Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why is it that we have to choose sides on every issue and the only 2 choices are the extreme left or extreme right?  I think it's a combination of fake news and confirmation bias perpetuated by social media.  If you think the states should reopen with precautions you don't care if people die.   If you think we should take a vaccine you're just trying to track me.   It's ridiculous and needs to stop.  Somewhere in the middle is all the common sense we seem to have lost along the way.

well put...the rhetoric has become tiresome....as for polls, I don't take much umbrage to how Americas thought patterns and opinions are focused when the poll is based on 650 individuals who answered their landline....ahem..

Edited by Deanh

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

agree....remember when there wasn't social media and instant rush to judgement knee jerk reaction (judge/jury/executioner mentality) within 2 minutes of story going public. Seems like eons ago.

alas we now live in a world of Keyboard Jurys.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

The Bronco setup is missing ventilated seats and heated steering wheel. I hope that's just because it's a base trim and not available.

My guess is it's a low optioned high trim model, because it does have the massive center screen. We saw a smaller screen in other spy shots, which presumably would be lower trims.

So think of Edge ST - where the "base" ST (400A) comes with heated seats standard, but you have the option of the 401A package that adds cooled front seats, heated rear seats and a bunch of other gizmos.

I think Mustang is like this too, so it's definitely not unprecedented at Ford.

Do we even know if ventilated seats are going to be an option? I went to the Jeep website and didn’t see it as an option on the rubicon. I would assume the bronco and the Jeep probably have a waterproof material of some sort for the seats which might make it harder to have ventilated seats. 

9 hours ago, probowler said:

The Bronco Nation forum is definitely corporate, they actually region-locked the website to US-only lol

842143311_Screenshot_2020-05-28BroncoNation.png.eed7da875dce557fd04c0171dc8d2f1f.png

A lot of sites do that over GDPR laws outside of the US.  They don't want to deal with user-protection laws.  Many of my clients do the same thing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

yes, and now the world is full of subject matter experts on every topic....even if that expert may have just discovered said topic

Sometimes it's just a way for alpha types to hijack threads and turn them into them and us battlefields.

It normally takes a page or two for the masks to come off and the insults to really get going.

We need some new vehicle releases to get everyone's minds back on why we're here on BON.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Do we even know if ventilated seats are going to be an option? I went to the Jeep website and didn’t see it as an option on the rubicon. I would assume the bronco and the Jeep probably have a waterproof material of some sort for the seats which might make it harder to have ventilated seats. 

They'd better be.  I love having them.  Who cares what Jeep has, Bronco should have them.

I like the ventilated seats too, but those require a perforated seating surface, and I’m not sure you can have that with a waterproof material. I don’t know how the seats work, but I’d imagine there’s some sort of tubing that pumps the air. Imagine if it started raining when you had the top off. That tubing would just fill up with water

That is the one thing I’ve been wondering about-how they are handling weatherproofing the interior when you have the top off and it rains. I’m still scarred to this day of seeing a late 1980s vette with its top down and a downpour happening and it getting completely soaked inside. 

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I like the ventilated seats too, but those require a perforated seating surface, and I’m not sure you can have that with a waterproof material. I don’t know how the seats work, but I’d imagine there’s some sort of tubing that pumps the air. Imagine if it started raining when you had the top off. That tubing would just fill up with water

I suspect you could solve this with either a one way valve similar to a check valve and/or by providing drainage holes in the tubing.

2 hours ago, buddysystem said:

In that video, around 0:34 the drivers side rear wheel is braking while a left turn in happening.  What is that?

Same thing that happens with stability control.  The inside rear wheel brakes helping the front to turn.  This appears to be the 4wd version.