Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

46 minutes ago, probowler said:

Whatever dude. You clearly like to argue just to argue. The 5.0 is objectively faster and more powerful, and by today's standards that makes the 2.0 slow. Fact.

Don't talk to me about performance while completely ignoring that the 5.0 exists.

GT500 is 730 hp.  Does that make the 430 hp 5.0 mustang GT slow?

1 hour ago, rperez817 said:

Once the all electric Bronco comes out, we'll see a combination of performance and efficiency like never 

And Sasquatches will establish a momopoly running charging stations in the deep boonies!

Edited by CoolScoop

4 hours ago, akirby said:

GT500 is 730 hp.  Does that make the 430 hp 5.0 mustang GT slow?

Compared to the GT500 yeah kind of. But that's halo power. No chance we'll ever see something like that in the Bronco sport, but there is definitely room for improvement. No such thing as good enough when your base engine is 3-cylinders haha.  Ideally the current lineup will make up base, mid-range, and eventually we'll get a premium engine and a hybrid and/or electric option.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

Compared to the GT500 yeah kind of. But that's halo power. No chance we'll ever see something like that in the Bronco sport, but there is definitely room for improvement. No such thing as good enough when your base engine is 3-cylinders haha.  Ideally the current lineup will make up base, mid-range, and eventually we'll get a premium engine and a hybrid and/or electric option.

Ford seems to be making the base models of new vehicles "OK" but also encouraging buyers to spend 

a whole lot more to get the trim level and engine they want, that seems to be the case with Explorer and Escape.

5 hours ago, probowler said:

The point is having more powerful engines available doesn’t make the 2.0Leb slow at all.  And there is a great chance more powerful options are coming later.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

The point is having more powerful engines available doesn’t make the 2.0Leb slow at all.  And there is a great chance more powerful options are coming later.

He's dug in, you’re not going to change his mind no matter how much logic you use. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Ford seems to be making the base models of new vehicles "OK" but also encouraging buyers to spend 

a whole lot more to get the trim level and engine they want, that seems to be the case with Explorer and Escape.

why doesn’t ford just get rid of base models altogether? Besides the XL trucks, I can’t think of any reason you’d want to buy the base model. They aren’t that much cheaper than the next trim up, they look like crap, and they have zero options. I can’t remember the last time I’ve even seen a base model that wasn’t a fleet vehicle of some kind. Dealers around me don’t even stock them. I wonder how much money ford would save just from simplifying the building process by not offering base models (would not have to produce all of those additional parts like all the black plastic trim base models have, or interior parts that are of lesser quality, or The 4” screen instead of the 8”, etc). if they skipped the base model, I imagine it would also help ford build the image of quality products, which would then allow for the higher prices they have been aiming for.

• Like 1

I agree personally but part of the reason is to advertise lower starting prices to get people looking and hopefully sell them a more expensive version.  And to support some fleet sales which may be necessary.  Would be interesting to see what would happen if the kill the Explorer base model.

Edited by akirby

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

I agree personally but part of the reason is to advertise lower starting prices to get people looking and hopefully sell them a more expensive version.  And to support some fleet sales which may be necessary.  Would be interesting to see what would happen if the kill the Explorer base model.

They did.... 

28 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Good luck finding one though, they’re more rare than a regular cab F-150. 

Yes sir, 2020 Explorer 100A is hard to come by right now for retail consumers. More of them should be available in the spring and summer though. My salesman at Autonation Ford said the dealership ordered a few 100A Explorers. He also said the massive rebates Ford put on Explorer 200A and 202A in the past couple months are helping alleviate some of the "sticker shock" that consumers experience with those models.

Bill Utter Ford in Denton has a Explorer 100A available for sale.

5c30b4e12ff1fef6be3c908e06825542x.jpg

5498dd58c6b1b1e0392de7d68b4b5148x.jpg

ac6b39c5b75040eef32125242dd7ed59x.jpg

047f70f38d4b38fa638de36813997f72x.jpg

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Also I would argue that even the XLT 200a is too plain and should be killed.  Start with 202a.

Your obsession with ATP sure hasn't helped the stock value.  Maybe Ford should just eliminate all the non-pickups, and see if Lincoln can carry the company?

HRG

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

He's dug in, you’re not going to change his mind no matter how much logic you use. 

Weird, it's almost like someones personal preference is their personal preference ?

Question, why do you just want people to just shut up and take whatever Ford gives us? What's wrong with people wanting to let Ford know they want more performance?

30 minutes ago, probowler said:

Weird, it's almost like someones personal preference is their personal preference ?

Question, why do you just want people to just shut up and take whatever Ford gives us? What's wrong with people wanting to let Ford know they want more performance?

Because catering to everyone is how companies go bankrupt. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because catering to everyone is how companies go bankrupt. 

True! But I would argue that if Ford had catered to and listened to the Bronco community sooner, they might be in a much better position today as we debate this. Same with Ranger.

10 minutes ago, probowler said:

True! But I would argue that if Ford had catered to and listened to the Bronco community sooner, they might be in a much better position today as we debate this. Same with Ranger.

20 years ago, the company was bleeding cash. They didn't have the resources necessary to make this kind of an investment in a new product line like this.

10 years ago they weren't that far into recovering from the previous decade+ of disaster and had to focus on higher priority programs like Escape, Explorer and Focus. They also had nowhere to build a new Bronco. I would argue Twin Cities could have been used for that after the old Ranger ended but that's another conversation entirely. 

So say they had listened to the Bronco community sooner, it would have only lead to massive disappointment (2002 T-Bird anyone?). Sure the 2004 concept looked cool, but underneath it was literally an Escape. 

2 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Your obsession with ATP sure hasn't helped the stock value.  Maybe Ford should just eliminate all the non-pickups, and see if Lincoln can carry the company?

Stock price has nothing to do with the financial health of a company (unfortunately).

I’m simply explaining why Ford’s strategy makes financial sense for Ford.  Doesn’t mean consumers will like it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, probowler said:

You don’t get it.  All you have to say is I would prefer X or I wish they would offer Y.  Instead you say that what they do offer is flawed or insufficient which is ridiculous in most cases.   You need to choose your words more carefully if you don’t want people to argue with you.  Nobody would argue with “I’d love to see the 2.3 in Bronco Sport “ or “I’d prefer a 5.0 V8 in Bronco”.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, akirby said:

You don’t get it.  All you have to say is I would prefer X or I wish they would offer Y.  Instead you say that what they do offer is flawed or insufficient which is ridiculous in most cases.   You need to choose your words more carefully if you don’t want people to argue with you.  Nobody would argue with “I’d love to see the 2.3 in Bronco Sport “ or “I’d prefer a 5.0 V8 in Bronco”.

I'd prefer a bigger engine in the new Broncos because the current engines are insufficient.

Your entire argument is based on your OPINION that because the current engines today are as fast as some V8s from 10 years ago, that automatically makes them good enough. If you believe that, cool but again that's just your opinion.

Edited by probowler