Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

It boils down to this for me:

The front/Grille- Easily the best part of the Bronco. I love the logo, the headlights the grille and front fenders.

Middle (4 door) I like the Range Roverish look. I like the closed gestalt of the style. Every line has a purpose. This pic makes it look blander that it should be, especially that we've been waiting 5 freakin' years for this. Now as I said, I'm not an SUV buyer anyway. There is nothing from Chevy, Toyota, Honda, Nissan that compares. I do like the style of the Lincoln SUV/CUVs better as I also like Land Rovers style more.

The tailgate /swing gate. - Spot on perfect for this type of retro truck.

I like the cohesiveness of the design, it doesn't look like it's a bunch of cobbled together parts like Wrangler and does look more robust, especially with the monster tires. Toyota's FJ cruiser from years ago was a total joke to me.

Just now, 02MustangGT said:

True, but I’m inclined to think that the Windows could be “fake” and or blacked out for another purpose.  Considering the paint looks legit.  Either way, I love the 2 door.  

I don't know how common it is, but I've seen clay models that are fully painted. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

What makes you think it’s a clay model?  Looks painted/clearcoat and has a fender sticker/badge   Nothing about that screams clay model to me. 

They can paint it to look real.  Aside from the aforementioned solid windows, you also can't see any of the suspension components that are in the spy shots of a real vehicle.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

I've seen prototypes like that with the black windows because there was no interior.

I don't think a clay model would have real wheels.

Sure they can.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

They can paint it to look real.  Aside from the aforementioned solid windows, you also can't see any of the suspension components that are in the spy shots of a real vehicle.

Sure they can.

I stand corrected.  Supposedly this is also a painted clay model.

J1HK8B-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

I'm also decidedly unwowed. I like it, but I don't instantly love it, im not sure why. Maybe white is just a weird color... In some ways I almost prefer the 2094 concept. 

Hopefully it looks better with normal lighting and angles. 

Im 100% certain due to the crappy shot, there are significant details that cannot be seen...I always reserve my opinion for the final shots, but am seriously impressed even with these "Fuzzy's"..( and pun intended, Fuzzy is STILL abiding by the embargo, but hes one that could basically clarify a LOT )

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

If the two door didn’t have the little uptick right behind the door, it would look a bit better. I think that mixed in with the plastic trim on the door and the colored pillar is making it look weird.

I think you’ll find that the raised section houses the convertible roof mechanism 

Edited by jpd80
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The two door looks like a first gen Bronco

Looks more like the Bronco II in my opinion. Also looks a bit too stubby but that might be the camera angle as others have suggested. The ass-end looks chopped off. The comment about needing wheelie bars is funny but I think geometry says just the opposite. A shorter overhang means the weight of a trailer would have less leverage, not more. 

So far I'm likin' the four-door better.

15 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

They're both legit.

4 door is production spec build.

2 door is a slightly older clay study.

Enjoy. The wave is starting.

confirmation!...and I think the 2 door in final form will be somewhat cleaner...awesome sauce

• Like 2

So one of my biggest questions is how exactly the roof is going to work. If there is a true convertible softtop, then won't that somewhat interfere with cargo storage and access to the bed?  Think about your normal convertible, that roof is going to come down and take a lot of space, and it's going to basically fill the bed... 

Unless they have somehow designed a way for it to fold and sink down and into the floor. If such a mechanism did exist, you'd have to remove the hard panels (if they are stored in the bed) preseumably to make room.   It's been claimed that the roof is powered (press a button)  so I'm doubting this part, but you could still do it, you'd just have to clear the bed.

My other idea, is perhaps it can stow in an "Upward position, up against the hardpanels in some fashion? This would allow free and normal storage access to the bed.

Anyone have any theories or thoughts on this?

Edited by probowler

24 minutes ago, probowler said:

So one of my biggest questions is how exactly the roof is going to work. If there is a true convertible softtop, then won't that somewhat interfere with cargo storage and access to the bed?  Think about your normal convertible, that roof is going to come down and take a lot of space, and it's going to basically fill the bed... 

Unless they have somehow designed a way for it to fold and sink down and into the floor. If such a mechanism did exist, you'd have to remove the hard panels (if they are stored in the bed) preseumably to make room.   It's been claimed that the roof is powered (press a button)  so I'm doubting this part, but you could still do it, you'd just have to clear the bed.

My other idea, is perhaps it can stow in an "Upward position, up against the hardpanels in some fashion? This would allow free and normal storage access to the bed.

Anyone have any theories or thoughts on this?

perhaps it rolls up in the roll cage???