Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

There was a blank after the : when you posted...I thought you shared the F-150 center stack at first.

Is it working now?  I've been able to see it the whole time, so if y'all can't see the pic I posted, let me know so I can do something else.

3 hours ago, probowler said:

Okay, but that's a delivery truck, the storage box serves a function. Building a car with tiny rear windows and bigass blindspots because "style" while simultaneously making the car more expensive due to extra cameras, wiring, and videoscreen is obnoxious.

You missed the point.  There is no blind spot if you adjust your mirrors properly.  Doesn’t matter what you’re driving or for what purpose.  People just don’t like it or they incorrectly believe it’s a safety issue.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, akirby said:

You missed the point.  There is no blind spot if you adjust your mirrors properly.  Doesn’t matter what you’re driving or for what purpose.  People just don’t like it or they incorrectly believe it’s a safety issue.

Thank you so much.  This is another one of my huge pet peeves.  This is such an accepted falsehood perpetuated by so many.  I was even taught this when I was learning to drive  38 years ago.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, akirby said:

I just can’t understand why folks are so preoccupied with rear visibility nowadays.  In college I drove an E350 delivery box truck with 0 rear visibility other than the side mirrors.    It doesn’t make a difference going forward, you have the camera and sensors when backing up and when changing lanes you still need to look over your shoulder.

THATS the problem...peoples neck muscles, along with turn signals...have become redundant...and trust me....after racking up close to 200,000 miles on a motorbike its a regular daily  occurrence...I now have what I would label "spidey sense"...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Looking at this bit of the interior, it almost seems like the buttons were an after thought. Let’s look at some of ford’s recent interiors.

here is the new f150 interior. The bronco is sharing the same buttons as this. Notice how well they are integrated into the center stack. There’s even some concave areas around the top buttons that give it some depth.2021-Ford-F-150-Lariat-Interior-Spied-3.

Explorer11-Ford-Explorer-Platinum-1.jpg

edge

2020_ford_edge_dashboard.jpg

All of these interiors seem to incorporate all the controls for the radio/AC pretty well into the design. 

Then you get to this new bronco pic and also the ranger. The controls in both of these seem like it’s just an after thought to me. It’s like someone said, “here, use these buttons, but don’t make it cost a lot,” so they just slapped them on a flat black piece of plastic. I was hoping it would have been incorporated a bit better. The same exact buttons look much better in the f150. 

2021-bronco-display-screen-jpg.6625

ranger6.jpg

I'll be the first to admit, the Ranger has the absolute worst HVAC controls of any modern vehicle I've driven.  Trying to find a tiny black button in a sea of black plastic is a lesson in futility. I just use the touchscreen in place of the buttons because they are so bad.

The same exact controls are in my wife's Edge but are positioned better (but still suck because the buttons are so tiny).  At least the same buttons on her controls are broken up by a line of chrome.

If those Bronco HVAC controls were in my Ranger, I'd jump for joy.

Edited by Anthony

It's nice to get these tidbits but for the love of god just release this already. I know, I know...the dead horse is being beaten. Every other automaker is releasing new product information now, yet Ford is still on the pre Covid teaser plan that got a two and a half month pause. Out of all the new product roll outs from Ford in the last 10 years, from the stupid Bronco graphic rolled out by Fields to now this is getting ridiculous. We are at NSX level of tease. Sorry to rant

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's nice to get these tidbits but for the love of god just release this already. I know, I know...the dead horse is being beaten. Every other automaker is releasing new product information now, yet Ford is still on the pre Covid teaser plan that got a two and a half month pause. Out of all the new product roll outs from Ford in the last 10 years, from the stupid Bronco graphic rolled out by Fields to now this is getting ridiculous. We are at NSX level of tease. Sorry to rant

We're almost to Transformers yellow Camaro level.......

• Angry 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I'll be the first to admit, the Ranger has the absolute worst HVAC controls of any modern vehicle I've driven.  Trying to find a tiny black button in a sea of black plastic is a lesson in futility. I just use the touchscreen in place of the buttons because they are so bad.

