Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Everything is different compared to CD2 Escape, the 330/Territory is longer, wider and longer wheelbase.

Could it be that Yusheng changed the old platform enough in size shape and toolkit that it's now unique?

I was remembering ford was sending the platform to JMC after escape production ended in the US.

Found an article here:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-maverick-to-be-produced-by-jiangling-motors-in-china-21803.html

Escape production ended in 2012. Landwind X7 production started in 2015. Seems kinda far, but who knows. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ausrutherford said:

One problem it is going to have is that big C-pillar for visibility.  

There's no way they're about to pull an FJ Cruiser?

Surely that thing has a purpose.... maybe the back opens up and converts into a pickup bed?

They're not sacrificing visibility for style points... I hope.

I'm not gonna lie... I'd have to at least check this thing out if I went to the dealer to look at the big Bronco. Even in camo this thing looks good.

I'm actually going to go ahead and predict that a high-end version of this could sell very well!  If not a Lincoln Bronco... What about a a Lincoln Bronco Sport??  Maybe this could slot below the Aviator.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

The roof looks solid all the way across on the profile view so I don’t think the roof will come off. Also, the antenna is pretty far back on the roof, so I don’t think the back will come off either. I think what you might be seeing are the panels of the lift gate where they meet the roof.

6 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I was remembering ford was sending the platform to JMC after escape production ended in the US.

Found an article here:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-maverick-to-be-produced-by-jiangling-motors-in-china-21803.html

Escape production ended in 2012. Landwind X7 production started in 2015. Seems kinda far, but who knows. 

Thanks for digging up that link, we know that Ford and it's Chinese partners were reusing older Ford/Mazda platforms,

the fact that they're lengthened and widened with new top hats, different power trains and electrical systems can all

be put down to an evolving of the Maverick into new affordable products for China.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

More like Focass... get it... because it's got a PHAT ASS,  heyooooo!

th?id=OIP.oQ5FtKAu494Tm8EqbU6UWgHaEK%26p

I'm not sold on the Escape's new styling, but that angle doesn't make it look bad at all. I kind of like that picture.

The only new escape I saw in person was in white which looked kind of "blah". I'd like to see black or this color to pass judgment. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

I'm not sold on the Escape's new styling, but that angle doesn't make it look bad at all. I kind of like that picture.

The only new escape I saw in person was in white which looked kind of "blah". I'd like to see black or this color to pass judgment. 

The back is the best part of the new escape

• Like 3