Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

10 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So this is your first and only warning before a vacation-your intentionally needling/trolling people now.

Uhh I am the one actually attempting to discuss a topic here and getting attacked and somehow responding to trolling/memes is on me??????

Or are dissenting opinions not welcome here????

Edited by Steve557

18 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Opinions are not facts.

Your the one drawing attention to yourself by picking a stupid hill to die on, when the Bronco is not going to have SLA. 

We can have an opinion and discuss the merits of both while having the fact that Bronco will indeed have IFS. We can both acknowledge there is no factual information on if Bronco is better off with IFS or SFA, just differing opinions on what we think is best.

If we didn’t  discuss features that vehicles were not going to have or do not have then this forum would be pretty boring tbh.

Drawing attention due to an opinion and having a discussion is much different than being attacked with nonsense.

Edited by Steve557
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

I think for this type of market SFA does attract buyers but time will tell with the Bronco. I don’t think it impacts Jeep market much and it would probably lose 10% without SFA too.

I highlighted the most important words in this whole conversation.  Had you stated those earlier, a lot of this could have been avoided.  You have finally stated this is your opinion, as opposed to the fact you were stating it as earlier.  I (and most others here) happen to disagree with your opinions, and that's OK.  Just don't come in here acting like it's fact.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I highlighted the most important words in this whole conversation.  Had you stated those earlier, a lot of this could have been avoided.  You have finally stated this is your opinion, as opposed to the fact you were stating it as earlier.  I (and most others here) happen to disagree with your opinions, and that's OK.  Just don't come in here acting like it's fact.

Never said it’s a fact that the Bronco is better with IFS or SFA. My opinion certainly is that it is better with SFA but none of us can say for fact it’s better with one or other, it will always be an opinion. If differing opinion was more welcome here then it could have been avoided.

7 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

Never said it’s a fact that the Bronco is better with IFS or SFA. My opinion certainly is that it is better with SFA but none of us can say for fact it’s better with one or other, it will always be an opinion. If differing opinion was more welcome here then it could have been avoided.

Seriously?  That’s literally all you’ve said in this thread the last two days.

There is nothing more to discuss about it.  You want SFA - maybe you’ll get it in a special edition or aftermarket conversion.  But it won’t be in the regular Bronco.

So let’s end that discussion now because it’s detracting from all the other things that folks want to discuss.  Further posts will be deleted.  Find something new to gripe about.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Seriously?  That’s literally all you’ve said in this thread the last two days.

There is nothing more to discuss about it.  You want SFA - maybe you’ll get it in a special edition or aftermarket conversion.  But it won’t be in the regular Bronco.

So let’s end that discussion now because it’s detracting from all the other things that folks want to discuss.  Further posts will be deleted.  Find something new to gripe about.

I stated it was a fact that the Bronco would be better with SFA?? It is my opinion, never once stated it was a fact. 

8 minutes ago, Steve557 said:

I will respectfully disagree with any insinuation that I stated it as fact but agreed done with this apparent controversial topic.

And I will not so respectfully disagree with your disagreement.  

Might as well just call it the Bronco II, shame they decided to half ass it.

And now we are most definitely DONE.  Next topic please.

Just my two cents... if he wants to discuss a SFA, and you guys dont, just dont engage! 

Quite simple... No one has to be silenced or put in time out just because you guys are tired of hearing it. Just stop talking to him about it. There are plenty of other people here who isn't discussing a SFA that you can engage with. 

I don't think it's fair to try and control what someone wants to discuss, even you find it annoying.

HOWEVER, Steve you shouldn't be making personal attacks, insinuating that they are "stupid" or lack comprehension skills, etc.

We're all adults here ❤️

• Like 3

It’s not that it shouldn’t be discussed.  It has been discussed over and over and both sides made their point multiple times.  There is nothing left to discuss rationally - just arguing and as you can see it devolves into name calling.  There are a dozen other things we can discuss about Bronco.  If someone wants to start a SFA vs IFS topic be my guest.

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s not that it shouldn’t be discussed.  It has been discussed over and over and both sides made their point multiple times.  There is nothing left to discuss rationally - just arguing and as you can see it devolves into name calling.  There are a dozen other things we can discuss about Bronco.  If someone wants to start a SFA vs IFS topic be my guest.

Not to advertise another forum, but there is a 32 page discussion on the Bronco6G forum that actually gets very in depth.

I’d recommend anybody who wants to truly discuss it and learn about the differences at least read through the thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Done with it at its clearly not a productive topic around here at this point in time, neither side will ever agree. Look forward to the new Bronco to be revealed for others to enjoy and hopefully a SFA option down the road someday for the rest of us. 

One worry is the baby bronc may in fact be too "car like"... i can deal with ifs if it was on a frame...unibody we would tear thru in short order...toddler bronc is all pretty much down to styling and fun factor...we will wait for used market..be cutting em up anyhow so no need to pay price of entry on new..real stuff we will just tow...baby bronc just be our camp toy warmed over

59 minutes ago, snooter said:

One worry is the baby bronc may in fact be too "car like"... i can deal with ifs if it was on a frame...unibody we would tear thru in short order...toddler bronc is all pretty much down to styling and fun factor...we will wait for used market..be cutting em up anyhow so no need to pay price of entry on new..real stuff we will just tow...baby bronc just be our camp toy warmed over

Actually, with Escape becoming more car like with lower proportion and seating, it looks like Bronco Sport is being positioned

to pick up all the buyers who loved the older squarer Escape. It's a great move IMO and sure they're cashing in on Bronco name

but what the heck, people have lots of choices.

Bronco Sport might be a mall cruiser that never does more than the odd dirt trail but, that could be where a lot of the Jeep swing

buyers reside. To those buyers, was never about the stuff underneath, it's all about how it looks and others looking at your vehicle.

10 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Actually, with Escape becoming more car like with lower proportion and seating, it looks like Bronco Sport is being positioned

to pick up all the buyers who loved the older squarer Escape. It's a great move IMO and sure they're cashing in on Bronco name

but what the heck, people have lots of choices.

Bronco Sport might be a mall cruiser that never does more than the odd dirt trail but, that could be where a lot of the Jeep swing

buyers reside. To those buyers, was never about the stuff underneath, it's all about how it looks and others looking at your vehicle.

These people are probably the minority, but on the escape-city forum there are a few brave souls who do like to 4x4 and explore in the older Escapes. They might also love what the Bronco Sport offers.

Every once in awhile people ask about lift kits too... so if the sport can be JUST a little higher than the old Escape that would be a very good move by Ford.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

OK, I'm thinking Bronco Sport compared to Jeep Compass, that kinda widens the field from just T6 Bronco and Wrangler sparring.

It's a bit of a shift by Ford to a bit more aggression but there's still a fair bit of safety play in there too. Balance in all things.

Edited by jpd80

Ifs lift=best to leave alone...not much gain for the money-its a car based suspension but chebby wanted ride quality in trucks and there are many buyers out there that want it.....biggest gripe is wheel alignment gets easly knocked out with a lift and they easily break when wheeled ...problem is most everything you do you end up affecting steering...ie: safety issue...no gain in flex really to speak of either....unibody really regulates the baby bronc to gravel and fire roads ie: if its never to be wheeled then you can spend the coin and get nothing out of it...there is nothing strong about ifs when compared to stick axles its just dam weak...lil tird probably will sell if not stupid priced of course we know it will be