Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

15 minutes ago, Deanh said:

always that possibility as well...I just want them to keep costs in check...as we have seen, the higher the cost of a vehicle the smaller the potential market....

Technically the 3.0 doesn’t cost more than the 2.7 to produce, it may be easier to group the non-F150 engines together and leave 2.7 production alone.

I could be wrong with this but we might see 3.0 EB with two power levels as better differentiation to the 2.3 than the 2.7 would give, better optics on power levels?

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Are those gauges on the dash above the touchscreen? Maybe buttons? Hard to tell.

The one on the far right looks like it might be a gauge, but the rest of them look like they're status indicators for various things (traction control off, hazard lights, passenger airbag disabled, drive mode, etc). It is difficult to tell, though.

57 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

The one on the far right looks like it might be a gauge, but the rest of them look like they're status indicators for various things (traction control off, hazard lights, passenger airbag disabled, drive mode, etc). It is difficult to tell, though.

image.png.7012cc124301ca718dbcf52a0b562c89.png

From Bronco6G

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldwizard said:

This might be old news, but I talked to a friend of a friend last night who is in middle management at Ford.  He said the Bronco Sport will launch this year and the Bronco will not launch until 2021 making it a 2022MY vehicle.

I believe that it's already been confirmed here that they will both launch this year with the Bronco Sport being this fall and Bronco being end of year. The Bronco will still be a 2021 MY vehicle.

2 hours ago, theoldwizard said:

This might be old news, but I talked to a friend of a friend last night who is in middle management at Ford.  He said the Bronco Sport will launch this year and the Bronco will not launch until 2021 making it a 2022MY vehicle.

Job 1 for T6 Bronco is in early December and by the time OK to buy comes through it will be January.

22 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It makes more sense for Bronco to use existing engine gearbox set ups rather than funding new variations

and if there is the base 2.3 EB, it makes little sense to use a 2.7 EB when the 3.0 EB is now available.

The Explorer precedent would point in the direction of Ford skipping 2.7 EB and going with 3.0 EB. But maybe they are saving 3.0 EB for Bronco Raptor? We'll find out soon enough. 

Also, drivetrain decision for Bronco won't be made in a vacuum without F-150. We don't know yet what is the future of 2.7 EB in F-150. Does Ford keep it so it doesn't completely overshadow the 5.0 V8? Or does Ford upgrade F-150 to 3.0 EB knowing 5.0 will be hybrid with more power? Until we learn more about what engine options next gen F-150 will have, it's a bit premature to speculate on Bronco (or Mustang for that matter).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bzcat said:

The Explorer precedent would point in the direction of Ford skipping 2.7 EB and going with 3.0 EB. But maybe they are saving 3.0 EB for Bronco Raptor? We'll find out soon enough. 

Also, drivetrain decision for Bronco won't be made in a vacuum without F-150. We don't know yet what is the future of 2.7 EB in F-150. Does Ford keep it so it doesn't completely overshadow the 5.0 V8? Or does Ford upgrade F-150 to 3.0 EB knowing 5.0 will be hybrid with more power? Until we learn more about what engine options next gen F-150 will have, it's a bit premature to speculate on Bronco (or Mustang for that matter).

Logically, Ford wouldn't put a 2.3 EB and a 2.7 EB next to each other in the same product, perceived difference is also important.

Lincoln also shows us that the 3.0 TTV6 can be supplied with two power levels, maybe this is a possible succession plan away

from producing two different capacities.....just a thought.

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Would not surprise me to see 2.7L go transverse only and 3.0EB longitudinal only.   It's hard to compare directly but the 3.0LEB might be just as fuel efficient as the 2.7L in most applications.   If so there is no need for both.

Well, Edge and Nautilus are the only vehicles using 2.7 EB transverse and I don't see any other likely candidate. From an investment standpoint, I would assume Edge and Nautilus won't be able to justify any unique engines. The current 2.7 transverse will stay as long as Ford needs it to stay for Edge, but I suspect you can just de-tune the 3.0 EB in F-150 to reach whatever fuel economy target you want to hit. Lots of car companies do the same. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Thanks 1