Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I wonder if the tailgate has an electric rear window?  It looks pretty tall.  My 19 JLUR Wrangler rear soft top window can be a PITA to load the cargo area.  A glass window could work with both hard and soft tops. It would have to be a rugged design but it's been done before.  Might need to talk my wife into a Bronco or me and she gets the Jeep  ??

19 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

I wonder if the tailgate has an electric rear window?  It looks pretty tall.  My 19 JLUR Wrangler rear soft top window can be a PITA to load the cargo area.  A glass window could work with both hard and soft tops.

That would be my guess.  It would make storing the soft top and hard top 10 times easier.

It looks good enough. Very conservative design, nothing Earth shattering.  

Maybe the interior has some neat things but so far, I’m not seeing anything that justifies how long it took to finally get this thing out.  Should do well though assuming it’s not priced like recent Fords (cough Explorer cough).  Realistically the power train will be its biggest claim to fame. The rest is good but not really anything special (like the Ranger) 

5 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

Maybe the interior has some neat things but so far, I’m not seeing anything that justifies how long it took to finally get this thing out.  Should do well though assuming it’s not priced like recent Fords (cough Explorer cough).  Realistically the power train will be its biggest claim to fame. The rest is good but not really anything special (like the Ranger) 

Conservative?  You must be joking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-150 said:

I'm loving it. 

IMO, they've nicely balanced the Wrangler fighter with Shopping mall grade SUV.

It is rough and tough enough to be a true off-road SUV, but civilized enough to be a daily driver or load up the family and take a road trip across the country.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Conservative?  You must be joking.

Not at all.  Slab sides, basic door handles.

The grille has some character but the rest looks rather generic.  I see a lot of the Wrangler influence in the design which is a little disappointing.  Idk maybe it was the entirely too long ramp up or the spy shots but, like others here, I wasn’t wowed.  

That being said, once the official press shots drop, I may change my tune.  But that deliberately released factory pic is pretty detailed.  

43 minutes ago, sho94_2000 said:

You have to remember though, It's not simply the goal to "look good". Ford wants this thing to PERFORM and live up the Bronco name. Much of that time was probably spent beating it to hell and making sure this thing is tough.

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

In other words it looks exactly like a Bronco and nothing like a Wrangler.

The two door pays homage to the original, except it comes with the rear wheel wells pre-cut for fender flares!

Edited by CoolScoop

1 minute ago, sho94_2000 said:

I’m not seeing anything that justifies how long it took to finally get this thing out.  

The thing is that Ford stepped on their dick with the whole launch with this-it was purely bad timing and planning.

Bringing back the Ranger was instrumental in making this happen, but NA didn't get on board with that program til was almost too late. That is why the current Ranger is just a placeholder til the new one comes out in the next 18-24 months. 

The next gen Ranger/T1 platform work started around the time that the new Bronco and Ranger where announced. That has been the driving force of why the Bronco is coming out when it was coming out.

Bronco mania was soft booted in 2004 with the first Bronco concept...but the way the market changed at the time (gas pricing and SUV's becoming undesirable because of this) killed off any hope that had. We've had rumors for years after that and the rumors finally because the truth thirteen years later! Thats quite a bit of time-the anticipation of the Bronco has gone off the deep end in the past 24 months-you know there is a huge amount of interest in it when Wheeler Dealers does a 1990 era Bronco and they are mentioning the 2021 product for crying out loud! 

I do have to say that I'm slightly impressed so far that they haven't stepped on their dicks with the styling of it with all the anticipation its had. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buddysystem said:

I wonder if the tailgate has an electric rear window?  It looks pretty tall.  My 19 JLUR Wrangler rear soft top window can be a PITA to load the cargo area.  A glass window could work with both hard and soft tops. It would have to be a rugged design but it's been done before.  Might need to talk my wife into a Bronco or me and she gets the Jeep  ??

I'd love to see that setup.

17 hours ago, probowler said:

I'm also decidedly unwowed. I like it, but I don't instantly love it, im not sure why. Maybe white is just a weird color... In some ways I almost prefer the 2094 concept. 

Hopefully it looks better with normal lighting and angles. 

2094 concept - sheesh mister time traveler!  Ford sure is waiting a long time to unveil that one!

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I think you’ll find that the raised section houses the convertible roof mechanism 

Hm, interesting.

15 hours ago, probowler said:

I think you're right.

Took some digging but I found the old patent photos; I know they were posted here before but I hadn't seen all of these. Maybe that 6G forum ain't so bad.

2021-ford-bronco-soft-top-retractable-ro

At the same time though, I'm not exactly seeing any of this here in the topless Bronco spy phto:

2021-ford-bronco-photographed-uncamoufla

2021-ford-bronco-photographed-uncamoufla

i-wsmzmfp-x4-copy-1582660388.jpg?crop=1.

Source

The talk was that the setup pictured there would be a sort of fabric roof that could be put up when you had the hardtop off.

15 hours ago, probowler said:

My question is how does this work on the 2-door?  The slanted roll bars go don't extend to the tailgate like the patent photo, so how is this part covered?

I read a post on 6G where someone suggested the large visor area might be where they are storing the cloth now.

That was my theory, though I had forgotten about those patent drawings when I suggested it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

2094 concept - sheesh mister time traveler!  Ford sure is waiting a long time to unveil that one!

Hm, interesting.

The talk was that the setup pictured there would be a sort of fabric roof that could be put up when you had the hardtop off.

That was my theory, though I had forgotten about those patent drawings when I suggested it.

Right on time... here comes Jeep version

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/10/jeep-wrangler-sky-one-touch-power-top/

4573A9C9-E48E-433A-AFD0-58C2FB9AFC27.jpeg

25 minutes ago, blazerdude20 said:

That's been out a few years now.  Jeeps is instead of a hardtop (well, half hard top, half soft top).

Ford's looks like it'll have a hardtop and this rollout fabric thing will be under the hardtop.

Edited by rmc523

36 minutes ago, blazerdude20 said:

riding home was thinking about this as I sat behind a Mercedes convertible , magnetic grey with "burgundy" interior and roof, and Ive seen Porsches the same way...dig the combo. If the retractable roof comes contained in two or three crossbars, ( which is cool as you don't have to cover the entire roof, and if its manual saves potential future issues ) aside from being an easy install summer upgrade, how cool would it be if the soft roof was avail in  colors other than Black to match interiors?...Imagine the same grey / burgundy combo with matching sort top!...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Hm, interesting.

Im thinking its like the cargo covers in the back of the SUVs. Cylinder that clicks ito receptacles then one pulls out the cover , in this case roof, and theres Velcro ties to stop flapping.....just a guess though...but kinda makes perfect sense...