Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, SteelyD said:

LOL every thread on BON is like this. Especially the Med Duty Truck thread. It's more about the truck experts showing off all of their supposed expertise all the while pretending to be Ford loyalists. The double scam.

I think the scam is people that go along with everything/anything Ford does..

Edited by Steve557
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/

Private venue in Dallas.  ???

Don't suppose your friend said when it was booked for?

eta: more details, apparently Ford already owns/sponsors some space there.  It would make sense as an option.

Connected to the World Corporate Headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys, Ford Center is comprised of a multi-purpose, 12,000 seat, indoor stadium as well as the entire Dallas Cowboys football operations and practice fields. The indoor stadium at Ford Center provides a state-of-the-art facility shared by the Dallas Cowboys, City of Frisco and Frisco ISD. The longstanding partnership that Ford and North Texas Ford Dealers have enjoyed with high school football and the Dallas Cowboys made Ford Center a seamless fit.

Ford debuted the Expedition there a few years ago, so they've done it before. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JX1 said:

VP vehicles I thought were the first set of vehicles built wearing sheetmetal? Then tooling tests are when they test out tooling, followed by PP trucks (in summer).

That's been the case on everything I've read, like for '15 F150. June 2013 was the first VPs, followed TT in 2014 and then PP F150s summer '14. Production F150s started in late fall, then dealers in Dec 14. The diagrams I'm gonna send you show that.

He said VP1, I took that to mean they renamed the TT phase. He could have mis-spoke. 

32 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Ford debuted the Expedition there a few years ago, so they've done it before. 

I was thinking they debuted it at the old Cowboys practice facility at Valley Ranch, but it looks like it was the new place at Frisco. Ford has had a long association with the Cowboys (I often listen to the Cowboys' radio call during their games, and they mention the F-Series being the official truck of the Cowboys just about every time they go into or come out of a commercial break), and Texas is a huge truck market, so it's not that much of a surprise that they'd intro the Bronco there.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

He said VP1, I took that to mean they renamed the TT phase. He could have mis-spoke. 

As explained to me, the tooling prove out was successful last March and prototypes were built in April.

Beyond that Ford would be making a few here and there for various testing  and fine tuning / training purposes.

7 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I was thinking they debuted it at the old Cowboys practice facility at Valley Ranch, but it looks like it was the new place at Frisco. Ford has had a long association with the Cowboys (I often listen to the Cowboys' radio call during their games, and they mention the F-Series being the official truck of the Cowboys just about every time they go into or come out of a commercial break), and Texas is a huge truck market, so it's not that much of a surprise that they'd intro the Bronco there.

If they want to tie it to football, shouldn't they introduce it in Denver?  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You clearly don't read everything. I got one will gladly rip them a new one when I feel like they deserve it. 

I heard hooked on phonics was having a special since your clearly having trouble with things.... might take you a while to find it though internet tough guy...

2 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

I heard hooked on phonics was having a special since your clearly having trouble with things.... might take you a while to find it though internet tough guy...

So calling out someone as an internet tough guy just makes you look like a douche...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, akirby said:

No it’s people who think Ford has to build what they want instead of what the other 99.99% want.

Someone should tell the over 200k people that buy Jeeps that no one wants SFA. If we were here bitching about putting say the 7.3 in the new Bronco I would get your point. 

I do however think there is a fairly large percentage of perspective buyers that would prefer a SFA. 

2 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

Someone should tell the over 200k people that buy Jeeps that no one wants SFA. If we were here bitching about putting say the 7.3 in the new Bronco I would get your point. 

I do however think there is a fairly large percentage of perspective buyers that would prefer a SFA. 

And yet again, the Bronco is not a Wrangler clone and the vast majority of rock crawlers and serious off roaders are used cars

99% of new Jeeps are mall cruisers.

• Thanks 1

Just now, silvrsvt said:

And yet again, the Bronco is not a Wrangler clone and the vast majority of rock crawlers and serious off roaders are used cars

99% of new Jeeps are mall cruisers.

Sure, but as I previously said SFA has other advantages even if your not building a rock crawler or serious off-roader.

Most new Jeeps are indeed mall crawlers which to me shows that SFA is not a deterrent to most casual buyers and keeps the more involved buyer happy. That seems like a win-win to me??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve557 said:

Sure, but as I previously said SFA has other advantages even if your not building a rock crawler or serious off-roader.

Most new Jeeps are indeed mall crawlers which to me shows that SFA is not a deterrent to most casual buyers and keeps the more involved buyer happy. That seems like a win-win to me??

Death wobble is an advantage? LOL

People buy Wranglers because they think they cool-pure aesthetics. They also have a history which helps, but the average car buyer seems to buy in impulse more often then not. People buy a Wrangler then get rid of them fairly quicky because they are rough around the edges. 

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Death wobble is an advantage? LOL

People buy Wranglers because they think they cool-pure aesthetics. They also have a history which helps, but the average car buyer seems to buy in impulse more often then not. People buy a Wrangler then get rid of them fairly quicky because they are rough around the edges. 

The point is that it does not  deter casual buyers. If the Bronco is “pure cool” then it should sell with a SFA by your logic too??  Your just proving my point that SFA captures the largest amount of prospective buyers by saying people buy on impulse anyways.

Must have missed the part where I said DW was an advantage?? Something caused by wear items (or lately in Ford’s case poor quality OEM parts). So nothing in IFS wears out it and causes front end issues?? 

Edited by Steve557

13 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

The point is that it does not  deter casual buyers. If the Bronco is “pure cool” then it should sell with a SFA by your logic too??  Your just proving my point that SFA captures the largest amount of prospective buyers by saying people buy on impulse anyways.

Must have missed the part where I said DW was an advantage?? Something caused by wear items (or lately in Ford’s case poor quality OEM parts). So nothing in IFS wears out it and causes front end issues?? 

You are the one hung up on SFA, not I. I have no issue with a IFS on my Bronco I'm getting. If there is only one product offering one style of suspension-that one will win by default. The Bronco is not going to be a Wrangler clone, which your apparently hung up on. 

The DW issue is endemic to Jeeps due to suspension changes and other things the Wrangler is endemic to. When a IFS part wears out, it doesn't cause (in most cases) a car to become dangerous to drive over 40 MPH. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

download (4).jpg

Your schtick is getting old Skippy. Time for a new tune.

Edited by MY93SHO

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

You are the one hung up on SFA, not I. I have no issue with a IFS on my Bronco I'm getting. If there is only one product offering one style of suspension-that one will win by default. The Bronco is not going to be a Wrangler clone, which your apparently hung up on. 

The DW issue is endemic to Jeeps due to suspension changes and other things the Wrangler is endemic to. When a IFS part wears out, it doesn't cause (in most cases) a car to become dangerous to drive over 40 MPH. 

Your really going around in circles but anyways you proved my point with win-win casual and hardcore buyers... Thanks!

Most cases of part wear on a SFA do not cause DW either. If people can’t maintain the front suspension on a vehicle then it shouldn’t be going down the road anyway.

10 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

If SFA doesn't deter buyers, then IFS shouldn't either.

The Wrangler is the only thing of its kind on the market.  You can't possibly say that SFA doesn't deter buyers.  Who's to say it wouldn't sell 10% more with IFS?

I think for this type of market SFA does attract buyers but time will tell with the Bronco. I don’t think it impacts Jeep market much and it would probably lose 10% without SFA too.

• Haha 1