Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

• silvrsvt changed the title to Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 9th!!
17 hours ago, probowler said:

Did you read the bios for those gentlemen?  They have serious Bronco history and credentials. If anyone thinks Ford is anti-minority, they're crazy; It sounds like Ford simply hired the best people for the job. Diversity is fine, but it shouldn't be forced. By calling them out for the gender and skin color, you ignore the sweat and hard work they've put into leading the community and helping us get to where we are today. Not cool.

I've been involved in the Early Bronco world for many years and know some of those guys.  They're major contributors in the Early Bronco history and that's why they were selected I'm sure.  Years and years of hard work and dedication to the Bronco.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’m not a huge fan of most of those colors, although that will probably change when we see the real thing instead of renders. If it was my choice, I’d get a dark green like the bullitt, or a really dark blue. I also wish lead foot gray was being offered.

I’ve been a black vehicle person for a long time, but if they brought lead foot gray back I would strongly consider it.  I love that color, it’s pretty unique.   

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 12:32 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

They did it to Jalopnik after they published screenshots of the Mach-E website after it unintentionally went live. 

Their sandbox, their rules. 

On 6/11/2020 at 12:42 PM, akirby said:

Big difference between spy pics taken on public streets or intentional leaks and unauthorized leaks.  Ford has a right to control proprietary information and punish those who don’t respect it.

It would be one thing if those images were sent to them by Ford with a publication embargo. It is another matter completely if the images were taken by an independent photo journalist or even themselves of a prototype / pre-production vehicle that is out on public roads or parked in a public area. If they didn't want that information out they need to take better precautions in masking things, like maybe using a dummy shift knob instead of the production knob.

It is bad form to punish the outlets that give you the publicity you need. When it comes time for reviews are they going to cede that free pub and let TFL push FCA, GM, and Toyota in their offroad reviews? Ford marketing is being petty and stupid. As a shareholder it is clear that there are more changes that need made in media relations. 

53 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

It would be one thing if those images were sent to them by Ford with a publication embargo. It is another matter completely if the images were taken by an independent photo journalist or even themselves of a prototype / pre-production vehicle that is out on public roads or parked in a public area. If they didn't want that information out they need to take better precautions in masking things, like maybe using a dummy shift knob instead of the production knob.

It is bad form to punish the outlets that give you the publicity you need. When it comes time for reviews are they going to cede that free pub and let TFL push FCA, GM, and Toyota in their offroad reviews? Ford marketing is being petty and stupid. As a shareholder it is clear that there are more changes that need made in media relations. 

No way those pics were taken in public.  They don’t let you get that close.  

And Ford figured out a long time ago that magazines and websites don’t sell vehicles.  It just doesn’t matter very much one way or the other.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:00 PM, akirby said:

Front AND rear lockers

Swaybar disconnect

Yeah, it's just another mall cruiser.

Plus it has Bilstein external reservoir shocks to tackle those gnarly mall lot speedbumps.

Edited by CoolScoop

14 hours ago, akirby said:

No way those pics were taken in public.  They don’t let you get that close.  

And Ford figured out a long time ago that magazines and websites don’t sell vehicles.  It just doesn’t matter very much one way or the other.

Maybe they help, maybe they don’t, but I was over at TFL, and the comments regarding them being uninvited by Ford are not positive. To me it seems like an unforced error to generate negative publicity on Ford’s part, when TFL is generally favorable to Ford.  There is no doubt that TFL has help maintain interest in the Bronco, while Ford has languished along.  And regarding the F150, there’s hardly anything to see really, as the this gen appears to be a very mild exterior makeover with a newer interior. A bit disappointing, since this is supposed to be the next generation, yet it almost feels like a Fusion MCE. And from what I’ve seen so far, the interior does not appear to exceed the Ram’s interior.  

Definitely not a positive move for Ford IMO.  

5 hours ago, tbone said:

Maybe they help, maybe they don’t, but I was over at TFL, and the comments regarding them being uninvited by Ford are not positive. To me it seems like an unforced error to generate negative publicity on Ford’s part, when TFL is generally favorable to Ford.  There is no doubt that TFL has help maintain interest in the Bronco, while Ford has languished along.  And regarding the F150, there’s hardly anything to see really, as the this gen appears to be a very mild exterior makeover with a newer interior. A bit disappointing, since this is supposed to be the next generation, yet it almost feels like a Fusion MCE. And from what I’ve seen so far, the interior does not appear to exceed the Ram’s interior.  

Definitely not a positive move for Ford IMO.  

Let's hope Ford hasn't gotten too cautious with this new F-150 to where it's just a mild evolution. Hopefully it has some wow new features like a power generator on the hybrid model and innovative touches that are totally unexpected. Make the competition scramble to keep up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone said:

Maybe they help, maybe they don’t, but I was over at TFL, and the comments regarding them being uninvited by Ford are not positive. To me it seems like an unforced error to generate negative publicity on Ford’s part, when TFL is generally favorable to Ford.  

But you also don't bite the hand that feeds you either...and outrage is out just outrage on the internet...I doubt Ford's sales will be impacted at all. 

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Let's hope Ford hasn't gotten too cautious with this new F-150 to where it's just a mild evolution. Hopefully it has some wow new features like a power generator on the hybrid model and innovative touches that are totally unexpected. Make the competition scramble to keep up. 

I think they already said at some point that's happening

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's amazing 

Whoever made that decision deserves a bonus 

::glances at Mike...::

This was at least the 3rd date picked for the online reveal... doubt the higherups had any idea. Legendary. ?

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I hope you are right, since it looks a bit underwhelming so far.  Perhaps the resources were dumped into suspension, hybrid system, Etc.  I guess we will find out soon enough.  I also hope they have something planned to combat the Chevy Trail Boss package, as I have been seeing a ton of them, and they look pretty good. 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, probowler said:

Did you read the bios for those gentlemen?  They have serious Bronco history and credentials. If anyone thinks Ford is anti-minority, they're crazy; It sounds like Ford simply hired the best people for the job. Diversity is fine, but it shouldn't be forced. By calling them out for the gender and skin color, you ignore the sweat and hard work they've put into leading the community and helping us get to where we are today. Not cool.

You have to look at the environment you are in the picture was/is completely pointless. It had no possible upside potential but a huge amount of downside potential. 

Diversity actually must be forced in lower levels and give people an equal chance as you'll never achieve it other wise. Diversity has been forced at Ford Motor Company for the better part of 30 years, and overall has made the company better because of it. I'm not taking anything away from those men, I just wonder why other people that were on in the program weren't included in the photo that were equally part of this program. 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:34 PM, T-dubz said:

I’m not a huge fan of most of those colors, although that will probably change when we see the real thing instead of renders. If it was my choice, I’d get a dark green like the bullitt, or a really dark blue. I also wish lead foot gray was being offered.

Toyota has some colors that would look fantastic on the Bronco...theres one similar to lead foot theres a mid, non metallic blue and a really cool camoflage Green.... 

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1