Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

8 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Sport Interior-looks like a better done Explorer Interior and doesn't have the cheaper instrument cluster of the Escape. Door panel looks a little cheap and the fit of the items aren't the greatest, but could just be pre-production issues

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/interior-of-ford-bronco-sport-revealed.1051/

Bronco_Sport_Interior_001.jpg

The door panel reminds me a lot of my 08 Escape, which is a GOOD thing!  I love the interior in my car, it's good looking, has nice soft to the touch surfaces and despite over 100k and being pretty old is still in good shape. However she does unfortunately have the occasional rattles now. Even better because it doesn't have the cheap silver trim mine had. It's hard to tell justfrom looking but It looks like ford used some decent materials here. I'm very happy with what we're seeing here!

• Like 1

I think I might actually like the escapes screen better. Every time I see this one it reminds me of an old tv, or maybe one of those tv/vcr combos.?

s-l225.jpg

20190117_131941.jpg

instead of having that storage bin, I wonder why they didn’t just move the screen down to fill it? That would have essentially eliminated the “tablet” look that everyone seems to hate and filled that space up nicely.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Instead of having that storage bin, I wonder why they didn’t just move the screen down to fill it? That would have essentially eliminated the “tablet” look that everyone seems to hate and filled that space up nicely.

I believe its for overseas markets like China:

burlappcar-2020-ford-escape-1.jpg

2020-Ford-Explorer-Platinum-China-spec-15.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, probowler said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the tablet trend as you put it, but as far as the storage phone it's
1) A good place for your phone (as shown) and

2) A good wallet and keys spot. 

I hate driving with stuff in my pockets so lots of storage space is key for me.

I prefer to put those items in the cup holder or the tray in front of the cup holder where theirs plenty of room. The phone doesn’t even look like it fits in the storage compartment, of course it could just not be pushed all the way in.

Edited by T-dubz

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

CB145B0C-CCA8-4166-9E78-C1B31DF7892F.jpeg

This is the part I don’t like. I didn’t like it in the escape and I don’t like it here either. It doesn’t flow together at all and it does make it look cheap. If those parts were integrated better, it would really make the interior look more cohesive. Maybe something like the explorers console and how it meets the dash would look better.

Looks like something a new trim piece would fix, since its appears they are separate from the center console 

Just now, T-dubz said:

I prefer to put those items in the cup holder or the tray in front of the cup holder where theirs plenty of room. The phone doesn’t even look like it fits in the storage compartment, of course it could just not be pushed all the way in.

I think the only reason the phone is there is because they have there glasses where it actually should go.

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I believe its for overseas markets like China:

burlappcar-2020-ford-escape-1.jpg

2020-Ford-Explorer-Platinum-China-spec-15.jpg

The bronco sport should have used this center console and center stack. From the ac vents up, keep it like they already designed it, below the vents use this. I think I’d like it much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-dubz said:

The bronco sport should have used this center console and center stack. From the ac vents up, keep it like they already designed it, below the vents use this. I think I’d like it much better.

The upper one is the Escape and the lower one is the Explorer...

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the tablet trend as you put it, but as far as the storage phone it's
1) A good place for your phone (as shown) and

2) A good wallet and keys spot. 

I hate driving with stuff in my pockets so lots of storage space is key for me.

I'm guessing that since they show a phone in that space, there isn't a wireless charging pad? 

7 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

I'm guessing that since they show a phone in that space, there isn't a wireless charging pad? 

Wireless charging pads are normally in the center console under the dash. 

I think everyone is reading way too much into where the phone is-keep mind if it is left there, it will become a projectile in an accident. If its in the center console, its less likely to hit someone due to being down low. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think everyone is reading way too much into where the phone is-keep mind if it is left there, it will become a projectile in an accident. If its in the center console, its less likely to hit someone due to being down low. 

That only works if the USB and Aux ports are also in the center console, which they very may well be... we just can't see that.

The only problem with that is it could make music playback problematic for those of us who play music over aux or BT.  How do the new sync systems work? Can you control music playback over carplay/android auto through the tablet?

For those who use their phones to control the music over aux or BT, you still need to handle the phone to change music and keeping the phone in the center console would be annoying.  Unless these new systems account for that, which would be awesome.

55 minutes ago, probowler said:

That only works if the USB and Aux ports are also in the center console, which they very may well be... we just can't see that.

The only problem with that is it could make music playback problematic for those of us who play music over aux or BT.  How do the new sync systems work? Can you control music playback over carplay/android auto through the tablet?

For those who use their phones to control the music over aux or BT, you still need to handle the phone to change music and keeping the phone in the center console would be annoying.  Unless these new systems account for that, which would be awesome.

The current system works though BT-There are bandwidth limitations with BT (forget what caused it-maybe streaming?), so Wifi is offered to over come that, but I'm not sure what Ford products are using that (basing this on my wife's 2017 Escape)

Everything is controlled through the touchpad on the screen or controls on the steering wheel/dash. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yes, the charging pad on my Edge is under the door on the console. I frequently leave my phone in the car and wouldn't want it on display. The USB ports on the Bronco appear to be in the photo above that's circled in red and exposed. I would hope for another USB in the console.

13 hours ago, probowler said:

I have most of my music on a flash drive, so I can use the steering wheel controls to scroll through selections or just ask Sync to play specific artists or tracks.

Edited by MKX1960

7 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

I have most of my music on a flash drive, so I can use the steering wheel controls to scroll through selections or just ask Sync to play specific artists or tracks.

That's a good way to go, I recently bought a new Sony walkman to function as my main portable music solution so bluetooth, aux and/or USB connectivity will be key for me. Unfortunately it doesn't have android, so I don't think the touch controls will cut it for me, hopefully there is some physical connectivity outside the center console as well.