Jump to content





silvrsvt

Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Anthony said:

 

I'm going in two weeks!  🙂


But not in a new Bronco with a fucked up top!  
 

Glad you are having fun Premier and like Akirby mentioned it’s not like you can’t enjiy and drive the vehicle. Would be totally different if they had a stop sale and do not drive message out there!!

 

All is good i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anthony said:

 

I'm going in two weeks!  🙂

Have you been here since Steel Vengeance opened?!? Currently in line to ride it for the 5th time today. Absolutely indescribable.

 

No kids or spouses today, just me and a friend, so we bit the bullet and did FastLane Plus and I can't imagine this day without it. BUSY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Hi guys! Great day here with the Bronco at Cedar Point. 

 

Very nice! Hope the journey was just as enjoyable as the destination. Cedar Point is my favorite amusement park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The hard top issues have solidified my decision to switch to a soft top. Especially being the #1 allocation at my dealership but still without a build date. If I don't get scheduled on the 29th for September, I'll probably 99 the order. :( 

Edited by Buckin'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Have you been here since Steel Vengeance opened?!? Currently in line to ride it for the 5th time today. Absolutely indescribable.

 

No kids or spouses today, just me and a friend, so we bit the bullet and did FastLane Plus and I can't imagine this day without it. BUSY.


I have not been there since we had kids.  (My eldest is going on 15).  Top Thrill Dragster was new the year we went last. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In other Bronco news, Ford announced 3 extra locations for the Bronco Off-Roadeo experience, in addition to the original location at Grey Wolf Ranch in Texas. Bronco Off-Roadeo | Off-Road Outdoor Adventure Playground (broncooffroadeo.com)

 

  • Red Cliffs Lodge, Utah
  • Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire
  • Mount Potosi, Nevada

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

In other Bronco news, Ford announced 3 extra locations for the Bronco Off-Roadeo experience, in addition to the original location at Grey Wolf Ranch in Texas. Bronco Off-Roadeo | Off-Road Outdoor Adventure Playground (broncooffroadeo.com)

 

  • Red Cliffs Lodge, Utah
  • Gunstock Mountain, New Hampshire
  • Mount Potosi, Nevada

Vegas for me! I can drop the wife off at a slot machine. 😬

 

Not sure if I want to go until I get my Bronco though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buckin' said:

Vegas for me! I can drop the wife off at a slot machine. 😬

 

Not sure if I want to go until I get my Bronco though.

That won't work if your wife spends the Bronco's down payment on the slot machine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

That won't work if your wife spends the Bronco's down payment on the slot machine...

Hence the 😬

 

Whatever it takes to get me out there haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New snakeskin texture on both sides of the middle roof panel that wasn't there yesterday. It's crazy how quickly this seems to appear. Once it's there, so far, it doesn't go away. 

 

20210723_123127.jpg

20210723_123057.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this is happening to you bud.  I know you are generally a positive person and I hope that it doesn't take away too much from the enjoyment of your new ride. Hope it gets resolved for you once they get their act together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I am not a composites expert, I would tend to think that this is a UV exposure issue with the either the substrate or the resin or both.  My guess is the resin, which would mean a mix problem or a cure problem.  Hope they solve the issue soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Sorry this is happening to you bud.  I know you are generally a positive person and I hope that it doesn't take away too much from the enjoyment of your new ride. Hope it gets resolved for you once they get their act together.

Honestly it's not really bothering me at all, I know it's going to be replaced at some point. I'm making noise about it here and elsewhere to keep pressure up for a proper fix. 

The question, of course, is what becomes a proper remedy? I don't think it's realistic at this point to think that Webasto can manufacture these with the expected quality. Could another supplier? I'm not sure, the design seems to have some fundamental flaws. So now you're going to have 25,000-35,000 MIC hard top 2021 Broncos running around with faulty roofs. What happens when they start flexing and cracking? Keep putting new bad roofs on?

There isn't an obvious solution but the clock is ticking for them to figured it out. In the meantime, I'm having a blast in my rig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think either Webasto fixes their manufacturing issue permanently and they replace the tops over the next several months or they get a new supplier and replace them.  I don’t see any other choice.  Unfortunately neither one is a great option, but it’s great to hear it isn’t dampening your enthusiasm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:

I think either Webasto fixes their manufacturing issue permanently

Or Ford “fixes” their design with a top that can be manufactured by Webasto or another supplier.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Drove by a nearby Ford dealer today. They had a Bronco in the show room. Had to stop and take a look. Its a good looking vehicle. Salesman said they had a second one that was being test driven. I didn't stick around to see it come back. Salesman claimed it was yellow. 

 

 

 

IMG_2334.heic

Edited by K270
Took a couple photos way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, 02MustangGT said:

Or Ford “fixes” their design with a top that can be manufactured by Webasto or another supplier.  


So what make you think this is Fords issue? Where is your proof? 
 

To me seems like you have an axe grind here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:


So what make you think this is Fords issue? Where is your proof? 
 

To me seems like you have an axe grind here. 


There is part of me that wonders if there is something in the design that makes manufacturing very difficult. We'll probably never know for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


There is part of me that wonders if there is something in the design that makes manufacturing very difficult. We'll probably never know for sure. 


Seems pretty obvious this is a difficult design to manufacture, but it’s also clear Webasto agreed to do it and it’s clear they did it for the preproduction models.  It sounded like they were very late getting their production facility up and running so there wasn’t much time for testing at full production capacity.  Ford already delayed production once because of the tops so I can understand not wanting to delay again.  

 

Maybe they can get the manufacturing process sorted out quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...hard top or soft top, there appears to be issues. I guess the soft top is rubbing off the paint on a lot of folks Broncos. Basically, it appears everything with the exception any of the tops was designed well.  You can't make this stuff up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, akirby said:


Seems pretty obvious this is a difficult design to manufacture, but it’s also clear Webasto agreed to do it and it’s clear they did it for the preproduction models.  It sounded like they were very late getting their production facility up and running so there wasn’t much time for testing at full production capacity.  Ford already delayed production once because of the tops so I can understand not wanting to delay again.  

 

Maybe they can get the manufacturing process sorted out quickly.

 

The thing I don't get is why they seemed to be waiting so long to get the plant up and running. The pre-COVID timeline had the Bronco in production December 2020.

 

Westebo has been floundering since March 2020-which is only 9 months before Job 1 production (originally) for the Bronco...I'd think that they would be at low rate production at that point just to get up and running and train people and iron out bugs with the top. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

 

The thing I don't get is why they seemed to be waiting so long to get the plant up and running. The pre-COVID timeline had the Bronco in production December 2020.

 

Westebo has been floundering since March 2020-which is only 9 months before Job 1 production (originally) for the Bronco...I'd think that they would be at low rate production at that point just to get up and running and train people and iron out bugs with the top. 

 

 

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed it was Covid related but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:

I assumed it was Covid related but who knows.

 

Well anything post March 2020 was COVID related. I don't think they actually started producing tops at the plant they have now til almost a year later? 

If COVID didn't happen-would this still happened? My gut says yeah most likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×