Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

similarities for sure...I mean if you just had two silhouettes for sure, my wife thinks Im Brad Pitt in the dark....differences are in the details...and those are significant...digging that TWO door...Manual trans here I come....would be nice with the 23.7 but Im betting the row your own crowd will be limited with the 2.3, which is all sincerity, given how peppy the Ranger is...is absolutely fine with me...

Wow, didn't know Ford was working on such a motor!  ?

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't think so. There's already enough confusion between the 2 as it is, revealing them both together won't help that at all. 

I actually think the opposite - I think that'd be the clearest way to do it.  Introducing the Bronco family........Here's the Bronco - the legend.  And here along side it is its' baby brother - Bronco Sport.  These two models form the foundation of our new Bronco family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't think so. There's already enough confusion between the 2 as it is, revealing them both together won't help that at all. 

Why not?  I think seeing them side by side would prevent confusion.  Right now people see the Bronco name on 2 different vehicles and don’t know what to think.  At least at the same event, Ford could help distinguish the market for each and explain why Bronco is becoming a family of products.  

• Like 2

Just now, 02MustangGT said:

Why not?  I think seeing them side by side would prevent confusion.  Right now people see the Bronco name on 2 different vehicles and don’t know what to think.  At least at the same event, Ford could help distinguish the market for each and explain why Bronco is becoming a family of products.  

That's exactly how I feel about it.

the only problem with showing both would be the spotlight gets taken away from one, and in this case it'd be the Bronco Sport.

Just now, rmc523 said:

That's exactly how I feel about it.

the only problem with showing both would be the spotlight gets taken away from one, and in this case it'd be the Bronco Sport.

By splitting them you can generate buzz twice and you can highlight and focus on each one better.

OTOH it would be nice to have them all together at the same time.

4 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I guess that make sense. I was thinking it would be better to separate the 2 so they have more time to explain the differences between them

• Like 1

It’s a tricky situation for sure. Separate events means more publicity. But it also means you have to pick which one goes first. You don’t want to lead with the  bronco sport since that would confuse people. If you lead with the bronco, you avoid any confusion, but then the bronco sport reveal would seem a bit anticlimactic and almost like an after thought.

an event together would showcase the new bronco family while clearly differentiating the two different models.

The other reason I don't think it's a good idea to reveal both at the same event is just to keep it concise. The longer the presentation is the more people you lose as it goes on, especially after the hour mark. Personally I thought the Mach-E reveal dragged on a little too long before they actually got to the car. Keep it short and sweet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Maybe they reveal Bronco first and show a Bronco Sport "concept" at the same time.   Then have a separate detailed reveal for Bronco Sport.

Exactly. If interests starts fading due to "sticker shock", roll out the (hopefully) less expensive alternative.

HRG

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Maybe they reveal Bronco first and show a Bronco Sport "concept" at the same time.   Then have a separate detailed reveal for Bronco Sport.

Eh, this close to debut of the Sport, I don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The other reason I don't think it's a good idea to reveal both at the same event is just to keep it concise. The longer the presentation is the more people you lose as it goes on, especially after the hour mark. Personally I thought the Mach-E reveal dragged on a little too long before they actually got to the car. Keep it short and sweet. 

That's something to consider too.

Showing both Broncos together would give Ford the perfect opportunity to talk about them at the same time and discuss the difference. People then come away with an understanding that there’s a Bronco for them.

Separate them and you risk setting the Bronco Sport up as being not quite the real Bronco.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-150 said:

IMO  this looks much more like a Defender 110 than a Wrangler.

Apparaently you need your eyes checked and glasses because it can only look like a Bronco and absolutely nothing else and you’re crazy to think think it even resembles anything else.  

And I’m the broken record jeeze.  
———————————

Don’t know why people take it so personally when someone voices that it looks like another vehicle.  It doesn’t affect you.  It doesn’t have any bearing on your life.  Stop being so closed minded and chill.  (Not directed you you J)

6 hours ago, Trailhiker said:

Are those are tie-down handles near the front of the hood, or latches for the hood itself?

I'm trying to figure how the roof panels come off when the cargo rails seem to be in the way.

Maybe if you have a canoe or something large strapped to the roof, those allow cables to be secured to the hood as well.

1 hour ago, sho94_2000 said:

Apparaently you need your eyes checked and glasses because it can only look like a Bronco and absolutely nothing else and you’re crazy to think think it even resembles anything else.  

And I’m the broken record jeeze.  
———————————

Don’t know why people take it so personally when someone voices that it looks like another vehicle.  It doesn’t affect you.  It doesn’t have any bearing on your life.  Stop being so closed minded and chill.  (Not directed you you J)

Saying it looks like a Wrangler implies they copied Wrangler rather than creating a modern version of a Bronco and it’s patently false.  

5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

lol...Bronco first saw light of day in 1965, Wrangler didn't see light of day till 1987....now wheres that pot stirring emoji....

That’s pretty disingenuous... the “Jeep” (CJ and Willy’s) eventually became the wrangler but the DNA still carried over heavily. If anything more so than the Bronco, for better or worse.

Edited by Nickp

1 minute ago, Nickp said:

That’s pretty disingenuous... the “Jeep” became the wrangler but the DNA still carried over. If anything more so than the Bronco, for better or worse.

Ford and Willys both came out with GP vehicles at the same time for WW2 also.

• Like 4