Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

21 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

If you think I don't understand your argument, then you're missing the point.

Ford could tell us what the Bronco swinggate is, if it is different than what they currently describe as a swinggate.  Until then, the facts are that the Bronco is getting a device which up to this point Ford has only described as this thing which would greatly hinder the removability of the roof ...

swinggate.png.3316222d6dbe4827f1d8a6c55cb6c3cd.png

I don't think we're getting a traditional removable roof, i think there's always gonna be a frame type deal with large removable panels or some kind of crazy retractable awning as seen in the Ford patent reports. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, silvrsvt said:

i'm gonna bet the doors, hood, roof and other things like that are most likely aluminum

if roof is removable Id guess some type of composite....just to avoid denting when removed and in transit.

Why are people so preemptively skeptical?  Seems like a waste of time and energy. 

I'm hoping the Bronco Swing-gate will have a retractable rear window instead of the lift gate glass like the Wrangler, but I would expect something light weight and more affordable like the Wrangler solution.  It ultimately depends on how tall the greenhouse is, if the roof is chopped down enough and the belt-line high enough, then the rear window would be small enough to retract into the swing-gate.  But I think it's also been established that the rear tire is mounted to the swing-gate instead of a separate apparatus Old-School style.    

Edited by Assimilator

6 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

Why are people so preemptively skeptical?  Seems like a waste of time and energy. 

I'm hoping the Bronco Swing-gate will have a retractable rear window instead of the lift gate glass like the Wrangler, but I would expect something light weight and more affordable like the Wrangler solution.  It ultimately depends on how tall the greenhouse is, if the roof is chopped down enough and the belt-line high enough, then the rear window would be small enough to retract into the swing-gate.  But I think it's also been established that the rear tire is mounted to the swing-gate instead of a separate apparatus Old-School style.    

I wouldn't mind a retractable window either - though I assume that'd also mean no rear wiper?

On that Baja model, the roof did seem more chopped than I expected, so I don't know if that's an indication.

43 minutes ago, Assimilator said:

That's the thing, not sure about the wiper in a solution like that, although there have been designs that park themselves off the bottom of the glass.  There is also the issue of the spray nozzle.  

It would depend on how creative they were able to be with it but you could hide the wiper in the swing gate and integrate the spray nozzle into the wiper itself. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It would depend on how creative they were able to be with it but you could hide the wiper in the swing gate and integrate the spray nozzle into the wiper itself. 

The Aviator has a really cool wiper nozzle setup - the entire blade is the nozzle.

Explorer didn't get it, though.  My mom picked up her '20 ST last night and it has the regular nozzles under the hood.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Front or rear?

I was referring to the fronts of both.  I didn't think to see if Aviator got that setup for the rear wiper, but with the spoiler, I'd guess it's a normal setup....perhaps @Bellanca can chime in and let us know.  Explorer got regular nozzles all around.

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I was referring to the fronts of both.  I didn't think to see if Aviator got that setup for the rear wiper, but with the spoiler, I'd guess it's a normal setup....perhaps @Bellanca can chime in and let us know.  Explorer got regular nozzles all around.

Yeah it’s just a normal blade for the rear, I don’t think it would be as beneficial for the rear blade. I just like that it’s hidden beneath the spoiler. 

16 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Yeah it’s just a normal blade for the rear, I don’t think it would be as beneficial for the rear blade. I just like that it’s hidden beneath the spoiler. 

Oh yeah, I love how it's hidden on Aviator.   And hate that it's not on Explorer.

I'm hoping that Expy/Navi get that setup for a next gen model (I'm assuming they can't/won't make that change on a refresh)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Nickp said:

BuckedOff-Road on the Bronco6G forum just posted this render based on the Bronco R. Seems badass af to me.

0F14D435-3210-4862-921F-0E62F004059F.jpeg

I like it but rear visibility isn’t gonna be great with the tire up that high.

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The back pillar  is a little too upright compared to the real thing

the one behind the door or at the very back?

On 11/6/2019 at 1:39 PM, Assimilator said:

It's been awhile since I read through this thread, but I don't remember seeing anyone be skeptical? I do remember people (myself included) talking about their hopes and feature wishlists. 

Edit: oh there it is

Edited by probowler

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, Nickp said:

BuckedOff-Road on the Bronco6G forum just posted this render based on the Bronco R. Seems badass af to me.

0F14D435-3210-4862-921F-0E62F004059F.jpeg

like it...but cant imagine the rear overhangs being that short.../my guess. extend that a bit, leave roof the same, angle the rear window...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

like it...but cant imagine the rear overhangs being that short.../my guess. extend that a bit, leave roof the same, angle the rear window...

Good guess and on the money I'd think, now imagine  the longer wheelbase four door......

So how do you think buyers in Cali will respond to Bronco...

Perhaps the dip at the front of the hood is more pronounced like early Broncos.

1966-1977-ford-bronco-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

Good guess and on the money I'd think, now imagine  the longer wheelbase four door......

So how do you think buyers in Cali will respond to Bronco...

Perhaps the dip at the front of the hood is more pronounced like early Broncos.

1966-1977-ford-bronco-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

response wont be a problem...everytime somethings leaked I get phone calls...an awful lot of hype, more so than anything else I can recollect in quite a while...

• Like 1