Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

That roof rack looks like it will work with the front roof panels off.  BTW, the fuel tank on the Wrangler is forward of the rear axle.  Not sure anyone does that anymore since the Pinto days.  Just the muffler in back.  One thing my Wrangler does have in the cargo area that is handy is a small trunk under the cargo panel.  It's handy for tow straps, off road accessories etc.  It could certainly be bigger.  Hopefully Ford took advantage of this space.

54 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I wonder who will go all out in making the new Bronco more retro....someone somewhere will have some wheels made like this, and get some paint work done....maybe even me....lol... 

bronco classic.jpg

Someone over at Bronco6g did this:

bronco-maxslider-light-jpg.4949

• Like 1

Lets stop this "Wrangler vs.Bronco" bullcrap.

The traditional Jeep design and the Bronco will always be connected. Ford built more "Jeeps" in WWII than Willys-Overland did! Ford built the Military "Jeeps" like the M151 into the 1980s.

In other words, the Bronco and the modern Jeep share lineage.

PS: On a side note, Ford of Brazil actually bought Willys of Brazil. So you had Ford badged "Jeeps" in Latin America:

in-brazil-the-ford-f-75-pickup-started-o

b7da7921255dd67ee99fc59405a25aca.jpg

So quite the whining...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

Lets stop this "Wrangler vs.Bronco" bullcrap.

The traditional Jeep design and the Bronco will always be connected. Ford built more "Jeeps" in WWII than Willys-Overland did! Ford built the Military "Jeeps" like the M151 into the 1980s.

In other words, the Bronco and the modern Jeep share lineage.

PS: On a side note, Ford of Brazil actually bought Willys of Brazil. So you had Ford badged "Jeeps" in Latin America:

in-brazil-the-ford-f-75-pickup-started-o

b7da7921255dd67ee99fc59405a25aca.jpg

So quite the whining...

Really love those Ford trucks based on the Willys wagon and truck.  Saw my first one in person at a car show last summer.  Really want one.  Rare in the US for sure.

I love the way this looks definitely a good blend of design cues from the original and the Bronco 2. This makes me believe there might be a bigger full size Bronco in the works based on the perceived size. Does anyone have any idea if this will be under 30k starting or a little over? 

As I was typing this I read the news about the cancelled event. Hopefully they can do a Livestream controlled event a little later this month to finally reveal the Bronco and it's specs.

• silvrsvt changed the title to Bronco world premier March 18th 2020(?), Bronco Sport April 2020

"Ford Motor Co. is delaying the reveal of its highly anticipated off-road Bronco SUV amid the spreading coronavirus, the Dearborn automaker said Friday.

"We have postponed it and will be rescheduled as soon as possible," spokesman Mark Truby said on a conference call.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/03/13/ford-delays-bronco-debut-amid-coronavirus-fears/5041679002/

• Like 1

Just now, mackinaw said:

"Ford Motor Co. is delaying the reveal of its highly anticipated off-road Bronco SUV amid the spreading coronavirus, the Dearborn automaker said Friday.

"We have postponed it and will be rescheduled as soon as possible," spokesman Mark Truby said on a conference call.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/03/13/ford-delays-bronco-debut-amid-coronavirus-fears/5041679002/

?...makes no sense...just take some official photos instead...last I looked nothing was transmitted from Photographs. Although truth be told maybe my computer will get a virus...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

?...makes no sense...just take some official photos instead...last I looked nothing was transmitted from Photographs. Although truth be told maybe my computer will get a virus...

The official press release is delayed...we will get some more leaked photos in the mean time I bet. We still need to see more of the 2 door :)

• Like 1

The automotive press is normally invited to these things.  Lots of reporters sitting in prototypes, all within a few feet of one another.  I imagine this is why the event was postponed.

What's a few more weeks?  We've already waited several years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

The leaks used to fill the gap better be epic as this has been my one relief from all of the Kung Flu and political news. 

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/bronco/

Get one of these to keep you occupied until it's finally revealed!  Watch the rock crawling and stream fording video...  they have amazing technology and capabilities, plus they're ready-to-run.  My son and I have a blast with ours!!

Edited by CoolScoop