Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

20 minutes ago, boredinbirmingham said:

Yeah I hope this isn’t a sign of what to expect with the real Bronco.  

It's doubtful. We already know that they modified the T6 architecture to accommodate V engines specifically for the Bronco program; that's a lot of money to spend if they're just going to saddle it with little sister engines.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sullynd said:

You know this is the Bronco Sport, which is essentially a nicer looking Escape, right? I do wish there was a 2.3 option. 

You know he's only pushing the 2.7L because of the block material.....  borderline spammer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sullynd said:

You know this is the Bronco Sport, which is essentially a nicer looking Escape, right? I do wish there was a 2.3 option. 

It's a NICE looking SUV though... If it's supposed to be a cheap, slow little thing then I guess that's fine, but a go-fast limited version would be pretty sweet.

35 minutes ago, probowler said:

It's a NICE looking SUV though... If it's supposed to be a cheap, slow little thing then I guess that's fine, but a go-fast limited version would be pretty sweet.

There’s nothing weak about the 2.0 Eco. Car & Driver’s test of the 2.0 Escape had a 5.7 second 0 to 60 run and a 14.3 quarter mile. Those are V-8 pony car numbers from just a few years ago. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

There’s nothing weak about the 2.0 Eco. Car & Driver’s test of the 2.0 Escape had a 5.7 second 0 to 60 run and a 14.3 quarter mile. Those are V-8 pony car numbers from just a few years ago. 

Yes sir Trader 10. The 2nd generation 2.0L Ecoboost 4-cylinder with twin scroll turbo is peppy. Plenty of giddy up and go. It's a little noisy when revved, though that's not a big deal in an SUV. Also, the 2.0L doesn't suffer from the vibration and harshness issues that the 1.5L Ecoboost 3-cylinder does.

All in all, 2nd gen 2.0L Ecoboost 4-cylinder is perfect for Bronco and Bronco Sport. 

• Like 1

2.0 is fine. I actually really enjoy it in my current escape. I had wrongly assumed the sport would be fwd standard since it was getting the 1.5. I thought the escape was only available in awd with the 2.0, but I checked today and sure enough you can build an awd 1.5L escape. Has anyone driven that combination in the new escape? I wonder how it is? I guess it doesn’t matter though, I’d get the 2.0 anyways.

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Car and Driver tested 2020 Escape AWD 1.5L in the December 2019 issue. https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a30514411/2020-ford-escape-by-the-numbers/

Oh my, that review was brutal, the 1.5 EB dragon is a leading performer against other base models in this segment

but the interior is in their words "cheap and chinzy with lots of hard plastic everywhere", example of Jim Hackett's

cost cutting, bump up the price and make the base interior much harder to sell, forcing buyers into higher trims..

9 hours ago, akirby said:

1998 Mustang GT V8

225 hp, 290 lb⋅ft

2020 Corsair 2.0L Ecoboost

250 hp, 280 lb/ft

10 hours ago, NLPRacing said:

Have you driven anything with a 2.0L EB? 

No, I honestly haven't. The point is that better engines exist, so why not use them? Just because it's fine with some of you who don't care about speed, doesn't mean others wouldn't like to go faster. If yall like it, cool but I'd prefer something with more oomph. Comparing it to a mustang from 1998 is lame. If i'm going to pay big money for a new car, I want the fastest engine possible.

39 minutes ago, probowler said:
No, I honestly haven't. The point is that better engines exist, so why not use them? Just because it's fine with some of you who don't care about speed, doesn't mean others wouldn't like to go faster. If yall like it, cool but I'd prefer something with more oomph. Comparing it to a mustang from 1998 is lame. If i'm going to pay big money for a new car, I want the fastest engine possible.

You didn’t say you wanted a bigger engine,  You said the 2.0Leb was slow.  It’s not.  If you don’t understand the mustang analogy then you clearly don’t understand performance.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

You didn’t say you wanted a bigger engine,  You said the 2.0Leb was slow.  It’s not.  If you don’t understand the mustang analogy then you clearly don’t understand performance.

Whatever dude. You clearly like to argue just to argue. The 5.0 is objectively faster and more powerful, and by today's standards that makes the 2.0 slow. Fact.

Don't talk to me about performance while completely ignoring that the 5.0 exists.