Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

So this is Ford anticipating more activity in the mod area, let’s hope so anyway 

I think they have big plans for the Mod center and not just for Bronco/Ranger. It is huge, roughly estimate would be 125,000 sqft. They are making it to be a showcase. Crews have been working for 2 months just grinding and polishing 50 year old concrete to look like a floor at Home Depot or Lowes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chris532 said:

I think they have big plans for the Mod center and not just for Bronco/Ranger. It is huge, roughly estimate would be 125,000 sqft. They are making it to be a showcase. Crews have been working for 2 months just grinding and polishing 50 year old concrete to look like a floor at Home Depot or Lowes.

that's interesting. I haven't been over in that building in a while to see what’s been done. 

they’re also putting the autonomous vehicle upfit center in there too. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm assuming they'll have a lot more factory accessories available for Bronco that they'll have to install.

One area ford wants to get into  is accessories on its trucks, the aftermarket makes a fortune on customising trucks and now Ford wants in

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, Nickp said:

It was suggested by another member here who is pretty well connected that it would be May, but either is believable. 

I kinda tend to doubt it would be New York for a couple reasons: 

1. NYIAS has been recently used as a showcase for Lincoln. The Ford brand hasn't debuted much there for a while

2. May is a month closer to when they actually start being built, and there's a greater effort within the company to close the gap in the amount of time between reveal and SOP. 

3. New York City really isn't a truck market. Doesn't make sense to debut a truck there. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

3. New York City really isn't a truck market. Doesn't make sense to debut a truck there. 

Well you do have millions of people living within an hour or two drive of it and there are shitton of pickups in the area-maybe not as many as Texas or the line, but we do have a large number of pickups.

If this is true, I'll take the train to to NYC for the official unveiling

1 hour ago, passis said:

I hadn't realized that a Bronco pick up was confirmed.

Edit: oh, it's that pickup we've been talking about. I thought it was associated with a cheaper Cuv

Actually I think its both-The Bronco pickup (basically a bed behind the C pillar) and there is also a smaller C class pickup that is going to be built in the same plant as the Baby Bronco and Transit Connect. There's been rumors of it being associated with the Bronco branding (like it would have the front end of the Baby Bronco?), but nothing concrete yet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

PD said that a Bronco Truck based on the actual Bronco was being talked about but as of (I think) Labor Day hadn't gotten the green light yet. As far as I'm aware it's still a rumor. 

I think that's one of the things that can possibly wait a year or two in the grand scheme of things. A nice change before a MCE on the Bronco. 

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It was suggested by another member here who is pretty well connected that it would be May, but either is believable. 

I kinda tend to doubt it would be New York for a couple reasons: 

1. NYIAS has been recently used as a showcase for Lincoln. The Ford brand hasn't debuted much there for a while

2. May is a month closer to when they actually start being built, and there's a greater effort within the company to close the gap in the amount of time between reveal and SOP. 

I've never understood why that's so hard to figure out - pick a launch date closer to shows and work backward from there.

13 hours ago, snooter said:

I would welcome a 2 door bronc truck....the heep 4 door gladiator is utterly useless....

I've been resisting commenting on this, but I can't help myself anymore lol - Why do you even bother posting about Bronco?  You clearly hate everything about it and won't get one, so why bother?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I've never understood why that's so hard to figure out - pick a launch date closer to shows and work backward from there.

It's not that simple. If you saw the amount of work that still needs to be done just in body shop alone, you would understand why we aren't going to start building the earliest builds for another 6 months at least. Literally half of the building is still empty despite all of the stuff they installed over the Christmas break. 

You also don't really want to show it off after those builds start because that's how leaks happen.

• Like 1