Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, probowler said:

As T-dubz pointed out, the big problem i with the Gladiator is thr price point, it's too expensive and not enough value! The price is the big complaint I hear when talking about it. 

Ford would do well to remember that if this bronco PU materializes... It will big a big advantage for them if the Bronco can be cheaper or at least more of a value. 

I seriously doubt the existence of a Bronco pick-up, I just don't think it was part of the project

as that would seriously encroach on NG Ranger and as we've seen in leaked pictures,

Ranger taking on future F150 styling will need its own product space.

I can understand why Jeep prices the other way around as the Wrangler is open backed

and approximates a short wheelbase Gladiator more than a traditional SUV variant.

Ironically, a Bronco pick-up would most likely following jeeps pricing example and be

more expensive than a four door Bronco SUV. Go figure.....

Yeah, It probably doesn't exist but it's fun to speculate. I don't particularly think we need a Bronco pickup either, especially if they eventually have some kind of ranger raptor package.

I'd be much more interested in a fullsize bronco based on F150/Ranger architecture.  I know the sizes are pretty similar but I feel like that would be more popular than a bronco truck.

Or  maybe something crazy will happen and the bronco will be such a big hit, that the extra cache behind the name could cause ford pursue to pursue Bronco PU over a Ranger Raptor.  As is, Ford is probably looking at Gladiator sales and going "Noooope"

Edited by probowler
a word

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Yeah, It probably doesn't exist but it's fun to speculate. I don't particularly think we need a Bronco pickup either, especially if they eventually have some kind of ranger raptor package.

I'd be much more interested in a fullsize bronco based on F150/Ranger architecture.  I know the sizes are pretty similar but I feel like that would be more popular than a bronco truck.

Or  maybe something crazy will happen and the bronco will be such a big hit, that the extra cache behind the name could cause ford pursue to pursue Bronco PU over a Ranger Raptor.  As is, Ford is probably looking at Gladiator sales and going "Noooope"

It may be as simple as just looking at Ford buyers clamouring for a new Bronco and capturing all that Bronco- Raptor- Ranger interlinking sweet spot, al the things that Ford can do really well.

The product cavalcade this year is gonna be big, F150, Bronco, Mustang Mach E, maybe a few more shown for good measure...

If I think about a four door bronco pick up truck, I think it  would cost more because it have the cost a 4 door bronco plus the bed and extended frame, on the other hand you could see the 2 door bronco truck being less costly then the four door bronco, but is there a market?  Just random thoughts based on looking at the size and materials of the jeep gladiator. I agree with the school of thought that the  Ranger Raptor should cover that demographic.  

14 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Under development, in an official sense now.

Jeep's approach - a 50/50 split of Wrangler and 80's-vintage pickup - managed to expose the worst of both.

Re: Bronco P/U: Think about what made the first gen SportTrac such a success, and apply that formula to an offroader with unsurpassed chops and pedigree.

Remember the lifestyle pickup program that was scratched a while back? Pepperidge Farm remembers. 

shoot  Premier, that didn't help...I remember the Sport-trac too well...absolute sales flop where I was, we had several  we couldn't give away that had birthdays...bed was too small and the vehicle was qway overpriced...we were excited at the Adrenalin concept, then let down when they nixed the hot rod engine and released it solely as a cosmetic upgrade... 

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

so, the baby pickup is no mas?

The lifestyle pickup was hinted at being a F-100 like product, sorta like the Ridgeline a long time ago-before we got the Ranger back in 2017. 

I think the Baby pickup is completely different since the CD6 is RWD 

42 minutes ago, Deanh said:

shoot  Premier, that didn't help...I remember the Sport-trac too well...absolute sales flop where I was, we had several  we couldn't give away that had birthdays...bed was too small and the vehicle was qway overpriced...we were excited at the Adrenalin concept, then let down when they nixed the hot rod engine and released it solely as a cosmetic upgrade... 

ford-sport-trac-adrenalin-photo-165193-s

I wasn’t a huge fan of the early sport tracs, but by the time they started looking like this, I thought they were pretty awesome. I actually think this design has aged very well and still looks like an attractive vehicle. I for one love the short bed. It was large enough to carry one large item, like a lawn mower or chest of drawers, and it was short enough to where the vehicle would still fit in the garage.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That gen Explorer didn't light the world on fire either for the same reason 

Yep that was part of the great rollback from SUVs and CUVs...then again an Explorer only got around 14/20 MPG then

Today, a bigger and heavier model gets 19/27 MPG...

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The problem with the gladiator is price. While it is slightly more expensive than its similarly equipped competitors, it’s also more expensive than the wrangler. Usually suv versions of vehicles are more expensive than their truck counterparts (ex. expedition is more expensive than f150). Jeep did the exact opposite.

also the proportions just don’t look right. The bed looks like it’s about 6” too long. Shortening the bed would make it look better in my opinion.

