Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 hours ago, probowler said:

Oh, haha, no I meant not put that ridiculous system in your vehicle in the first place. Rip out the whole computer, throw it in the trash.  The Ranger can have it, but leave it out of the Bronco.

It's been compulsory in all on road vehicles since 2012.

If a manufacturer like Ford does a factory 4" lift kit and big wheels, it also can supply a correctly calibrated DSC,

something the aftermarket would struggle to adequately cover, this area is gold for Ford.

Edited by jpd80

Highly doubt ford would ever go over a 2 inch lift on a SAS (liability)...lifted ifs trucks are usually dedicated off road only...done right lifted ifs can be expensive..ifs other issue is they are weaker than stick axles....running fire roads and back woods gravel roads the bronc will do fine...just understand it will be a puddle jumper...

12 hours ago, probowler said:

Oh, haha, no I meant not put that ridiculous system in your vehicle in the first place. Rip out the whole computer, throw it in the trash.  The Ranger can have it, but leave it out of the Bronco.

Did you write this?

“There needs to be a automotive company made just for men. Real men, a simple man. No touch screen this and that, I want solid axles, V8s, give me knobs on my dash board and cables on my vents, no seat belt and tire pressure dingy with illumination. A windshield that doesnt stretch to the front of the hood. Dont need remote start because we are MEN, and we start our wifes car while we are out there so we can get laid that night. Give me lights that I can buy from a Oriellys shelf, a manual transmission because these computer driven automatics never know what gear they want, give me a cable throttle because no one likes hesitation when they are in a mud hole. We MEN dont need traction control, we have been controling traction since we were driving Power Wheels, and if a 3 yr old can get traction on wet grass with plastic tires then we MEN can too. And finally the only reason I want a vanity mirror is to make sure I dont have boogers in my nose.”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nickp said:

Did you write this?

“There needs to be a automotive company made just for men. Real men, a simple man. No touch screen this and that, I want solid axles, V8s, give me knobs on my dash board and cables on my vents, no seat belt and tire pressure dingy with illumination. A windshield that doesnt stretch to the front of the hood. Dont need remote start because we are MEN, and we start our wifes car while we are out there so we can get laid that night. Give me lights that I can buy from a Oriellys shelf, a manual transmission because these computer driven automatics never know what gear they want, give me a cable throttle because no one likes hesitation when they are in a mud hole. We MEN dont need traction control, we have been controling traction since we were driving Power Wheels, and if a 3 yr old can get traction on wet grass with plastic tires then we MEN can too. And finally the only reason I want a vanity mirror is to make sure I dont have boogers in my nose.”

This guy sounds like a pussy. This is what REAL men use.

pioneer-era-buckboard-wagon-picture__x75380474.jpg

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Nickp said:

Did you write this?

TLDR, but from the first few words it looked like bullshit. Try harder, or less. Yeah definitely less. 

12 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Too long to read?  HA HAHA!!

Try your own advice: smarter or less. Yeah, definitely less.

Honestly, I still don't understand why the Bronco has to be compromised because you guys are too stupid to drive without computer assistance, and I don't see why that's such a controversial topic.

17 minutes ago, probowler said:

Honestly, I still don't understand why the Bronco has to be compromised because you guys are too stupid to drive without computer assistance, and I don't see why that's such a controversial topic.

Maybe because you're being an insulting twink about it?

Cars/trucks have changed.  The computers have elements defined by laws, look 'em up.  Bitch at your representatives.  Maybe, build a '78 Bronco with manual everything, throw out your computer and other devices, and subsist entirely on bacon and beans until your arteries give up the ghost...maybe that'll make you feel all manly and what-not.

Meanwhile, the functional people can have a modern vehicle, and build a classic, and appreciate each for what they are.

18 minutes ago, probowler said:

Bronco will be computerised because that's the way Ford is making it.

I don't understand why that's so controvertialnin the 21st century.....

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Because it doesn’t meet people’s narrow mindedness of what a Bronco is supposed to be- when they couldn’t afford one to start with. 