The same exact controls are in my wife's Edge but are positioned better (but still suck because the buttons are so tiny).  At least the same buttons on her controls are broken up by a line of chrome.

Yep, I agree. I thought that was the worst part of the Rangers interior. On the bronco, the switch gear is great, nice big buttons and knobs, but the plastic area around the knobs looks worse then the ranger. Maybe it’s part of some utilitarian design and it fits in better when we see the whole picture.

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

This fools really wearing a mask... alone...inside the car... INCORRECTLY.  ???

Yeah, it makes me laugh when I see people on the news wearing a face mask incorrectly, the nose is out on display......

Sure, the driver is in the car  and probably didn’t think about whether he would be snapped.

Edited by jpd80

41 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Yeah, it makes me laugh when I see people on the news wearing a face mask incorrectly, the nose is out on display......

I apologize if too inappropriate but your comment reminded me of this:

4b145ae160dd528c0c98eb87d6b069509ee64624

• Haha 4

On 5/26/2020 at 10:28 AM, FordBuyer said:

My 1985 Bronco ll had the swing out spare tire. I liked the cover on it with the bucking Bronco, but I hated the swing out feature. My wife's Rav 4 had the swing out spare tire and I hated that also and the vehicle in general. Not sure why Ford did the swing out tailgate on the Ecosport. Would be a dealbreaker for me and probably many others since it doesn't sell well.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:24 PM, rmc523 said:

https://www.tflcar.com/2020/05/ford-bronco-infotainment-manual-transmission-news/

TFL truck speculated that it's the same 12" display the new F-150 will use, with the earlier photos probably being a 8 or 10 inch unit.

Comparing the identical switchgear beneath the screen between the Bronco and F-150 spy shots, I'd agree with that 12" assessment:

2021-bronco-display screen.jpg

Get a Look at the 2021 Ford F-150's Screen-Heavy Dash

The Bronco setup is missing ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. I hope that's just because it's a base trim and not available.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:49 PM, jpd80 said:

I'm amazed that these oversized displays are not regarded a a driver distraction,

yeah I know most people set up everything before driving off but then you see

people mucking about with them while driving down the freeways or surface roads.

I think the larger display is less distracting because its easier to read, so less time with eyes off the road.

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

The thing with all of the other screens is you can see the entire dash and how the screen integrates. On the Bronco, you can't really tell how well it blends with the surroundings.

8 hours ago, probowler said:

This fools really wearing a mask... alone...inside the car... INCORRECTLY.  ???

Any time we are on company property we are required to wear a mask, even when walking from the car into a building. Overkill for sure but rules are rules. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

The Bronco setup is missing ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. I hope that's just because it's a base trim and not available.

I don’t think it’s a base trim. Knowing ford, you probably can’t get the larger screen on lower trims.

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Any time we are on company property we are required to wear a mask, even when walking from the car into a building. Overkill for sure but rules are rules. 

It's the same rule at the company I work for in Massachusetts. I hate the mask, but I get the point of wearing it.

57 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

It's the same rule at the company I work for in Massachusetts. I hate the mask, but I get the point of wearing it.

Latest poll shows that only about 50% would take the vaccine even if and when it's available. Less than 50% get flu shots every year. So we are fighting 2 viruses...the virus itself and the anti science crowd. So I expect the virus to be with us for years somewhere lurking.

6 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Latest poll shows that only about 50% would take the vaccine even if and when it's available. Less than 50% get flu shots every year. So we are fighting 2 viruses...the virus itself and the anti science crowd. So I expect the virus to be with us for years somewhere lurking.

If I don't already have the antibody when tested or if a doctor recommends it, I'm going to take the vaccine. It's better not to fool around with this disease. A doctor knows more about this than I do.

8 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Why is it that we have to choose sides on every issue and the only 2 choices are the extreme left or extreme right?  I think it's a combination of fake news and confirmation bias perpetuated by social media.  If you think the states should reopen with precautions you don't care if people die.   If you think we should take a vaccine you're just trying to track me.   It's ridiculous and needs to stop.  Somewhere in the middle is all the common sense we seem to have lost along the way.

• Like 12