Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That leads into my next question/thought. 

It's safe to assume that since Ranger has an electronic locking rear end that Bronco will get it too. I wonder if Bronco will get one for the front end, or even if that's a good idea. 

My 1985 Bronco ll had locking front and rear differentials. Weird how something old becomes something new. Like watching the "wonder" of yesterday's human rocket launch when I still remember like yesterday seeing the Saturn 5 rocket taking humans to the moon. Now I see why it's problematic to live too long. Same old bullshit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That leads into my next question/thought. 

It's safe to assume that since Ranger has an electronic locking rear end that Bronco will get it too. I wonder if Bronco will get one for the front end, or even if that's a good idea. 

Definitely on the rear.  Front would probably be only on super off-road versions.

Open differential means if one wheel starts spinning the other one won’t get any torque.  So a 4wd with two open diffs is really just 2wd - one front and one rear.  Drop one side into mud and you’re screwed.

Limited Slip will transfer power to both wheels if one slips.  Locking (like Ford’s E locker) locks both wheels together all the time.

4 channel ABS allows the pcm to brake each wheel independently for stability control, traction control and off road tricks.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, akirby said:

Definitely on the rear.  Front would probably be only on super off-road versions.

Open differential means if one wheel starts spinning the other one won’t get any torque.  So a 4wd with two open diffs is really just 2wd - one front and one rear.  Drop one side into mud and you’re screwed.

Limited Slip will transfer power to both wheels if one slips.  Locking (like Ford’s E locker) locks both wheels together all the time.

4 channel ABS allows the pcm to brake each wheel independently for stability control, traction control and off road tricks.

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't LS eventually become OD if the surface is just too slick? Or does it always spin both wheels?

44 minutes ago, probowler said:

Now correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't LS eventually become OD if the surface is just too slick? Or does it always spin both wheels?

i seem to recall they would take turns spinning. Or maybe that was just my shitty set up.  LOL been a long time since my racing days.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I thought it would spin both wheels but that might depend on the type of LS.

Limited slip allows the transfer of up to ××% to the other wheel that isnt spinning. Majority of applications this is sufficient. Depending on your needs LS may not be able to transfer enough power to the wheel with traction to move the vehicle. I.E. rocking crawling with a wheel up in the air. Look up Detroit Truetrac as a reputable LS and how this helical gear LS works.

• Like 1

Off roaders would call that a cutting brake. Twin sticked gear driven transfer cases you can pop the rear drive out, hold one side on the brakes, and use the front wheels to walk the truck around an obstacle. I'm sure it's more electronically controlled in a brand new truck, but that's a promising feature if it's what it looks like.

And the factory clutch driven limited slip diffs are damn near useless for any real off roading - they're good for getting you off wet grass, but if it's a helical gear driven unit like the detroit trutrac... I've had good luck with those on customer installs.

3 hours ago, boredinbirmingham said:

I wanna know how they snuck 3 Broncos into the back woods of Georgia.  The off road communities here are so prolific and fanatic that it must have been some CIA level secret spy type stuff to keep the prying eyes and cameras away.

It’s that tricky camouflage they use.......

• Haha 1

Here's my idea for a Bronco commercial:

*commercial starts*

people in a downtown street are marching along, they all turn to look toward the mountains where they hear a distant sound of engine and mud/dirt slinging noises

*cue 3 second close up of horse hooves galloping through mud*

right back to people covering their eyes from the sun looking toward the mountains, noises getting louder, a bright "flashing" reflection is seen in the distance

*cue 3 second close up of beefy tires sloshing through mud then over rocks, galloping hooves and engine noises are overlaid*

people start walking toward the mountains

*cue shot of both tires and lower half of the body traversing more rocks reaching a dirt field, more galloping/engine noises getting louder*

people get closer to the edge of the city, where they see a big cloud of dust with the clouds swirling to form an animated kicking Bronco logo in the dust, as the galloping/engine noises

out of the dust comes a Bronco now on a grass hilly field, full speed going up/over the hills, catching a bit of air on one and then reaches pavement

Scene changes to the driver's point of view, where he sees the people in the distance approaching, The Bronco begins to slow *galloping noises slow and fade away*, and the people part for it to drive through the crowd, the camera slides backward out of the Bronco (so you can see the dash, then seats, rear seats, rear tire), pans closer to crowd, with everyone staring with big smiles and open mouths.

a car wash on the corner is shown, the muddy and brown Bronco drives in, as it drives out, it's revealed to be a brilliant red/blue/green/(insert bright color) with white roof vehicle

after pulling out into the street, it comes to a stop at an intersection with the entire crowd of people staring again, a moment of silence occurs

then the crowd starts cheering, clapping, and dancing *upbeat exciting music plays*

VOICEOVER:

The legend returns. The all-new Ford Bronco, with the ability to buck and gallop anywhere and everywhere you need or want to go....

*screen turns to black screen with nothing but the round headlight LEDs/horizontal LED strips and illuminated BRONCO grille insert before ending*

---

Haha, that ended up being longer than I intended.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

*commercial starts*

people in a downtown street are marching along, they all turn to look toward the mountains where they hear a distant sound of engine and mud/dirt slinging noises

right back to people covering their eyes from the sun looking toward the mountains, noises getting louder, a bright "flashing" reflection is seen in the distance

*cue 3 second close up of beefy tires sloshing through mud then over rocks, galloping hooves and engine noises are overlaid*

*cue shot of both tires and lower half of the body traversing more rocks reaching a dirt field, more galloping/engine noises getting louder*

people get closer to the edge of the city, where they see a big cloud of dust with the clouds swirling to form an animated kicking Bronco logo in the dust, as the galloping/engine noises

out of the dust comes a Bronco now on a grass hilly field, full speed going up/over the hills, catching a bit of air on one and then reaches pavement

Scene changes to the driver's point of view, where he sees the people in the distance approaching, The Bronco begins to slow *galloping noises slow and fade away*, and the people part for it to drive through the crowd, the camera slides backward out of the Bronco (so you can see the dash, then seats, rear seats, rear tire), pans closer to crowd, with everyone staring with big smiles and open mouths.

a car wash on the corner is shown, the muddy and brown Bronco drives in, as it drives out, it's revealed to be a brilliant red/blue/green/(insert bright color) with white roof vehicle

after pulling out into the street, it comes to a stop at an intersection with the entire crowd of people staring again, a moment of silence occurs

then the crowd starts cheering, clapping, and dancing *upbeat exciting music plays*

VOICEOVER:

The legend returns. The all-new Ford Bronco, with the ability to buck and gallop anywhere and everywhere you need or want to go....

*screen turns to black screen with nothing but the round headlight LEDs/horizontal LED strips and illuminated BRONCO grille insert before ending*

---

If you'd like to use a professional script writing program, the industry standard is Final Draft!

I found it interesting to note that while working on month-end inventory sales reports that Ford has added the Bronco Sport to one of the reports. They have not yet added the Bronco. Per usual, Ford Dealers have no information as we'll all find out when the public does!

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

*commercial starts*

VOICEOVER:

---

You missed your calling!.  Maybe even an updated version of..."Have you driven a Ford..?.....Lately!