Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

True on the lack of impact on the Stock Price - but I've always thought these were more about building awareness and excitement about a future vehicle so that sales start off strong when the car is introduced.   Do an introduction now and it's hard to see how it will break through all the Covd 19 news coverage and or get people excited when they are probably stressing over staying healthy and hoping their retirement savings will bounce back.     Not to mention some forecasts are that unemployment claims will rise to 30%.      

It is mind boggling that all this economic destruction and disruption of lives is caused by a relatively small % of the population that will require hospitalization,  because even though that % of the population that will require hospitalization is small it will overwhelm our healthcare system . . . . It is just now that we are getting more companies to start building desperately needed ventilators and masks when back in December U.S. Intelligence agencies were reporting that China - despite their public comments - was facing a pandemic that could happen here?

44 minutes ago, Fordowner said:

It is mind boggling that all this economic destruction and disruption of lives is caused by a relatively small % of the population that will require hospitalization,  because even though that % of the population that will require hospitalization is small it will overwhelm our healthcare system . . . . It is just now that we are getting more companies to start building desperately needed ventilators and masks when back in December U.S. Intelligence agencies were reporting that China - despite their public comments - was facing a pandemic that could happen here?

Hopefully this will cause some changes in preparedness - having a stock of protective equipment and plans to increase production and funnel to where it's needed quickly.  Having predetermined levels of social distancing.   Businesses having a better plan to withstand a 2-3 week quarantine at a time.  Etc. etc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, passis said:

Are C1/C2 minimally "compatible" with B2/B3?

Ford build both on the B1 Fiesta/Mazda2 and C1 Focus/Mazda3 on the same line in Thailand and Taiwan and Mazda did it in Hiroshima. And for a brief time, Ford build B1 Fiesta in Valencia with both C1 and C2 Focus as well before Fiesta was consolidated at Cologne. So from a production standpoint, we know it's possible to accommodate. I would be surprised to learn if Ford can't build C2 and B2 on the same line.

The reason B1/C1 or B1/C2 joint assembly wasn't done in the Americas had to do with plant utilization, Govt subsidy, and tariff more than anything else. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I think you mean lifted Flex

59 minutes ago, 92merc said:

I think it looks like a lifted Flex...

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Damn, beat me to it. Damn panic buyers trapping me at the grocery store! 

Fixed it for both of you,,,,,

HRG

Edited by HotRunrGuy

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think this is the badlands trim. The order guide mentioned it had color bumpers. Looks pretty good.

C1B02476-590C-4ED0-9165-1F510F779F76.jpeg.d7f4e155020b8cfd057c8111e5a57840.jpeg

Also, looking at the original pic a bit more, it looks like there is a slight bump up starting halfway through the rear doors. Could this be part of the roof conversion that was mentioned? Maybe it’s just an optical illusion?

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

Could swear the Yusheng S330 and the Landwind X7 are based on an updated version of the original Escape. 

Perhaps but they originally had Mitsubishi engine in them that Yusheng was using for years.

FAPA in Aust only did the badge engineering to make the 330 look like a Ford.

Edited by jpd80

11 hours ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

From Ford's perspective - even though NOW is a fantastic time for a LIVE Bronco reveal...it's not idea for their stock price and that is what they care about. 

My guess is, they will wait until everything bottoms out first...and then do it, so they get a boost in stock price. 

They need a boost. The stock was just downgraded.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2020/03/23/fitch-downgrades-ford-bbb-lowest-investment-grade/2899141001/

7 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Perhaps but they originally had Mitsubishi engine in them that Yusheng was using for years.

FAPA in Aust only did the badge engineering to make the 330 look like a Ford.

All the Chinese cars use the same Mitsubishi 4G engine so that doesn't mean anything. It is the cheapest engine available so if you are building a cheap car in China, you use that engine.

Yusheng S330's origin is unclear but we know it was developed by Ford. The CD2 Escape theory is plausible because Ford Taiwan shipped the CD2 Escape tooling to China when production ended in Taiwan. But the evidence is circumstantial. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, bzcat said:

All the Chinese cars use the same Mitsubishi 4G engine so that doesn't mean anything. It is the cheapest engine available so if you are building a cheap car in China, you use that engine.

Yusheng S330's origin is unclear but we know it was developed by Ford. The CD2 Escape theory is plausible because Ford Taiwan shipped the CD2 Escape tooling to China when production ended in Taiwan. But the evidence is circumstantial. 

Everything is different compared to CD2 Escape, the 330/Territory is longer, wider and longer wheelbase.

Could it be that Yusheng changed the old platform enough in size shape and toolkit that it's now unique?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, probowler said:

Another Bronco Sport out in the wild, looking pretty sharp.

afnv50ml4wn41.jpg

This shot reminded me a bit of the LR4... but I actually like what Fords doing a bit better here. For stock, the wheels are kinda sexy too.

I actually like everything but the wheels. Below are two Jeep renegade wheels that are almost identical to the two wheels we have seen on the bronco sport. I wish ford would quit copying Jeep and go down it’s own path. Besides that though, the profile of the vehicle looks really good.jeep_renegade_2015_rims_lg.jpghigh_altitude_2019_renegade_wheels.jpg

• Like 1