Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

12 hours ago, rmc523 said:

100% agree - Expy was terrible, Mach E was good, even if the initial "welcome" talk was long winded when people just want to see the car.

I think they learned from Expy and did better with Mach E, so they'll likely learn from Mach E too - I'm sure they put it a few weeks out so they can make it great.

I wonder how much money ford spends on these reveals? I don’t remember the expedition reveal, but I’ve watched the explorer, escape and mach e since then. I thought all of them were terrible. I mean who really wants to see some guy talk for 20 minutes who is terrible at public speaking? I also don’t want some stupid Q&A with idris Elba, or some overly cheesy song and dance like the escape had. Every car reveal I have seen (not just ford) has felt very amateurish. Just produce a well made video showing the vehicle in action. Get mike Rowe or whoever to do a voice over telling us all we need to know. Give out professional photos and have some actual vehicles there for the press to take pictures of. It doesn’t seem that hard.

Edited by T-dubz

9 hours ago, tbone said:

Looks like the Bronco Raptor is anticipated to come a year after launch with the 3.0 ST Motor...

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/ford-bronco-raptor-to-reportedly-share-engine-with-explorer-st/amp/

We already know that the “regular” Ford Bronco will be powered by Ford’s twin-turbo 2.7L EcoBoost V6 engine...……..makes me question the validity....WE all know the 2.3 will be the regular drivetrain no....trust me Id be ecstatic if it was the 2.7 just seriously doubt that being reality...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tbone said:

A few interesting tidbits about the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands reportedly riding on steelies and some tire talk. 

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/autos/2021-ford-bronco-badlands-reportedly-151500810.html

that seems to be a big mistake. I could see offering steelies on the real bronco since I’m sure many people will want to upgrade to larger tires, but that’s not going to happen on the sport. Most people who buy the sport will just keep the original wheels. If this true, I won’t be buying the badlands trim.

14 hours ago, T-dubz said:

that seems to be a big mistake. I could see offering steelies on the real bronco since I’m sure many people will want to upgrade to larger tires, but that’s not going to happen on the sport. Most people who buy the sport will just keep the original wheels. If this true, I won’t be buying the badlands trim.

They might be doing what they did with the RS-offering two sets of tires for an additional cost-off road set and an on road set. 

45 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

What ever they do, let's hope given the performance Farley and Hackett gave in the Explorer launch video, their participation is limited.  Perhaps I'm wrong but I thought they were terrible- a couple of cold fish!

Farley has gotten better but Hackett still takes forever to say nothing IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MKX1960 said:

Badlands is probably at or near bottom trim. I'd expect fancier/larger wheels on the upper trims.

As I understand it, the trim levels are, Base, Big Bends, Outer Banks, Bad Lands and First Edition

5 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

As I understand it, the trim levels are, Base, Big Bends, Outer Banks, Bad Lands and First Edition

This is from the article posted above.  " We don't know where the Badlands stands in the hierarchy".

Most people associate steel wheels with base models. On a “premium” product, that is unacceptable. Even the escapes base model doesn’t have them. And no bronco sport is going to be doing hardcore off-roading where they need the added durability of steel wheels.

*is there a way to turn off the automatic underlining of certain words? That’s the most annoying and un-needed feature ever.

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

That's just awful.... They should have stuck with Custom, XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer/Platinum/Whatever and First Edition which is fine for a one-off.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They could've kept the regular Ford trim names, and then had Big Bend, Outer Banks, Badlands be special edition models every few years in the form of Bullitt, Mach 1, etc.

this is probably the best idea I have heard. They would be like a new Bronco Eddie Bauer 

7 minutes ago, probowler said:

Why are we assuming these steelies are production wheels? Isn't it more likely that this is a testing vehicle and ford doesn't need $1000 wheels just to rack up miles?

Not necessarily. Every aspect of the production vehicle needs to be tested for real world durability, even wheels. Not much point in offering cool looking factory wheels that crack/dent the day you leave the lot because Ford didn't do their due diligence during road testing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boredinbirmingham said:

T steel wheels serve two purposes to me:

1. The nostalgia factor, some may buy for that reason.

2. The buyer will be replacing them immediately after purchase.  

I think the steel wheels should be an option on every trim.

All of that really depends on who actually ends up buying the bronco sport. In my opinion, people looking for nostalgia will buy a real bronco. People who are looking for an alternative to an escape will buy the sport. People who want to buy custom wheels and tires for off-roading will buy a bronco. How many renegades or compass or cherokees do you see with custom wheels? I think the renegade and compass actually offers steel wheels but only on its base model, and that’s probably because they are $22k tiny vehicles that they are trying to save money on. From what I can find, the cherokee does not offer steel wheels.

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Heaven forbid Ford try something new and exciting instead of the same old worn out 30 year old trim names.

Not to mention they most likely don't have a licencing deal with Eddie Bauer...plus whats the point of paying a company to use their name on your product?!