Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

55 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Someone posted this over at Bronco6g and it's perfect:

20200115_220551.jpg

Let’s be honest here. All stock jeeps look weak (except rubicon). They only start looking “tough” after owners modify the hell out of them. Tell me the last time you saw a Jeep with the stock wheels and tires and thought it looked cool?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nickp said:

This is literally not true. I’ve wanted a 4-door Bronco from the beginning and wouldn’t even entertain a 2-door. I need the cargo space. How am I going to fit an elk into a 2-door??

LOL as if a petition did anything. I am one of the most active members on the Bronco6G forum and I do not and have never owned a Bronco. I drive a Jeep Wrangler. But I love Broncos, have always loved them, and I want Ford to kick ass with it and it seems they are going to. Sorry that I don’t have $40k kicking around to pick up a 1st gen because the full size Broncos aren’t comparable. 

Isn't that forum like 2 years old? 

On 1/14/2020 at 10:19 PM, silvrsvt said:

The doors should be removable, even without external hinges

I don't even think the Bronco had external hinges at all in any of its designs...so it wouldn't fit its DNA. 

I'm a little late to the party but are you referring to these? All 1st gen Broncos with the exception of the '66 Roadster had external door hinges just like my '75.

DSC00659.JPG.5bfc554da26fcb9d63a6f17072a32464.JPG

• Like 2

And BTW, I have no problem with there being both 2-door and 4-door versions of the new Bronco. If I were in the market for one I would probably go for the 4-door just because it would be more practical. If having a 4-door version is what it took to bring this vehicle to market then so be it. I obviously don't need another 2-door anyway. ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

I'm a little late to the party but are you referring to these? All 1st gen Broncos with the exception of the '66 Roadster had external door hinges just like my '75.

DSC00659.JPG.5bfc554da26fcb9d63a6f17072a32464.JPG

Good point, I was thinking the ugly external hinges that are on the Wrangler/CJ-5/7 over its life time

3 hours ago, probowler said:

Isn't that forum like 2 years old? 

My point is that Ford didn’t bring back the Bronco because of petitions or because you own a Bronco. They did it because Jeep has been killing it, and because they stopped being stupid. Ford has only really turned around in the past few years, arguably with the raptor.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:22 AM, akirby said:

For entertainment go read the comments on Road and Track or Car and Driver Facebook posts.

So it's a lifted Flex?

If it doesn't look like the Ranger mule I'm not interested.

etc. etc

There are also people that still think it’s going to have a solid front axle. ? It’s a T6 platform. It’s 100% going to be IFS like the Ranger.

44 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

There are also people that still think it’s going to have a solid front axle. ? It’s a T6 platform. It’s 100% going to be IFS like the Ranger.

Great for heep....not sure i would ever mention ranger in same breath as bronco ...we all know it will end up being a city soccer mommy vehicle and the 2 door will be promised in 2027....at this point many really dont care anymore...only positive is it may force heep to run some 2 door unlimiteds which would sell quickly...plus for ford is they can dump edge

10 hours ago, snooter said:

Great for heep....not sure i would ever mention ranger in same breath as bronco ...we all know it will end up being a city soccer mommy vehicle and the 2 door will be promised in 2027....at this point many really dont care anymore...only positive is it may force heep to run some 2 door unlimiteds which would sell quickly...plus for ford is they can dump edge

I rarely take the bait and I should hide posts from this person, but the fact is the Bronco is based on a very sturdy BOF T6 truck platform. It is also the basis of vehicles like the Ranger Raptor so I'd say that's a positive for off road. Also I've owned a lot of vehicles in my life and my Ranger FX4 is the best snow vehicle I've ever owned. It's amazing in the snow. Now shorten the wheelbase a bit and give it better weight distribution with an SUV body and this thing will be untouchable when it comes to traction.

When the 2 door comes out next year what will you say about your 2027 prediction? I get it you hate this vehicle... Well good... Don't buy one. If you really think it's just going to city soccer mommy low riding CUV then why waste your time even discussing it?

You really shouldn't drink and post. 

Edited by 2005Explorer
  • Like 1

I thought somebody in the know said a solid front axle would be an option?

I could see 2 variants for both Ranger and Bronco:

Raptor - Like F150 Raptor - made for desert running

An Offroad version with larger tires, solid front axle with beefed up components for rock crawling

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I thought somebody in the know said a solid front axle would be an option?

I could see 2 variants for both Ranger and Bronco:

Raptor - Like F150 Raptor - made for desert running

An Offroad version with larger tires, solid front axle with beefed up components for rock crawling

the SRA was something that was shared with me from someone in the inside as avail aftermarket, nothing was mentioned as to it being ordered from the factory pre-installed , maybe avail as a Ford Racing Part perhaps....so who knows, but I DO expect Ford to address after market BIG time with the Bronco...theres $$$$$ to be made...and for once Im hoping Ford does it internally rather than leaving it to outside companies...and IIRC there was mention of a "hard core" model in the lineup....so jurys out....

Edited by Deanh

While I would like to see a solid axle option as a trail rider/rock crawler (and owner of a 78 bronco on one tons).. The fact is that anyone doing things hardcore enough to require one is going to one tons anyway and at that point it doesn't much matter what it came with because you're cutting it up and fabricating mounts anyway. IFS has come a long way since the early days and is just as strong in comparable setups... and is a better option in go fast/desert situations. I don't see it affecting sales in any measurable way and the aftermarket will take care of those that want to spend 35k+ to bounce a brand new truck off trees and rocks.

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

And that's exactly why I expect something to be available - no way they leave that to the aftermarket especially when the parts should fit both Ranger and Bronco.

I could see Ford staying away from offering both IFS and SFA as factory options simply because of the amount of engineering required to make both versions. For example, wouldn't both systems have to be designed and tested to meet frontal crash safety standards? If they are okay with IFS on the Ranger Raptor then it should be acceptable on the Bronco as well. Doing otherwise would be like offering a solid rear axle option on the Mustang just to appease the drag racing crowd. It's not as simple as it was back in the day when they sold separate Mustang models with both and racers could slap a GT rear axle assembly under a Cobra.

30 minutes ago, blksn8k2 said:

I could see Ford staying away from offering both IFS and SFA as factory options simply because of the amount of engineering required to make both versions. For example, wouldn't both systems have to be designed and tested to meet frontal crash safety standards? If they are okay with IFS on the Ranger Raptor then it should be acceptable on the Bronco as well. Doing otherwise would be like offering a solid rear axle option on the Mustang just to appease the drag racing crowd. It's not as simple as it was back in the day when they sold separate Mustang models with both and racers could slap a GT rear axle assembly under a Cobra.

Big difference between an axle on a car you can’t see vs a full blown off road package.

Its also not about whether the buyers use it or not - I doubt most Raptors go desert running - it’s about what people will pay for.

And yes you can do that with IFS and it probably makes more sense to make it an aftermarket part, but I could see a business case for making it a unique model.  Just depends on how hardcore they want to go.