It's funny you mention narrow mindedness, when you're the ones advocating rules and regulations which force everyone to comply with YOUR view of a modern vehicle... Hypocritical much? Yes. 

Let the market offer cheaper, simpler vehicles for those who want a nice 4x4. Don't force expensive computers and electronics on them. 

If you want those features, you should be allowed to have them and pay for them accordingly.  Thats a win for everyone. 

27 minutes ago, probowler said:

Let the market offer cheaper, simpler vehicles for those who want a nice 4x4. Don't force expensive computers and electronics on them. 

The market already offers your dream 4x4... doesn't get any simpler than this:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a28675796/mahindra-roxor-4x4-drive/

Edited by CoolScoop

20 minutes ago, probowler said:

It's funny you mention narrow mindedness, when you're the ones advocating rules and regulations which force everyone to comply with YOUR view of a modern vehicle... Hypocritical much? Yes. 

If you want those features, you should be allowed to have them and pay for them accordingly.  Thats a win for everyone. 

Nobody here is advocating those rules, they are pointing out they exist.  There are two choices: 1) Work to change the rules (won't happen) 2) Learn to play by those rules and make something awesome in the process.

Ford's going for #2, and I can't wait to see what they have!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Nobody here is advocating those rules, they are pointing out they exist.  There are two choices: 1) Work to change the rules (won't happen) 2) Learn to play by those rules and make something awesome in the process.

Ford's going for #2, and I can't wait to see what they have!

I've argued with many here before who very much do advocate for those regulation, and quite emotionally at that. Regardless, I was content letting the discussion end when JPD informed me stability control is now a requirement, but if people want to mock my position just because they disagree I'm more than happy to reply.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

I've argued with many here before who very much do advocate for those regulation, and quite emotionally at that. Regardless, I was content letting the discussion end when JPD informed me stability control is now a requirement, but if people want to mock my position just because they disagree I'm more than happy to reply.

Just ignoring that bfor a minute, the issue with T6'S IFS has been the range of body heights covered,

in other regions, the height varies between low rider pick up 67", high rider 71.5' and Raptor 73.5"

If the low rider wasn't part of the deal then maybe the lift limits could be changed..,...

2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Just ignoring that bfor a minute, the issue with T6'S IFS has been the range of body heights covered,

in other regions, the height varies between low rider pick up 67", high rider 71.5' and Raptor 73.5"

If the low rider wasn't part of the deal then maybe the lift limits could be changed..,...

Does this mean the T6 platforms ride height is potentially going to be restricted from a stock standpoint, or an aftermarket standpoint?

I'm personally pretty content with around 33" tires, like the stock Raptor, but the 35" tire size is a super popular off-road spec, so I think that's the sweet spot Ford needs to accommodate for, not necessarily as a stock model but just make it achievable.

37 minutes ago, probowler said:

Does this mean the T6 platforms ride height is potentially going to be restricted from a stock standpoint, or an aftermarket standpoint?

I'm personally pretty content with around 33" tires, like the stock Raptor, but the 35" tire size is a super popular off-road spec, so I think that's the sweet spot Ford needs to accommodate for, not necessarily as a stock model but just make it achievable.

Not necessarily, I was just showing what the current Ranger suspension ride height has to encompass,

that doesn't necessarily apply to Bronco and the next generation vehicles, they may be different in a good way.

Let's hope that Ford has done its homework.

Edited by jpd80

13 hours ago, probowler said:

Not really-much if these new fangled computers you seem to dislike are required by law to make trucks/CUV safer for all drivers. 

it’s not as easy as you think it is to remove it or not design it at all. Or at least do it profitability.  

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What this thread has turned into giphy.gif

actually, it would not surprize me in the slightest if they release a basic model...stick shift, vinyl flooring , Active X, a/c, powered windows etc basic stereo ( maybe even stereo delete ) and sync...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

actually, it would not surprize me in the slightest if they release a basic model...stick shift, vinyl flooring , Active X, a/c, powered windows etc basic stereo ( maybe even stereo delete ) and sync...

Can we somehow convince them to build like 5 for the certain few that will complain about anything else?