Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

5 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

I found it interesting to note that while working on month-end inventory sales reports that Ford has added the Bronco Sport to one of the reports. They have not yet added the Bronco. Per usual, Ford Dealers have no information as we'll all find out when the public does!

IC..Just wait..Farley is  the best car marketing guy in the world..or so I read 10 years ago?

Just now, Bob Rosadini said:

IC..Just wait..Farley is  the best car marketing guy in the world..or so I read 10 years ago?

LOL! I'm still trying to figure out what Farley has actually accomplished of any substance and worried about Ford appointing him as the heir apparent. Seems a lot like Mark Fields 2.0.

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

LOL! I'm still trying to figure out what Farley has actually accomplished of any substance and worried about Ford appointing him as the heir apparent. Seems a lot like Mark Fields 2.0.

Hang in there Joey-just make sure you have a good inventory of Fusions.  Based on what I see around here the buying public still doesn't get the message that sedans are out!

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I found it interesting to note that while working on month-end inventory sales reports that Ford has added the Bronco Sport to one of the reports. They have not yet added the Bronco. Per usual, Ford Dealers have no information as we'll all find out when the public does!

You won't see anything for the dealer end out of Ford for Bronco until the reveal. 

The concern I have is that the Broncos could  be lost in a sea of new releases and promotions from competitors,

the air waves are going to be bombarded with all kinds of announcements and offers. The products are great but

Ford needs to keep them in front of potential buyers.

Edited by jpd80

• silvrsvt changed the title to Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier JULY
3 minutes ago, 17F150RR said:

Ford’s website has this exact photo but still says Spring 2020. 

https://community.thebronconation.com/bronco-brand-reveal-july-2020/

The Bronco Nation is Ford's front end run by one of their ad agencies for the Bronco and Bronco Sport...so what they pretty much say is the same as Ford saying it. 

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

SIGH...

101848731_160690555492441_3459619229492314112_o.thumb.jpg.fb4b800c3ce98cc6ffd20d74b828069a.jpg

Honestly at this point the reveal is a bust, show it and move on, it’s going to sell regardless. Grand theater is not going to resonate well at this time, plus they over hyped it way too much. Last time Ford did this we ended up with Edsel and we all know how that hype turned out; let the internet do its thing, worst case now it is going to be meet with blow back as a redneck racist vehicle. Ford MUST have a very diverse group speaking at the reveal if they are doing a large event.

Don’t get me wrong it is a great vehicle but the timing is very bad. The full size Bronco photos should have been released a month ago with some bits of information, followed by Bronco sport photos this month and some information, done a media preview of both in August. There’s going to be confusion from the car buying public with the different sizes already. There way to much potential for downside than upside with how they are managing it.

Fords eco-chamber is alive and well with this, I can already see a board room of this pitch. A group of mid 50’s/60’s white men, a late 40’s mom and an early something 30 year old with daddy issue telling them how great their ideas are for the launch. 

3 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Honestly at this point the reveal is a bust, show it and move on, it’s going to sell regardless. Grand theater is not going to resonate well at this time, plus they over hyped it way too much. Last time Ford did this we ended up with Edsel and we all know how that hype turned out; let the internet do its thing, worst case now it is going to be meet with blow back as a redneck racist vehicle. Ford MUST have a very diverse group speaking at the reveal if they are doing a large event.

Don’t get me wrong it is a great vehicle but the timing is very bad. The full size Bronco photos should have been released a month ago with some bits of information, followed by Bronco sport photos this month and some information, done a media preview of both in August. There’s going to be confusion from the car buying public with the different sizes already. There way to much potential for downside than upside with how they are managing it.

Yeah I think they might be just fucked no matter what...but also how much attention is going to be really given to a car launch that it becomes a national debate topic?

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I think they might be just fucked no matter what...but also how much attention is going to be really given to a car launch that it becomes a national debate topic?

If it’s done wrong or can be perceived that way by some it will be the poster for everything that is wrong with systemic racism in the United States.

Doesn’t matter on facts it’s just the illusion of fact and it’s over. It’s a big event and organizers look for big events to hijack for their own cause. 

14 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

If it’s done wrong or can be perceived that way by some it will be the poster for everything that is wrong with systemic racism in the United States.

Doesn’t matter on facts it’s just the illusion of fact and it’s over. It’s a big event and organizers look for big events to hijack for their own cause. 

Yup, I hate it, but it's probably the best move. If they tried to announce it now they would get so much shit form social justice warriors, it would be nuts. Best for Ford to try and ride out the storm.

The internet is an amazing place, it's also a horrible shit hole.

• Like 2

As I said over at Bronco6g, I don't see it being a virtual reveal as a big deal.  The reality is, none of us were going to the event, so it'd be virtual for us regardless.  The only thing we'll miss is the video overviews we see from auto writers (the ones where they'll stand next to it and talk about it and then hop in the vehicle etc.

They could easily do a zoom thing where reviewers are able to ask questions, and could do close up videos.  Perhaps that's why they're waiting until July - to sort out exactly what they want to do.  The don't want this to turn into some Covid hotbed event, and they want to let the protest stuff hopefully die down by then.

I'll just be happy to see pictures in different trims, colors, etc.

54 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

As I said over at Bronco6g, I don't see it being a virtual reveal as a big deal.  The reality is, none of us were going to the event, so it'd be virtual for us regardless.  The only thing we'll miss is the video overviews we see from auto writers (the ones where they'll stand next to it and talk about it and then hop in the vehicle etc.

They could easily do a zoom thing where reviewers are able to ask questions, and could do close up videos.  Perhaps that's why they're waiting until July - to sort out exactly what they want to do.  The don't want this to turn into some Covid hotbed event, and they want to let the protest stuff hopefully die down by then.

I'll just be happy to see pictures in different trims, colors, etc.

As long as it doesn't get F****d like the Expedition reveal was, they could use Facebook live again, or YouTube like Mach-E. Both platforms have live comments someone could monitor and pass along to whoever is the MC for the deal. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As long as it doesn't get F****d like the Expedition reveal was, they could use Facebook live again, or YouTube like Mach-E. Both platforms have live comments someone could monitor and pass along to whoever is the MC for the deal. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Mach-E reveal was great. Expedition was a disaster. 

100% agree - Expy was terrible, Mach E was good, even if the initial "welcome" talk was long winded when people just want to see the car.

I think they learned from Expy and did better with Mach E, so they'll likely learn from Mach E too - I'm sure they put it a few weeks out so they can make it great.