Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I kinda wish they would have just stuck with xl, xlt, etc. The names remind me too much of jeeps naming structure. And seriously, a first edition? Is ford going to do first editions on every vehicle now? I’m also really surprised that it also has the 1.5L. I was thinking/hoping the 2.0 would be standard. Even though all the trims have 4x4 next to their name, I’m guessing that is an option since I don’t think they offer the 1.5 with 4x4 (could be wrong on that). I think the tires are the same size as the escape too. From what we can see from the order guide, this vehicle seems to be a bit underwhelming. I knew this was going to be based off of the escape, but it sounds like mechanically it IS an escape, which brings me back to the price discussion. If the sport comes standard as a 4x2 with a 1.5L, the same as the escape, how is ford justifying the price increase? I was ok with it being more expensive if it came with a 2.0 or 4x4 standard, but if it’s the same thing as an escape, I’m not paying more. Let’s hope theres a lot of cool options or other standard features that just aren’t shown. The colors do sound cool and I like that it’s going to have darker wheels, but I wish black wheels were an option too.

Edited by T-dubz

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I kinda wish they would have just stuck with xl, xlt, etc. The names remind me too much of jeeps naming structure. And seriously, a first edition? Is ford going to do first editions on every vehicle now? I’m also really surprised that it also has the 1.5L. I was thinking/hoping the 2.0 would be standard. Even though all the trims have 4x4 next to their name, I’m guessing that is an option since I don’t think they offer the 1.5 with 4x4 (could be wrong on that). I think the tires are the same size as the escape too. From what we can see from the order guide, this vehicle seems to be a bit underwhelming. I knew this was going to be based off of the escape, but it sounds like mechanically it IS an escape, which brings me back to the price discussion. If the sport comes standard as a 4x2 with a 1.5L, the same as the escape, how is ford justifying the price increase? I was ok with it being more expensive if it came with a 2.0 or 4x4 standard, but if it’s the same thing as an escape, I’m not paying more. Let’s hope theres a lot of cool options or other standard features that just aren’t shown. The colors do sound cool and I like that it’s going to have darker wheels, but I wish black wheels were an option too.

I have to concur that the wheels seem kind of small, and how do you not have black wheels available in today’s day and age?  I’m also not particularly happy to see the 1.5L shown as an option. Hopefully what was shown is not reflective of everything that’s available. The full picture will be available soon, so patience is a virtue I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex D. said:

For some reason I was assuming powertrains would be the same. Oh well! I'll keep my fingers crossed until the official reveal.

How can powertrains be the same when one is longitudinal RWD/4WD and the other is transverse/FWD/AWD?

Not to mention the size difference.

Edited by akirby

10 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I knew this was going to be based off of the escape, but it sounds like mechanically it IS an escape, which brings me back to the price discussion. If the sport comes standard as a 4x2 with a 1.5L, the same as the escape, how is ford justifying the price increase? I was ok with it being more expensive if it came with a 2.0 or 4x4 standard, but if it’s the same thing as an escape, I’m not paying more.

Yes, it's just an escape with a new body.  Nothing more.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

How can powertrains be the same when one is longitudinal RWD/4WD and the other is transverse/FWD/AWD?

Not to mention the size difference.

I think he meant the same between the Escape and Bronco Sport. No hybrid on Bronco Sport but the Escape offers it.

4 minutes ago, valve said:

I think he meant the same between the Escape and Bronco Sport. No hybrid on Bronco Sport but the Escape offers it.

Oops my bad.

I expect the suspension and AWD components to be significantly different on Baby Bronco.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Oops my bad.

I expect the suspension and AWD components to be significantly different on Baby Bronco.

No worries. I should've clarified I was referring to the Escape vs Bronco Sport. I'd agree those components should be quite different as well.

16 hours ago, probowler said:

One of the leaks today said Sport was AWD only.

That was the early Intel on BS, yes it would be priced higher than Escape but also come with

more standard equipment like AWD and 2.0 EB. That kind of makes sense when now that 

most utility buyers bonfire AWD anyway. Would like to see 2.3 EB as high series option

just to keep things interesting.

