Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

9 hours ago, probowler said:

This is what your post would look like without all the extra BS. 

Why are you so upset with ford and the Bronco? 

Things like the Bank of America presentation might have suggested Ford was actually going to build something different than their current lineup in order to capture some market space they aren't already in.  It doesn't seem like they tried that hard to differentiate it beyond cosmetics.

10.jpg

46 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

Things like the Bank of America presentation might have suggested Ford was actually going to build something different than their current lineup in order to capture some market space they aren't already in.  It doesn't seem like they tried that hard to differentiate it beyond cosmetics.

10.jpg

Just like the rumored explorer fx4, it seems like ford could fill the “opportunity” part of the chart with packages on each vehicle. If each vehicle came with an appearance, ST and FX4 package, you’d have most of the bases covered. 

12 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

It looks weird?   Let’s be honest, you don’t see a lot of factory-stock vehicles with the mirror mounted that high up on the A-pillar.  I don’t mind it, function over form in the Bronco’s case.  

I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere in these 30 odd pages of posts but if the doors are removable it makes sense not to put the mirrors on the doors. When I added an outside mirror on my '75 Bronco, which didn't have any when I got it, I put it on the driver side A pillar for that very reason. Incidentally, the 1st gen Bronco had them mounted on the door behind the vent window. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

10.jpg

Thanks for sharing this... It's really interesting to see that ford does indeed consider the baby Bronco to be a much more rugged and hopefully capable alternative to the escape, rather than just slapping a bronco body on the escape platform and calling it a day 

15 minutes ago, probowler said:

Thanks for sharing this... It's really interesting to see that ford does indeed consider the baby Bronco to be a much more rugged and hopefully capable alternative to the escape, rather than just slapping a bronco body on the escape platform and calling it a day 

They look very similar but you will immediately be able to tell the 2 apart. 

5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Perhaps a little off subject, but just read the Gladiator is being heavily dis-counted due to slow sales....would that make Ford question a Bronco Pickup?....I would say that's a big YES....

A good example of having two products that are too much alike, competing against each other more than they do with products from other manufacturers. 

Hopefully that's not what Ford is going to do to itself with the Bronco / Ranger / Raptors.

30 minutes ago, Stampede.Offroad said:

A good example of having two products that are too much alike, competing against each other more than they do with products from other manufacturers. 

Hopefully that's not what Ford is going to do to itself with the Bronco / Ranger / Raptors.

Only if Bronco was Everest rebadged and we know that's not happening.

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Perhaps a little off subject, but just read the Gladiator is being heavily dis-counted due to slow sales....would that make Ford question a Bronco Pickup?....I would say that's a big YES....

I'd say it depends-if the investment can be justified and the sales numbers are there for it-why not do it? From the article I saw posted on Competition forum, it seems like Jeep was getting greedy to a point and thought their shit didn't stink with the Gladiator-overly optimistic with sales numbers and growing marketshare with it. The dealers seem like they are getting told they want to chase midsized pickup sales with it vs the Ranger and other products, when in actuality its a niche Wrangler that can't really compete at cost with the midsize pickup market in its current form.

The Bronco pickup would be a Bronco niche with limited sales-maybe 20-40K units...then again the Bronco might only be 100K units a year too...but going by demand it seems like its going to be much higher then that. 

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

Under development, in an official sense now.

Jeep's approach - a 50/50 split of Wrangler and 80's-vintage pickup - managed to expose the worst of both.

Re: Bronco P/U: Think about what made the first gen SportTrac such a success, and apply that formula to an offroader with unsurpassed chops and pedigree.

Remember the lifestyle pickup program that was scratched a while back? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Isn't Ranger supposed to be the "lifestyle" truck? 

the whole thing just doesn't seem to need to exist in my mind 

In its current iteration, it kind of has to be. The next gen will present a more capable little brother for F-Series.

Bronco P/U, assuming it carries forward, is a relatively easy exercise, given the amount of A-grade hardware that can carryover. It can sell with ATPs higher than Ranger and is thought to be able to conquest - ironically - traditional Wrangler buyers. 

And that's all I can say. For now.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

In its current iteration, it kind of has to be. The next gen will present a more capable little brother for F-Series.

Bronco P/U, assuming it carries forward, is a relatively easy exercise, given the amount of A-grade hardware that can carryover. It can sell with ATPs higher than Ranger and is thought to be able to conquest - ironically - traditional Wrangler buyers. 

And that's all I can say. For now.

Hmm, now I'm thinking the Ranger I get when the fusion lease is up may not be my forever truck...

• Thanks 2

The problem with the gladiator is price. While it is slightly more expensive than its similarly equipped competitors, it’s also more expensive than the wrangler. Usually suv versions of vehicles are more expensive than their truck counterparts (ex. expedition is more expensive than f150). Jeep did the exact opposite.

also the proportions just don’t look right. The bed looks like it’s about 6” too long. Shortening the bed would make it look better in my opinion.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gallery-Exterior-Gre

the other problem is that the sport and sport s models look like crap with all the black plastic on them. I’m not paying 36k for black plastic. I believe you have to go up to the overland model to get body colored trim which bumps the price up to over 40k.

2.jpg?height=400
the Jeep sport s above is listed at 40k and looks like it should be around 20k lol. For that price I can get a ranger lariat 4x4.

• Like 1

As T-dubz pointed out, the big problem i with the Gladiator is thr price point, it's too expensive and not enough value! The price is the big complaint I hear when talking about it. 

Ford would do well to remember that if this bronco PU materializes... It will big a big advantage for them if the Bronco can be cheaper or at least more of a value.