Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

29 minutes ago, Nickp said:

That’s pretty disingenuous... the “Jeep” (CJ and Willy’s) eventually became the wrangler but the DNA still carried over heavily. If anything more so than the Bronco, for better or worse.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSH....I left Willys out deliberately...but lets be real...the Willys looks as much like the Wrangler, as the new Bronco looks like....( fill in blank )

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nickp said:

That’s pretty disingenuous... the “Jeep” (CJ and Willy’s) eventually became the wrangler but the DNA still carried over heavily. If anything more so than the Bronco, for better or worse.

Lets really get everyone going...International Scout anyone?....lol...lets be real here...they ALL have similar silhouettes...like I said...differences are in the details...I like em all....cant wait till this release...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I’d actually like to see a version that doesn’t have a removable roof. While it’s a cool feature, I’d never take the top and I’d rather have a quieter cabin. It won’t happen which is why I’d like to see the Everest come to the USA too. The bronco would be the wrangler competitor and the Everest would be a 4Runner competitor.

I agree with that. I like the black one and would prefer the roof was non removable.

23 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Move the spare where?

Either under or inside. I know the old Bronco's mounted the spare on the back, but it looks kind of clunky and in the way to me. Perhaps, with a cover on it the look would be less offensive.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Saying it looks like a Wrangler implies they copied Wrangler rather than creating a modern version of a Bronco and it’s patently false.  

Lol wow.  You’re just looking to be offended at this point.  Whatever dude.  

“Looks like” or “getting Wrangler vibes” does NOT imply Ford copied it (although how many spy pics were there with a Wrangler in tow?).  

I think you’re smart enough to understand what people are saying.  Just like with the sloping roof on the Aviator make it look like a Range Rover with the side profile.  I see many things that remind me of Jeep.  I see many things that do not look like the Jeep.  

Bottom line....it’s ok that people say it looks like the Wrangler and it shouldn’t effect you at all.  Certainly not to the point you are lashing out at people’s ocular health. There’s no implication, there’s no malice.  Relax.   

32 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

Looking at the rear corner makes me think Ford truck.

Same here. That rear quarter looks very much early Bronco to me. If all you look at is the upper rear corner of the roof, maybe that looks Jeep-y, but that’s just a minor part, IMHO. 

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

Either under or inside. I know the old Bronco's mounted the spare on the back, but it looks kind of clunky and in the way to me. Perhaps, with a cover on it the look would be less offensive.

41 minutes ago, akirby said:

Decemberish.....

I’m sure December can’t come soon enough for you guys at MAP. I’m sure your launch will be a success. Ford can’t afford another bad launch. I’ve seen them here at Oakville in the past and the recent Chicago mess. They better get it right man.

44 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

Function > Form.  It's a lot easier than dealing with it under, and storage space would get pretty tight with inside stowage, especially the 2-door.

I'm actually impressed the Sport has it on the rear.  It's more convenient and I like that old school look myself.  Perhaps there will be an option on the 4-door for internal stowage.

1 hour ago, MKX1960 said:

OK, take one minute and look where the rear axle is and the bumper is.  Even inside it's tight and takes up way too much space. Are you going to use a 12-inch tire?

2 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

OK, take one minute and look where the rear axle is and the bumper is.  Even inside it's tight and takes up way too much space. Are you going to use a 12-inch tire?

It wouldn't be the first Ford vehicle to come with a can of fix-a-flat,,,,,

HRG

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

It wouldn't be the first Ford vehicle to come with a can of fix-a-flat,,,,,

HRG

There's a reason every single hardcore 4x4 has a fullsize spare and not a box full of fix-a-flats  Even the Defender rocks an external spare.

But if that doesn't matter to you, you could always remove the spare tire and the carrier yourself. More than a few people have done that mod to their full-size broncos.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

I'm seeing 100% Bronco and 0% Wrangler... starting to get the impression that this reveal/launch is going to be a jaw dropping, game changing moment with many unique new and patented features and trim/performance levels to suit a very wide range of tastes.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

I'm seeing 100% Bronco and 0% Wrangler...

People say Wrangler because there really isn't anything else on the market like the Bronco...even though they don't look alike.

Its like calling the Camaro a Mustang ripoff or vice versa. They are both coupes with long hoods and short trunks...thats about it. 

No one appreciates the little details cars and trucks have to make them look different, outside of their 2/3 box shapes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

People say Wrangler because there really isn't anything else on the market like the Bronco...even though they don't look alike.

Its like calling the Camaro a Mustang ripoff or vice versa. They are both coupes with long hoods and short trunks...thats about it. 

No one appreciates the little details cars and trucks have to make them look different, outside of their 2/3 box shapes 

Dudes-opinion.gif