Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

This is the closest I can figure what might be going on there. It doesn't look like the whole roof will removebut maybe just some of those panels?

ford-bronco-patents-roof-003-720x340-jpg I

Edit: There's an antenna on the back there... so I have no idea lol.

Edited by probowler

9 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I don't know how you'd do a removable roof on a trucklet like this, especially when it looks like the doors have frames around the windows, but it sure looks like there are cut lines at the tops of the A, C, and D pillars...

I would assume that is for when the roof is a different color.  The dealer picture of the orange BrS had what looked like a white roof (maybe light grey).  The order guide said it was available with a black or grey roof.  Maybe the pillars are black either way and they needed a cut line for when it has a grey roof.  I would like to see it available with a rood matching the rest of the car.  i am thinking the pilars will be blacked out always but I guess they could be offered in the car color as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

I don't know how you'd do a removable roof on a trucklet like this, especially when it looks like the doors have frames around the windows, but it sure looks like there are cut lines at the tops of the A, C, and D pillars...

From this photo it appears the roof won't be removable, so all those cut lines must be intentional design details:

baby-bronco-bare-body-leaked-photo-1000x563.thumb.jpg.fa60042e50b12a0176b364db3dfff116.jpg

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Then again, if they did another vertical pillar, it'd look like Flex.....oh wait....

Breaking News:  New Ford patent utilizes triangular C-Pillars as design elements to cancel out the Flex Effect caused by contrasting roof colors!

Edited by CoolScoop

Every car need one design element that capture attention in one way or another. Generally, those design elements are controversial, some may look strange, but it is the elements that give character to the car, that make it recognizable and that put people to talk about it. For example, the strange roof of the 1986 Cougar, the rear end of the 1980 Cadillac Seville, or the black D pillar of the last Jaguar XJ ... This strange C-pillar is the characteristic element of the Bronco Sport ... people will talk about it and it will be its distinctive.

cougar.jpg

cadillac seville.jpg

xj.jpg

Edited by falconlover 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Perhaps it also has a structural purpose as well?

Considering the Escape doesn't have one nearly as thick, I don't think so.

I don't mind it, its just that the angles don't look like they are parallel to one another in some shots...

Part of me can't help but think this would make a really good PU conversion. 

The sloping rear panel would give it an explorer Sport Trac look. 

Not saying ford would do it, but i wouldn't be surprised to one day see the roof there missing off one of these. 

• Like 1