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-Gallery-Exterior-Gre

I did this quick chop.  I took the extra length out of the cab and shifted the bed forward without moving the wheel - bed size is actually the same.

image.thumb.png.638c2b0212f8e250b60f302fcff7e84c.png

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The lifestyle pickup was hinted at being a F-100 like product, sorta like the Ridgeline a long time ago-before we got the Ranger back in 2017. 

I think the Baby pickup is completely different since the CD6 is RWD 

I've always thought ford should utilize the F-100 name somehow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I did this quick chop.  I took the extra length out of the cab and shifted the bed forward without moving the wheel - bed size is actually the same.

image.thumb.png.638c2b0212f8e250b60f302fcff7e84c.png

Yours looks better, but you will lose a lot of rear legroom as a result, and that will make it more of a deal killer. I don't mind the way it looks at all. I like it as a Jeep product and I'm happy they didn't slap a Jeep badge on a Ram product.

7 hours ago, T-dubz said:

ford-sport-trac-adrenalin-photo-165193-s

I wasn’t a huge fan of the early sport tracs, but by the time they started looking like this, I thought they were pretty awesome. I actually think this design has aged very well and still looks like an attractive vehicle. I for one love the short bed. It was large enough to carry one large item, like a lawn mower or chest of drawers, and it was short enough to where the vehicle would still fit in the garage.

I obviously liked the 2nd gen Sport Trac since I kept mine for twelve years. In many ways it was a more advanced vehicle than the current Ranger even though Ford seems to be trying to market the Ranger to the same audience. The Sport Trac and a much nicer interior, composite bed, 4-wheel independent suspension with heavy front and rear sway bars, 4-wheel disc brakes and AWD with an available 2-speed transfer case (although not in the Adrenalin package). The other problem with sales was that I don't recall ever seeing a TV or print ad for the Sport Trac, at least not for the 2nd gen. Kinda hard to sell something no one knows about.

23 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

In its current iteration, it kind of has to be. The next gen will present a more capable little brother for F-Series.

Bronco P/U, assuming it carries forward, is a relatively easy exercise, given the amount of A-grade hardware that can carryover. It can sell with ATPs higher than Ranger and is thought to be able to conquest - ironically - traditional Wrangler buyers. 

And that's all I can say. For now.

X+Y = ???

BroncoPickup.png

Edited by Stampede.Offroad

The original Bronco was available with a "half cab" option. If that's what they have in mind that might make more sense for the 2-door version but it would only be for nostalgia's sake. 

As far as competition for the Gladiator, I don't see any need for a 4-door Bronco pickup. As I suggested months ago, the Ranger Raptor would cover that base and, keep in mind, unlike Ford with the Ranger, FCA doesn't currently have any other mid-size truck. 

image.jpeg.89b38f40841c29ebcaeb01f7ece1acfd.jpeg

• Like 1

Another thought on the "half cab" idea. The original consisted of a shorter top with a fixed rear window, a bolt-in steel divider or "bulkhead" behind the front seats that the roof attached to, and removal of the rear seat. Chango presto - a Bronco pickup! No reason Ford couldn't do something similar with the new Bronco for very little cost. And, by replacing the top with the full length version, removing the bulkhead and putting the rear seat back in you could have a pickup and a "regular" Bronco all in the same vehicle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

I obviously liked the 2nd gen Sport Trac since I kept mine for twelve years. In many ways it was a more advanced vehicle than the current Ranger even though Ford seems to be trying to market the Ranger to the same audience. The Sport Trac and a much nicer interior, composite bed, 4-wheel independent suspension with heavy front and rear sway bars, 4-wheel disc brakes and AWD with an available 2-speed transfer case (although not in the Adrenalin package). The other problem with sales was that I don't recall ever seeing a TV or print ad for the Sport Trac, at least not for the 2nd gen. Kinda hard to sell something no one knows about.

I don't recall ever seeing one of these. I remember the first gen. I wanted to buy one of those when I traded my 93 Lightning in 03. When I actually tried one, it felt too narrow. Somehow, the driving position felt a little too close to the door. I ended up buying an 03 Supercrew.

2 hours ago, blksn8k2 said:

Another thought on the "half cab" idea. The original consisted of a shorter top with a fixed rear window, a bolt-in steel divider or "bulkhead" behind the front seats that the roof attached to, and removal of the rear seat. Chango presto - a Bronco pickup! No reason Ford couldn't do something similar with the new Bronco for very little cost. And, by replacing the top with the full length version, removing the bulkhead and putting the rear seat back in you could have a pickup and a "regular" Bronco all in the same vehicle. 

Are you hinting at a convertible vehicle which can transition from truck to suv? 

Ive had this idea for the Gladiator but never considered it for the Bronco. In fact I forgot about the OG Bronco truck. 

I think such an option would be a super unique and attractive prospect if the conversion process was simple enough.