Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Years ago the Toyota fans were really disappointed when the 4Runner got IFS, thought it got too soft. Toyota listened, and came out with a more focused off roader, the FJ Cruiser, which still had IFS. Now the hardcore put their money where their mouth is and just restomod old FJs, instead of hoping for a new Toyota 4x4 with SFA. 

You realize they discontinued the FJ Cruiser in 2014 because of lack of sales, right. Has a loyal niche following, but didn’t sell in meaningful numbers.  see below it’s rumored replacement.  

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/toyota-allegedly-bringing-tj-cruiser-crossover-concept-to-production/

Last year Jeep sold 228k Wranglers so they are doing something right, Ford’s dealers are hyped after the meeting so it sounds like they will have some good Broncos to put up as alternatives to Jeep . Just offering something different is sometimes all it takes to turn around a bit of customer apathy, Bronco doesn’t have to match Wrangler in every department, just the ones that matter to the majority of buyers.

1 hour ago, pictor said:

You realize they discontinued the FJ Cruiser in 2014 because of lack of sales, right. Has a loyal niche following, but didn’t sell in meaningful numbers.  see below it’s rumored replacement.  

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/toyota-allegedly-bringing-tj-cruiser-crossover-concept-to-production/

The FJ was also HIDEOUS and that played a big part in its demise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JX1 said:

You sure about that? I'm going to send you a PMed attachment, because I thought those are pilots? And before that tooling testers.

As for first prototypes to MP1, wouldn't that be 20 mos and not 14? Because Apr 19 vs Dec '20?

Also, good to hear that about MAP.

VP1 basically is tooling tryout, next comes Pilot Production (PP builds), then MP1and so on until Job 1. I know the timing to be true from talking to the shop manager about it a few weeks ago. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedHoncho01 said:

Automotive News reported this over the weekend:

https://www.autonews.com/dealers/ford-plans-bronco-reveal-march-dealers-learn-details

The Bronco will be revealed in March 2020 with sales to begin in early 2021.

Bronco Sport (Baby Bronco) will be revealed in April 2020 with sales to begin this fall.

https://www.motor1.com/news/399000/ford-bronco-march-reveal-date/

motor1 said this as well. The article mentioned that the bronco and bronco sport will both be available as two and 4 doors. I seriously doubt the sport will be a 2 door

1 hour ago, probowler said:

If by any chance any of our resident ford employees are ever blessed with a pre-production vehicle lease or test, I hope you'll be willing and able to provide us your thoughts and impressions!

I probably won't get to actually drive one, but if the have an event like they did for the Ranger launch I'll be able to sit in a few and ride in one. I'll post my impressions like I did for Ranger. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RedHoncho01 said:

Anyone know if both the Bronco and the Bronco Sport will be built at Michican Assembly?  I read once where the Baby Bronco would be produced at Louisville Assembly and ride on the new Escape Platform.

Yes Bronco Sport is  on C2 but will be  built at Hermosillo 

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

I have...2 as a matter of fact.  Had the beginning of death wobble on the first.  So far, so good on this one.

If Ford put IFS in the Super Duty as an option, I'd buy it in a heart beat over SFA.

Never had DW in any of my SD’s, what exactly do you think you would gain with IFS?? There is no discernible difference in on road driving characteristics between GM HD’s and the SD. Even some reviews comparing the 2020 GM HD versus SD actually say the SD had better driving characteristics.

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

VP1 basically is tooling tryout, next comes Pilot Production (PP builds), then MP1and so on until Job 1. I know the timing to be true from talking to the shop manager about it a few weeks ago. 

VP vehicles I thought were the first set of vehicles built wearing sheetmetal? Then tooling tests are when they test out tooling, followed by PP trucks (in summer).

That's been the case on everything I've read, like for '15 F150. June 2013 was the first VPs, followed TT in 2014 and then PP F150s summer '14. Production F150s started in late fall, then dealers in Dec 14. The diagrams I'm gonna send you show that.

41 minutes ago, JX1 said:

My friend told me last week, it's gonna be at the STAR in TX. I don't know what that is

https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/

Private venue in Dallas.  ???

Don't suppose your friend said when it was booked for?

eta: more details, apparently Ford already owns/sponsors some space there.  It would make sense as an option.

Connected to the World Corporate Headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys, Ford Center is comprised of a multi-purpose, 12,000 seat, indoor stadium as well as the entire Dallas Cowboys football operations and practice fields. The indoor stadium at Ford Center provides a state-of-the-art facility shared by the Dallas Cowboys, City of Frisco and Frisco ISD. The longstanding partnership that Ford and North Texas Ford Dealers have enjoyed with high school football and the Dallas Cowboys made Ford Center a seamless fit.

Edited by Stampede.Offroad

On 2/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, jpd80 said:

There may indeed be a special model that does that, I don't think it's healthy to dwell on it 

as though it's a deal breaker to anyone but the most extreme enthusiasts.

You guys have made it very clear that your support of Bronco is conditional on certain non-negotiable items,

That's fine but, don't pretend  that your prerequisites align with the broader buying public and their preferences.

You guys crack me up reading your all or nothing posts, raw emotion heart on a sleeve stuff but you're gonna

be burned out well before the official reveal. You come here to try needling us but the point is that you guys have

nowhere else to go once your disdain for IFS is revealed, no matter how much you try to dismiss it, IFS is what

the new Bronco has, get over it or just walk away.

LOL every thread on BON is like this. Especially the Med Duty Truck thread. It's more about the truck experts showing off all of their supposed expertise all the while pretending to be Ford loyalists. The double scam.

I plan on going to the NYIAS auto show if the Bronco/Bronco Sport is going to there...already asked the wife if she wanted to. She's kinda interested in the Mach E (wants to see in person) but seems excited for the Bronco Sport because its like her 2010 Escape, which she loved. 

1 hour ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/

Private venue in Dallas.  ???

Don't suppose your friend said when it was booked for?

eta: more details, apparently Ford already owns/sponsors some space there.  It would make sense as an option.

Connected to the World Corporate Headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys, Ford Center is comprised of a multi-purpose, 12,000 seat, indoor stadium as well as the entire Dallas Cowboys football operations and practice fields. The indoor stadium at Ford Center provides a state-of-the-art facility shared by the Dallas Cowboys, City of Frisco and Frisco ISD. The longstanding partnership that Ford and North Texas Ford Dealers have enjoyed with high school football and the Dallas Cowboys made Ford Center a seamless fit.

If they do unveil it there, it is only a mile or two away from the new Toyota USA HQ in Plano...

• Thanks 1