Edited by jpd80

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

That was the early Intel on BS, yes it would be priced higher than Escape but also come with

more standard equipment like AWD and 2.0 EB. 

That’s my concern with people thinking this is a Renegade competitor. It’s a different Escape. My concern is it’ll be like the Patriot/Compass situation. 

4 minutes ago, sullynd said:

That’s my concern with people thinking this is a Renegade competitor. It’s a different Escape. My concern is it’ll be like the Patriot/Compass situation. 

Probably a compelling reason to show Bronco and Bronco Sport together to emphasize family connection

but to also show the differences between the two.

21 hours ago, akirby said:

Yes, it's just an escape with a new body.  Nothing more.

One of the options mentions a low roof or something like that-so that will be a significant change outside of looks or something. Might be a code for a large roof opening.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

One of the options mentions a low roof or something like that-so that will be a significant change outside of looks or something. Might be a code for a large roof opening.

Nah, not possible.  It’s just a gussied up Escape.  ;)

I expect some really unique features both in the body and drivetrain.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, akirby said:

Nah, not possible.  It’s just a gussied up Escape.  ;)

I expect some really unique features both in the body and drivetrain.

Im glad you are optimistic about it. Ford hasn’t done anything to show me that this will be anything but an escape with a different top hat. Putting the bronco name on it and still offering a 3 cyl makes me think this is just a money grab. I really hope you are right and I am wrong though. I will be in the market soon for a vehicle this size, and this is my only option left from ford.

5 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Im glad you are optimistic about it. Ford hasn’t done anything to show me that this will be anything but an escape with a different top hat. Putting the bronco name on it and still offering a 3 cyl makes me think this is just a money grab. I really hope you are right and I am wrong though. I will be in the market soon for a vehicle this size, and this is my only option left from ford.

I’m basing it on what we know so far about Bronco and Ford’s new attitude towards best in class products.  Obviously if they want to sell 100k they need a base version so the 1.5L makes sense.  But looking at the trim names and the low roof option tells me this will be more Bronco than Escape.

I would not be surprised to see the Corsair 2.3L PHEV Powertrain on a top end model next year.

• Like 1

Is Ford just going to LEAK and DRIBBLE out the announcement?  OR are they actually going to announce?   They are missing a REAL Opportunity.  EVERYONE is Home and has time to spend on one......they should do a virtual announcement and tie it to sometime of COVID 19 relief action or contribution........

7 hours ago, akirby said:

I’m basing it on what we know so far about Bronco and Ford’s new attitude towards best in class products.  Obviously if they want to sell 100k they need a base version so the 1.5L makes sense.  But looking at the trim names and the low roof option tells me this will be more Bronco than Escape.

I would not be surprised to see the Corsair 2.3L PHEV Powertrain on a top end model next year.

BS with Corsair power train choices?

Bring it on.

18 hours ago, Husker Fan said:

Is Ford just going to LEAK and DRIBBLE out the announcement?  OR are they actually going to announce?   They are missing a REAL Opportunity.  EVERYONE is Home and has time to spend on one......they should do a virtual announcement and tie it to sometime of COVID 19 relief action or contribution........

The company was waiting for the "perfect" reveal moment for Bronco and ended up getting caught waiting for something that will never come. They absolutely should not try to tie it to anything with the Pandemic, it should just release the videos they shot for the reveal and publish the specs.

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

Low roof option?

2020-Range-Rover-Evoque-First-Edition-in-Nolita-Grey.jpg

That would be cool, but I don’t see ford doing that on this vehicle. The wording that was used in the order guide was roof conversion, low opening. I could see it being some sort of roof cargo system, maybe like the xterra (storage compartment was on the lower part of the roof, maybe that’s what they mean by lower opening).2007-nissan-xterra-7.jpg

I’d say it’s a long shot, but maybe it’s something like this:ford-s-retractable-cloth-roof-patent-draford-s-retractable-cloth-roof-patent-dra