MIC tops out of necessity. However, they can barely do that. 

I think this Ford launch has to be the worst in recently memory. Not because of quality and not there a not a ton of things that are linked to the pandemic,  mostly due to the fact that people are saying with wads of cash "TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!" and they can't take it. Meanwhile, Jeep has all the time in the world to update the Wrangler and fulfill orders.

It sucks that ordered are delayed even longer. Used vehicle prices are so high right now that I’d want to buy my vehicle ASAP to ensure I got a good deal on my trade in. But the bronco looks really good with the color matched roof. That’d be hard to pass up if you were set on getting it.9c4f858b2a26d9bb55df94b5723fbc21.jpg

10 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's a tough pill to swallow if you are waiting for a MOD top. The Webasto situation has been a dumpster fire for a while now. Ford is letting them produce the MIC tops out of necessity. However, they can barely do that. 

I think this Ford launch has to be the worst in recently memory. Not because of quality and not there a not a ton of things that are linked to the pandemic,  mostly due to the fact that people are saying with wads of cash "TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!" and they can't take it. Meanwhile, Jeep has all the time in the world to update the Wrangler and fulfill orders.

I mean it's easy to upgrade an existing product.

Not excusing anything that's gone on, but Jeep is obviously in a better position production wise to make reactionary changes to Bronco.

6 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

It sucks that ordered are delayed even longer. Used vehicle prices are so high right now that I’d want to buy my vehicle ASAP to ensure I got a good deal on my trade in. But the bronco looks really good with the color matched roof. That’d be hard to pass up if you were set on getting it.9c4f858b2a26d9bb55df94b5723fbc21.jpg

AFAIK, there wasn't really a plan to offer a color matched roof with the Bronco next year even 2023. 

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

AFAIK, there wasn't really a plan to offer a color matched roof with the Bronco next year even 2023. 

They mentioned body colored tops for '22 was the plan* in the both top delay emails.

*Obviously that too has been delayed to '23

Edited by rmc523
Edited for clarity.

27 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Reading the tea leaves. Webasto isn't getting the Mod contract. Fords lawyers are probably working overtime right now.  I'm also betting the team that signed off on Webasto is A). looking for work right now or B). feeling the heat right now.

Who else makes tops like that could supply them to Ford?

I'm not sure what Webasto was thinking-yeah they got fucked royally with timing, but it seems like much of it was their own doing by not standing up the plant sooner then they did. 

Before March 2020 and when COVID shutdowns happened, the Bronco was on track for a December launch...and they didn't even have a plan to get the plant stood up 9 months before having to get product to their vendor?!? 

I wonder how the contract was written up and how performance was supposed to be evaluated by Ford,...because at this point Ford should be getting those tops for free.  

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Who else makes tops like that could supply them to Ford?

I'm not sure what Webasto was thinking-yeah they got fucked royally with timing, but it seems like much of it was their own doing by not standing up the plant sooner then they did. 

Before March 2020 and when COVID shutdowns happened, the Bronco was on track for a December launch...and they didn't even have a plan to get the plant stood up 9 months before having to get product to their vendor?!? 

I wonder how the contract was written up and how performance was supposed to be evaluated by Ford,...because at this point Ford should be getting those tops for free.  

Yeah whatever Webasto did seems pretty inexplicable.

16 minutes ago, K270 said:

I did, thats why I was wondering how they could be charging that much?  The vehicles aren't even on the lot yet.

They are dealer ordered and were  always going to be marked up but man,

Ford should be putting a lid on stuff like this, $50k extra is scalping buyers.

Edited by jpd80

And since no stock units have been allocated, these either have to be:

- Customer orders that didn't follow through, meaning these sales will count towards the "20% name match" rule to protect future Bronco allocations; or

- These are the dealer demo units that they're trying to get a big deposit on now, even though they can't be sold until they hit a certain mileage. Breaking this rule will also impact future allocations. 

$50,000 markup? That's just wild. 

People have been complaining to Mike on Twitter about the addendums on Mach-E's and he's personally working with every single one of them to get it corrected. Not sure what leverage they have but he seems to be doing something to address it. 

It's wild. 

• Like 5