Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Guys.... I think I have a problem, I might be obsessed. Or I'm psychic, either way I just had a dream where I got to "sit" inside the new Bronco!

So Ford did something new, they implemented a VR "Sneak peak" of the Bronco where you actually get to sit inside the driver seat, but you're only given quick short flashes of the vehicle interior as you turn your head and look around. Here's what I know:

The front seats fold back almost flat, the headrest converts into a pillow.

Middle seats can fold down flat.

There's 2 small 3rd row seats

The instrument cluster was blue

There's no more tablet infotainment system

heated and cooled seats

That's all I remember. I'll update you guys if I have any more visions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Deanh said:

?...makes no sense...just take some official photos instead...last I looked nothing was transmitted from Photographs. Although truth be told maybe my computer will get a virus...

The safety of the people there is one one thing, but I bet ford is also thinking that it’s pretty hard to compete for attention with Coronavirus dominating all the headlines. I was actually really looking forward to the reveal so I could escape all of the Coronavirus news for a day.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

The safety of the people there is one one thing, but I bet ford is also thinking that it’s pretty hard to compete for attention with Coronavirus dominating all the headlines. I was actually really looking forward to the reveal so I could escape all of the Coronavirus news for a day.

No kidding. When I went to lunch on Thursday, even ESPN had wall-to-wall CoronaVirus coverage.

Then again, with everyone losing their ever-lovin' minds over this and canceling the hell out of everything, what else is there to cover?

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

No kidding. When I went to lunch on Thursday, even ESPN had wall-to-wall CoronaVirus coverage.

Then again, with everyone losing their ever-lovin' minds over this and canceling the hell out of everything, what else is there to cover?

Exactly! ESPN doesn't have anything else to air.

• Haha 1

Speaking of sports, I'm pretty bummed NCAA canceled all tournaments.  Not into March Madness.  I'm into the Frozen Four.  Our state's Hockey Team, UND Fighting Hawks, were ranked #1 in the Pairwise rankings.  After a couple of years of mediocre play, they were doing really well.  Vegas had them as the odds to win it all.  Now it's all gone...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

https://traxxas.com/products/landing/bronco/

Get one of these to keep you occupied until it's finally revealed!  Watch the rock crawling and stream fording video...  they have amazing technology and capabilities, plus they're ready-to-run.  My son and I have a blast with ours!!

My son has the Raptor version. Traxxas make some great products for a reasonable price for what they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 92merc said:

Speaking of sports, I'm pretty bummed NCAA canceled all tournaments.  Not into March Madness.  I'm into the Frozen Four.  Our state's Hockey Team, UND Fighting Hawks, were ranked #1 in the Pairwise rankings.  After a couple of years of mediocre play, they were doing really well.  Vegas had them as the odds to win it all.  Now it's all gone...

Most of this hysteria has bordered on comical (OMG! There's a virus that causes respiratory distress! Let's buy all the toilet paper!), but this part is downright tragic. I don't really care that much about the pro sports--they're grown-ups who can cry all the way to the bank--but these kids are, for the most part, just screwed. Especially those seniors whose careers are ending prematurely. Here's your first lesson in life, kid: life's hard and then you die.

And it's not just the collegiate athletes--my brother's kids' soccer leagues canceled all of their games. I hope you enjoyed that one game you got to play, kid.

20 minutes ago, SoonerLS said:

Most of this hysteria has bordered on comical (OMG! There's a virus that causes respiratory distress! Let's buy all the toilet paper!), but this part is downright tragic. I don't really care that much about the pro sports--they're grown-ups who can cry all the way to the bank--but these kids are, for the most part, just screwed. Especially those seniors whose careers are ending prematurely. Here's your first lesson in life, kid: life's hard and then you die.

And it's not just the collegiate athletes--my brother's kids' soccer leagues canceled all of their games. I hope you enjoyed that one game you got to play, kid.

Yep, and our State High School basketball tournies were cancelled.  Not only a loss for the players and fans, but a loss in community income.  All those hotels and eateries that would have made money.  Gone...

• Like 1

A few of you have mentioned this idea but I'm starting to think the idea of a online-launch might be the way to go. Sony is set to finally release some new PlayStation 5 news tomorrow and I can't help but think that the timing is just too perfect for such big online reveals as the PS5 and the Bronco. Now that everyone is stuck at home makes this the perfect time to pounce!

Come on Ford! If we have to be stuck inside, give us pictures and videos of the Bronco to drool over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, probowler said:

A few of you have mentioned this idea but I'm starting to think the idea of a online-launch might be the way to go. Sony is set to finally release some new PlayStation 5 news tomorrow and I can't help but think that the timing is just too perfect for such big online reveals as the PS5 and the Bronco. Now that everyone is stuck at home makes this the perfect time to pounce!

Come on Ford! If we have to be stuck inside, give us pictures and videos of the Bronco to drool over!

I think Ford is counting on all of the reviewers that post videos on YouTube to put their spin on things. A lot of those guys have a massive following and are pretty well trusted. That stuff goes a long way to sell vehicles.

An online reveal makes 100% sense. Lets face it, even vehicle presentations, whether at an existing auto show or standalone event tend to have a livestream. Just cut out the event portion and put it online.

YouTubers won't get to drive these things for months yet......it needs to be officially revealed first.

Personally, whilst the Bronco and F150 interest me (hey, it's a Ford, so.....).....it's really the '21MY Mustang I'm waiting for........especially the Mach 1. I appreciate this virus is serious and people's lives are on the line, but as a car enthusiast this thing sucks. We're just coming into Spring when our Garage Queens should be attending the first car events of the year and everything is being cancelled or postponed. As a Mustang enthusiast, I need my fix and I'm going a little stir crazy waiting on Mustang news! So, please do an online  reveal Ford.  We're just under a month away from Mustang's 56th birthday, so an April 17th reveal would be appreciated :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MKX1960 said:

This got about 15 comments on Yahoo when I noticed it this morning, most of them negative. That's why I doubt they'll do an online of the Bronco.

A facebook post is hardly a reveal. I would still include a small number of journalists and youtubers to record some test drives and first impressions, maybe a livestream on FB and YT from Ford, and try to make it a little more of an Event.

A big thing on right now is Streaming "concerts". People stuck at home watching their favorite music artists doing live shows online.    I'd try to aim for something like that if they go that route.

10 minutes ago, snooter said:

First edition is of some interest...if we can be build it and strip the garbage off we do not want...

Good luck with that Snotter.

I'm sure they'll let you chose bias-ply tires and vacuum wipers too.

Edited by MY93SHO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, snooter said:

First edition is of some interest...if we can be build it and strip the garbage off we do not want...ifs is still deal breaker...heeps wont be going anywhere due to mods/expense factors

Remember snoot, what they're showing is the order info for the Escape-based Sport. Wait for the real-deal,,,,

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

50 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Remember snoot, what they're showing is the order info for the Escape-based Sport. Wait for the real-deal,,,,

HRG

I was hoping to talk my wife into a Bronco to replace her Edge, but I really like the Bronco Sport.  I think she will like the Sport better than the real Bronco, too. 

Note:  I’m not giving up my Mustang. ?